Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Dath'Remar Sunstrider still alive. I want him back in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by UraRenge
    that's not why it happened. It's because the Alliance commander was a colossal asshole and treated them like crap because he was racist. The Fel Energy thing had nothing to do with it. Hell, Kael didn't even have them join the Horde. He had them join Illidan and the goddamn Legion! Only after that did a faction leave his side for the Horde, not knowing that Garithos was long dead and that their "crimes" would have been lifted by this point.

Now maybe it's just me, but maybe, just MAYBE, the High Elves were those who saw the Naga come up to Kael in FT for the pact, and said to themselves, "Yeah....this isn't gonna end well. It might be a smart idea to get out while the getting is good."
    Ah yes, I forgot about the events with Garithos. You got a point, if you're saying the blood elves were seen as traitors first for going against Garithos. Still the races of Alliance view fel practice with a highly negative attitude, so rejoining the Alliance was out of the question.

It was Lor'themar's initiative that got the blood elves included into the Horde. While Kael'thas's faction was still technically on the same side lorewise, Lor'themar's blood elves weren't directly included in his plans, or at least weren't told everything. Sure, they did some bad things, like holding M'uru in captivity, but they followed their leader(Kael), trusting he knew what was best for their people. After it turned out he was full of shit Lor'themar's blood elves immediately cut ties with him.

Again, I don't know at which point the high elves departed, but when Kael formed a pact with the naga, at that point all who followed him were blood elves. This could be a mere technicality, but knowing how much the high elves despise blood elves suggest they weren't blood elves themselves at any point. Anyway, all that is in the past. Is there any reason for the high elves to view the blood elves with contempt anymore? Are they just too cozy bunking with Alliance to return to their people, who have redeemed themselves? I kinda understand their situation, but still, as a Horde I can't help but loathe them.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Meh Lorth'Remar Theron is a really fuckin' awesome name! He only lacks some awesome lore behind him and that he's really very passive! Don't change the leader, just give us the reason to vote for him during the next elections =)

The only thing that stops High Elves and Blood Elves rejoining again under one banner is the grudges both hold against each other that neither will drop.

On one side we have the High Elves who loathe the Blood Elves for kicking them, their own people, out of the city and the lands that they themselves fought just as hard for and because they succumbed to fel energy.

And then we have the Blood Elves who loathe the High Elves because... actually I don't know why they hate high elves. Can anyone clear this up for me? I like all lore. Having a hole in my knowledge is rather annoying - specially when trying to not be bias in lore discussions.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just have some long lost, previously unmentioned Windrunner sister come back. And giver her a Dreadlord adviser.

And have her sing.

There we go.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Just have some long lost, previously unmentioned Windrunner sister come back.
    Nah, we should just get that Princess of Silvermoon who's stalking these forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Nah, we should just get that Princess of Silvermoon who's stalking these forums...
    ...George Lopez?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Waitwut?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mindipedia
    Waitwut?
    There is a poster who "RPs" the sister of Kael... Was it Evyan or something?

There is a poster who "RPs" the sister of Kael... Was it Evyan or something?
    Ahhh, ty trivia orc

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben
    Still the races of Alliance view fel practice with a highly negative attitude, so rejoining the Alliance was out of the question.
    you keep saying this. No, we don't. Only the NE and Draenei have a problem with it, because they're had to fight the Legion. Everyone else just sees it as another source of energy. That's why we have warlocks in the first place.

No, the reason why the BE could never return to the Alliance is because they WILLINGLY allied themselves with the enemy of all life in the universe. Even the orcs had the excuse of basically being under mind control when they did it. But no, the BE did it of their own will for power. It doesn't matter what you do to redeem yourself at that point. Quisling didn't get forgiveness from my country for what he did in the end. We executed him with a firing squad! That's what you do to traitors, you stamp them out.

you keep saying this. No, we don't. Only the NE and Draenei have a problem with it, because they're had to fight the Legion. Everyone else just sees it as another source of energy. That's why we have warlocks in the first place.

No, the reason why the BE could never return to the Alliance is because they WILLINGLY allied themselves with the enemy of all life in the universe. Even the orcs had the excuse of basically being under mind control when they did it. But no, the BE did it of their own will for power. It doesn't matter what you do to redeem yourself at that point. Quisling didn't get forgiveness from my country for what he did in the end. We executed him with a firing squad! That's what you do to traitors, you stamp them out.

Please learn your lore...

The Blood Elves were highly discriminated by the Alliance, and they allied them self with the Nagas to survive. As mentioned on www.wowwiki.com, the alliance with the nagas was seen as treachery by the Alliance and the blood elves were sentenced to death.

Their will of power is a whole another thing! Their lust for fel power which they drain from demons are only a useful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoenheimen

Please learn your lore...

The Blood Elves were highly discriminated by the Alliance, and they allied them self with the Nagas to survive. As mentioned on www.wowwiki.com, the alliance with the nagas was seen as treachery by the Alliance and the blood elves were sentenced to death.

Their will of power is a whole another thing! Their lust for fel power which they drain from demons are only a useful tool.
    I mentioned that all in my post on the previous page. It doesn't change that the Naga are servants of Illidan, who is a member of the Legion.

It doesn't matter what your reasons are. When you ally yourself with pure evil willingly, and aren't even trying to "bring them down from within", you just went off the deep end. Once again, Quisling from my country.

I mentioned that all in my post on the previous page. It doesn't change that the Naga are servants of Illidan, who is a member of the Legion.
    Still there are only the blood elven soldiers who joined with Kael'thas in Outland who are in a alliance with Illidan.

The ones remaining in Quel'thalas still think Kael'thas is their savior

Deleted

The ones remaining in Quel'thalas still think Kael'thas is their savior
    Not anymore.

But there really is a huge distinction between the Outland Blood Elves and the Silvermoon ones. For one, those who followed Kael fed directly from demons, while the Silvermoon Elves only fed off fel crystals. Plus, the Azerothian Elves didn't ally with neither Illidan nor the Legion.

Still there are only the blood elven soldiers who joined with Kael'thas in Outland who are in a alliance with Illidan.

The ones remaining in Quel'thalas still think Kael'thas is their savior a traitor
    fix'd that for you

For one, those who followed Kael fed directly from demons, while the Silvermoon Elves only fed off fel crystals.
    except for the paladins, who were forcefully torturing and draining the lifeforce of a being of pure light.

Deleted

except for the paladins, who were forcefully torturing and draining the lifeforce of a being of pure light.
    Probably Priests, too.

Though M'uru was a martyr to the higher cause of redeeming the race.

Probably Priests, too.

Though M'uru was a martyr to the higher cause of redeeming the race.
    Nope. Only paladins. Blood High elves priest are in the Culling of Stratholme so they existed before the fall of Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher

fix'd that for you
    As mentioned by Lokann, in TBC they were praising Kael'thas, but when the Sunwell patch came, and he was "lore-killed". Then blizzard lore-killed Kael, Lor'themar and the rest saw him as the traitor he was.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    Nope. Only paladins. Blood High elves priest are in the Culling of Stratholme so they existed before the fall of Silvermoon.
    They were Priest-Magi, using arcane energies to heal as opposed to the Light. After the Sunwell was destroyed, they'd either switch to fel energy or M'uru.

Plus, it was a Priest who had the idea to syphon M'uru in the first place...