Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divinity...to take or not to take?

Last night i got pulled into H DTK on my alt tankadin. And within moments of zoning in i start getting chewed out by a barely geared for heroics resto shammy, about how my spec sucked because i did not have Divinityx5.

Now i personally believe she is wrong, but...cant improve if you have a closed mind, so i figured i would ask, is Divinity worth taking? why? and why not?

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ers&cn=Kaelios

Deleted

Re: Divinity...to take or not to take?

Not worth it because it largely results in overheals.
    /thread.

BTW...Switch Benediction for.... ANYTHING. Preferably Vindication or Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Not worth it because it largely results in overheals.
    /thread.

BTW...Switch Benediction for.... ANYTHING. Preferably Vindication or Crusade.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

At the gear point of doing heroics with undergeared healers, divinity is good, since they honestly need all the help they can get. But he is ultimately complaining because he doesn't cut it, not because your spec is bad for that.

Your spec is kinda bad though ;_;

lol, i dont take comments about the spec personal, but when someone starts off their rant with how great their main tankadin is in ICC...and then starts picking at my spec....i get suspicious.

But she wouldnt have had any trouble healing me...if she had dropped her totems...and actually HEALED me, instead of jumping around like a rogue waiting on BG.

But ty for the point about Benediction, i will remove it. Any other problems?

He has no idea what he is talking about if he said to get divinity. It is a usless talent. Ps 1/2 sa, vindi2/2, Crusade 3/3, benediction 1/5.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Hatake This Spec for prot.

2 notes:

You don't need 2/2 imp judgements because if you're doing 6/9 rotation BUT that point would otherwise go into benediction which I find useless. I like this for when I'm NOT doing 6/9 like heroics.

You also don't need Seal Of Command and that point comes from Vindi. i like it because it provides some flexibility for certain fight add tanking and is really great for heroics.

The rest is very standard.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Not taking Pursuit of Justice is not standard for a Protection Paladin talent build, and neither is having points in both Conviction and Seal of Command.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HatakeSC
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Hatake This Spec for prot.

2 notes:

You don't need 2/2 imp judgements because if you're doing 6/9 rotation BUT that point would otherwise go into benediction which I find useless. I like this for when I'm NOT doing 6/9 like heroics.

You also don't need Seal Of Command and that point comes from Vindi. i like it because it provides some flexibility for certain fight add tanking and is really great for heroics.

The rest is very standard.
    You might not need Seal of Command, but personally, I want seal of command. Great for heroics and trash in ICC. Also, Pursuit of Justice is one of the reasons going deep ret is usefull, and you manage to miss it?..

I'd sacrifice 1% crit for SoC any day.
    Hi

I've had to tell people this far to often lately.

Pursuit of justice in NOT optional. The only time that I've ever seen it not talented was general vezzax hm. and that was only for that fight. Every fight In icc, except DBS, is a movment fight(even festergut if you are ot and get 2 melée spores).
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    I've had to tell people this far to often lately.

Pursuit of justice in NOT optional. The only time that I've ever seen it not talented was general vezzax hm. and that was only for that fight. Every fight In icc, except DBS, is a movment fight(even festergut if you are ot and get 2 melée spores).
    There's no fight in the game where moving 15% faster is required otherwise all classes and specs would have it. It's just to help give you some balance should you need it when you miss a movement. If you're on your game, however, it's not necessary at all and the disarm benefit (which is very nice) is easily provided by the plating enchant on your shield. Saying it's not optional is a bit of a strong statement don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol
    You might not need Seal of Command, but personally, I want seal of command. Great for heroics and trash in ICC. Also, Pursuit of Justice is one of the reasons going deep ret is usefull, and you manage to miss it?..

I agree completely and that's why I too take it. I just wanted to make sure that I pointed out for the minmaxers that those were some decisions I made and why.

As for PoJ, as I mentioned above, it's a talent that is great if you're needing that boost but if your ontop of moving it actually doesn't provide any benefit. I'd much rather take the crit from Vind than wish I hadn't spent 2 points in PoJ when I move effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol

Even thought it doesn't proc off of Hammer of the Righteous or Consecrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Fano7
    It's good for trash, useless for bosses.

I don't care very much for trash, so I don't get it.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Not sure where Consecrate comes into this but Seal of Command does proc off HoR, it just doesn't cleave. It'll still cleave off your normal melee attacks and Shield of the Righteous.

Shaman is an idiot.

Even though it doesn't proc the cleave off of Hammer of the Righteous or anything from Consecrate.

Because it procs off of your shield of righteousness and every single 1.6(ish) swing of auto attack. 6k dps on ICC trash mass pulls I think speaks for itself (and no, not gimp gear, not heroic/ret gear, full tanking gear).

SoComm makes heroics a joke, and trash moreso. Gunship adds and Deathwhisper adds also say hello. Going to try using it to hold dark orbs during the blood princes tomorrow, we'll see if it works there too. The other option is 1% crit.. I'll take my seal of cleave.

There's no fight in the game where moving 15% faster is required otherwise all classes and specs would have it. It's just to help give you some balance should you need it when you miss a movement. If you're on your game, however, it's not necessary at all and the disarm benefit (which is very nice) is easily provided by the plating enchant on your shield. Saying it's not optional is a bit of a strong statement don't you think?
    OK, so Blizzard doesn't balance around 15% run speed. It does get you to adds faster, out of Festergut faster, back into Festergut faster, away from Rotslime kited oozes faster, I've heard there's lots of running on Putricide so that'll be faster, moving out of Blood Princes when necessary faster.. point becoming clear?

15% run speed makes a huge difference. I've noticed when I don't have it on alts, I just feel slower. The other option is 2% crit, certainly a threat increase, but PoJ simply beats it out.

To the original post, No, don't take Divinity for reasons said before: This expansion has been flooded with overhealing, and 5% more healing mostly increases that. It has its uses, but not enough to warrant five full talent points.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

As far as I'm concerned, it *is* required.

-Warrior tanks can charge/intercept/intervene, whatever
    -Druid tanks can feral charge
    -Death Knight tanks can death grip

As it stands, we're the only tanking class that has no means to almost instantly close the distance between us and our target. Besides, you could make the same sort of argument against getting tuskarr's vitality as a healer, but I know I'd certainly never run without the movement enchant on my healing set.

And the argument " If you're on your game, however, it's not necessary at all..." really doesn't fly in my book. If your raid is on its game, ardent defender is never necessary; would you drop that talent in favor of something else? Would you skip over ardent defender if all it had going was the cheat death mechanic? It's very nice when everything goes according to plan and nobody makes mistakes... but to gear and spec assuming that no mistakes will be made, even by you, is a bit arrogant. I know if I'm doing everything exactly right I probably won't need that pursuit of justice talent very often... but I'm still going to take it, because nobody is perfect, and there will be times I screw up and need that extra movement speed to make up for my mistake.

To echo the sentiments of many here, Benediction is only useful if your gonna play protribution because you are always OOM as a protribution, and it does help alot. There are good arguments against this as well however.

I agree with the vindication remarks.

The spec you have right now is fine, there is nothing wrong with it. I have yet to try seal of command on my tankadin but I'm too lazy to re-spec and too cheap to pay for it. You're only sacrificing 1% crit for it, so it's a good trade-off imo. 0/5 conviction is probably gonna result in somewhat of a tps loss on bosses, but on non-gimmick fights that shouldn't matter anyways because paladins pull plenty of threat.

Edit: I just noticed that you didn't have glyph of sense undead. It's a very good minor glyph and definitely worth picking up, especially for a tank/dps.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely