Thread: Boomkin - DPS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Boomkin - DPS

Quote Originally Posted by karungash
    for the first question before the buff, they ve nerfed our eclipse =p
    they dont proc right after on proc. there is a small cooldown between lunar and solar.

plus i can pull above 8-8.5k on 10man
    but sadly cant beat the melee on 25man barely above 7k
    other than that i hate the luck factor for the lunar eclipse.
    Yes, but to compensate for breaking Wise Eclipse, they buffed Eclipse itself. I would not call that a nerf, especially considering it generally doesn't take long to proc eclipse in the general way.

Secondly, you're not supposed to beat melee on 25 man. If that happens, then something is up with your melee classes. It is not as bad on 10 man, as you will generally only need spores for one exhale, and you can even survive rather easely with just two spores on you. This means much less movement compared to on 25 man.

yup i know this is why i m banging my head over the walls
    why o why i kept playing with druid =p
    and 10k achi points ouch

a well played moonkin in 10s is god-like... i constantly top my 10s group for dps, even on fights that favor melee more than ranged (except sindragosa- bane of my existance- and BQL when i don't get bitten first =O)...

the biggest reason moonkins do so well in 10s is because of the amount of caster buffs we bring to a raid scenario which means you don't need to rely on others... don't need a ret paladin, ele shaman, shadowpriest, or unholy DK because a single moonkin provides all of the buffs each of those classes provide, as well as doing comparable damage... add in a mage, resto shaman and demo lock and caster buffs are complete...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Quote Originally Posted by iHazhornslol
    Boomkin = Broken Spec/ DPS

Simple, go feral, roll a mage, lock what ever. The fact that you base your entire DPS rotation from one talent, and change it in accordance to this talent is BS.
    I prefer to call this "fun".

seriously though, if I had the fun of a fire mage (lol) I probably wouldnt want to raid on my boomkin. The only fun part of being boomkin atm is anticipating the eclipse, and learning ways to shave that extra second off of the downtime by feeling the spec better. Though I must say that I think the spec would be better if they made proccing lunar eclipse a 100% chance on wrath crit.

Im interested in what they are going to give boomkins in cataclysm. I mean, the fact they arent doing much with us now other than slight adjustments means that they dont want to do anything major with us yet, meaning they either:
    A: Hate us, or
    B: Have something rather large in store for us.

Call me crazy, but im hoping for the latter.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

I have a 6th sense, where I can feel that my eclipse is coming. I'll be spamming wrath, then it will hit me, and i'll start casting starfire.. halfway through my starfire cast.. eclipse procs.. and i'm ready to rock.

Unfortunately for everyone, it's something you're born with, you can't learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance
    I prefer to call this "fun".

seriously though, if I had the fun of a fire mage (lol) I probably wouldnt want to raid on my boomkin. The only fun part of being boomkin atm is anticipating the eclipse, and learning ways to shave that extra second off of the downtime by feeling the spec better. Though I must say that I think the spec would be better if they made proccing lunar eclipse a 100% chance on wrath crit.

Im interested in what they are going to give boomkins in cataclysm. I mean, the fact they arent doing much with us now other than slight adjustments means that they dont want to do anything major with us yet, meaning they either:
    A: Hate us, or
    B: Have something rather large in store for us.

Call me crazy, but im hoping for the latter.
    lolucrazy... norly, they hate us...

boomkins are fun, i love playing my boomkin more than my mage paladin dk or shaman... i love nothing more than dancing around in dalaran as a massive chicken, plus

http://imgur.com/MBTjC.jpg

cant beat that...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there