Hey guys Zebra here,
I'm currently taking a programming class and have to get some ideas for an incredibly basic OS I have to write. While the program won't be advanced in any way I'm actually interested to know what people's likes and dislikes are about their current operating systems.
1. What do you like about Operating Systems you've used. (I don't want "I like OSX because it's pretty", or "Solaris because it's stable", but specific things that you enjoy and find uniquely helpful)
2. What are things you dislike about Operating Systems you've used. (Again not "Networking on a Mac" we all know it sucks, but explain why)
3. What do you like about File Systems you've used. (A little advanced for the average user, but I'm interested to know what people say)
4. What do you not like about File Systems you've used.
5. What do you like about Operating Systems that isn't unique to a single one. (i.e. the start menus, dock features etc...)
6. What is something you'd like to see.
Thanks in advance, feel free to answer all or only some. I'm just interested to see what other people think. There are things I'd love to take from Windows, OSX, Solaris, RedHat and combine them into one super operating system, but I'm wondering what other techies would like.