1. #1

    how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    I am really frustrated when fighting professor putricide and only get around 5k dps for the fight. I usually do 8k dps on other bosses. I think one of reasons is my rotation is interrupted because of killing ooze and gas cloud. But I did see other kitties can do 8k dps. Any suggestions on kitty for putricide fight? Thank you!

  2. #2

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    It's hard to keep high numbers on the prof as you said , all the running around is screwing up your rotation. the other cats you see with higher numbers may be because there guild is using a different tactic to your guild's. I'll bet that is the case.In our guild we have a few selected dps stay on the boss nearly 100% of the time.

  3. #3

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    I normally do a mangle, berserk and go to town at the start of the fight. when the first ooze is about to spawn i make sure the rip is fairly new and get a new savage roar up. switch to the ooze and normally do a FB as green actually need to die quickly, go back to Put and put up a new rip/rake switch to orange ooze and i normally just get a savage roar up and go back to put for another rip/rake. just try to keep your dots on Put while still being able to do burst on the ooze

  4. #4

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    Quote Originally Posted by bearchang
    I am really frustrated when fighting professor putricide and only get around 5k dps for the fight. I usually do 8k dps on other bosses. I think one of reasons is my rotation is interrupted because of killing ooze and gas cloud. But I did see other kitties can do 8k dps. Any suggestions on kitty for putricide fight? Thank you!
    8k dps doesn't seem legitamitly possible with all the add switching and potion dodging. they're more than likely sitting on professor the whole time.

    though i could be wrong, i was sitting somewhere between 7k-7.5k the last couple weeks before i got 4T10. anywho, don't worry about your dps on putricide. the whole fight is about coordination, killing adds, and running away from pots. it only becomes important in p3.

  5. #5

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    I wish i could hit 7. I'm lucky to hit 6

    My guild keeps a few melee on professor (not me because I have charge, sprint, and run speed increases) and it seems to be beneficial. There are a few things I try to scream at myself while fighting him:

    1. Move out before the damn choking gas. Unless you tanks have a strat to keep the melee from ever running into it, it's important to run away from professor before he casts it. I made my Duex Vox Encounters timer for Choking Gas Cooldown scream at me and flash my screen white.

    2. Try to keep a rip up on professor while you're killing slimes. Sometimes it's difficult to get it off in time, but it's really important. If you move to a slime before you use those combo points you're just wasting them. I'm not sure if it's beneficial to put up a Rip with less than 5 combo points but it probably is (especially with 2pc T10).

    3. Gas Cloud and Green Ooze are very different. I put up a rip on the Green Ooze because it dies slower (for us at least) and it ticks while I'm knocked back. I only FB the Gas Clouds because they die quickly and Rip doesn't tick fast enough to make it worth putting it up.

    I'd appreciate anyone else leaving some tips here. It's a tough fight for cats but it's a nice change from boring fights like Marrowgar and Death Whisper.

  6. #6

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    1. Move out before the damn choking gas. Unless you tanks have a strat to keep the melee from ever running into it, it's important to run away from professor before he casts it. I made my Duex Vox Encounters timer for Choking Gas Cooldown scream at me and flash my screen white.
    choking gas? is that the bottles?

  7. #7
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    Quote Originally Posted by klondikebear
    choking gas? is that the bottles?
    Yep. 75/100% hit reduction.

  8. #8

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    Quote Originally Posted by klondikebear
    choking gas? is that the bottles?
    It can easily make or break a kill. If the tank drags all the melee into it you're looking at about 7-10 dps that are mostly useless for 15 seconds. You absolutely have to avoid it.

  9. #9

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    It can easily make or break a kill. If the tank drags all the melee into it you're looking at about 7-10 dps that are mostly useless for 15 seconds. You absolutely have to avoid it.

    Just attack from the side's moving closer to the back for shred to avoid the choking gas bomb, for every other melee just attack from the front

  10. #10

    Re: how to improve my dps on prof putricide as a kitty

    Or just move out of the way when hes gonna drop them since its on a timer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •