Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you start inspecting?

I have noticed that I always start to inspect gloves and downwards. After trinket I inspect my head and downwards. Finally I inspect the weapons. What do you start inpecting?
    <p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign</p></div>

Re: What do you start inspecting?

Weapons always/ Weapon Shield for tankers. Followed by Head and down ward. Trinkets are last, since even if u have ilvl 200 trinkets, its not always a bad sign, since many ilvl 200 are still in use for many and very good, like darkmoon card, banner of victory, grim troll and etc.

But many retards to buy or get higher ilvl which is not always best for the specc they are using, but they do use it to increase the gearscore.

Iam a user of Gearscore...and no its not a bad idéa...Its just that ppl ARE using it very wrong. Instead use it with intelligent judgement!

| Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Always trinkets, you can always read someone by the trinket. Also the libram/idol/range/totem slot. After that I'll go helm down, glove down, weapon(s)

Trinkets>weapons>tier afterwards doesn't really matter.
    Pew pew

start with unknown item icons then work my way from head down to trinkets

gems, then enchants and if those things r in order i look at their gear and if not its someone i dont care about

Ill start with the mainhand weapon and go on the offhand weapon, continuing in a circle ending at his wrists. Most of time I stop before those actually, because my idea of his gear is good enough. You only need to mouseover one of his set pieces to get a list which items of the set he is using and the like.

15+ Year Old Account

I only inspect cool looking gear, like Nibelung, so it's usually:

1 weapons
    2 head pieces
    3 shoulders
    4 cloaks

Past that I never look because I don't care, unless I'm purposefully inspecting a l33t looking player for inspiration then the trinket are next most intresting
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Anything with gems in...

Sadly half the people that play wow dont seem to know you dont need to match sockets.
    Also so many people i see putting something + stam in and end up taking 6 Sp/agi loss for 15 stam ...helpful in pve ?

Gems tell me more about a person than anything else.

helm>chest>legs>belt > gloves > weapon area
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

MH, OH, Gun, Heads and down, Gloves and down.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Mh and OH, followed by trinkets. If they're decent then I'll mouse over tier pieces, usually chest first, and if thats good thats usually it. If the trinkets make me go wtf?! then Ill check tier slots and gemming/enchants, then the helm to see the terrible meta/gems.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

I agree with the trinkets.

For example, a big red flag for me is seeing range caster DPS with that 245 ilvl +128 int trinket. Once I see it I start looking to see if they have any gear that doesnt come from badge vendors, the AH or rep grinding.

Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised by their performance, but usually not.

10+ Year Old Account

Inspect...?

if dis guy has 5k+ GS i just invite him.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rígr
    start with unknown item icons then work my way from head down to trinkets
    What he said
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin
    Anything with gems in...

Sadly half the people that play wow dont seem to know you dont need to match sockets.
    Also so many people i see putting something + stam in and end up taking 6 Sp/agi loss for 15 stam ...helpful in pve ?

Gems tell me more about a person than anything else.

helm>chest>legs>belt > gloves > weapon area
    I agree for the most part, but certain classes have such arbitrary gemming that you can gem each socket, like my Enh shaman (Just not blues, and please no ap/agi/w/e and stam gems).

The win players are the Dks that are dps that gem stam/str stam. Totally pro!
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol
    Inspect...?

if dis guy has 5k+ GS i just invite him.
    I hope you are kidding, because they are pro's just because they have 5k+ gearscore. I have ~4900, and I am usually the top in my guild on meters (DPS, HPS and TPS). I raid with people with 5k+ gearscore, but they can't beat it because they don't research their classes etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    For example, a big red flag for me is seeing range caster DPS with that 245 ilvl +128 int trinket.
    You mean Talisman of Resurgence?

Because that's actually pretty damn good for casters. I don't really understand why so many people think this is a bad trinket for caster dps. That use proc is very useful, and that's the reason people usually get it. (If you're talking about some other trinket, then I apologize)

Back on topic, I have to agree with whoever said gems and enchants. Certain pieces of gear are just harder to acquire, and so those may be lacking (like feet, wrists, back, trinkets). However, poor gemming usually says a lot.

Deleted

i start with gloves and go clockwise till i reach the helm

main thing im looking at are gems and enchants. like said above, ilvl200 trinkets can still be very good for some specs (grim toll and the like)

I always start inspecting head, and if they have wrong metagem (42ap and minor runspeed is often seen among melee) I stop looking there. If they have the right one then I look at the other stuff, watching carefully how they have gemmed/enchanted and what kind of weapons/trinkets they use.

Deleted

I usually just start going downwards from the head, then move on gloves and move down again. If the player has full T9 and no other epics... well, depends on what I'm doing. My dps alone is enough to burn through any heroics. But trying to heal HoR with a half-blue tank and ungemmed 1200 "dps"? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    Iam a user of Gearscore...and no its not a bad idéa...Its just that ppl ARE using it very wrong. Instead use it with intelligent judgement!
    It's because most people who use GS don't possess anything that's even distantly related to intelligence, hoping instead that addons will do all the thinking for them.