Thread: DW help

DW help

My raid leader wants me to go DW for raids because we currently lack a DW DK and an Enh shaman. I had no problems with this except that I have absolutely no idea how to play the spec. My raid leader is gonna be feeding me gear from ToC25 and ToGC10 I just need to know what stats to look for (Like how much hit/Exp and is ArP any good). If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Also for weapons I have the axe off marrowgar 10 it has a 1.5 speed I'm assuming this is bad but until I can get something better Im stuck with it. Assuming I could get the axe off 25 Anub (I will if it drops) would my current axe be better as a MH or OH?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: DW help

I suggest you look at guide on EJ, it is very good.

To answer your question: As a dk you want slow weapons, "The Key" from VIolet Hold is better for DK then every toc weapon below 2.o speed.

Forget everything you know about everything.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-f...you_still_can/

Your current axe is just bad period. You want a slow main hand and slow off-hand.

best is to go with a 2.60 nice starter is the 1h mace from toc 5 man IF it drops off course
    in PoS hero drops a 1h mace 2.60.
    rotation depends on procs and forgot how much hit you needed for soft cap. Long time ago that I played dw frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraud
    best is to go with a 2.60 nice starter is the 1h mace from toc 5 man IF it drops off course
    in PoS hero drops a 1h mace 2.60.
    rotation depends on procs and forgot how much hit you needed for soft cap. Long time ago that I played dw frost.
    Where to get a new weapon is not a problem I'm gonna have to deal with.

Also thanks for the replys I looked at the EJ thread and it helped alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

I found the axe's that dropped off Anub in ToC were awsome for my DW build. Just remember its a priority system with DW, your waiting for Rime and KM procs to get the HB out there. Its a fun spec when played right. If you were a rogue before DK's or ever leveled a rogue you get the system down quickly.

Hit cap is 263; expertise cap is 26; put razorice on your stronger weapon for the 2% more damage, fallen crusader on your other; SLOW WEAPONS ARE KEY TO DW; [Of course] spec Threat of Thassarian; Armor Penetration is pretty high on stat priority for Frost, just like Blood, because of the many Obliterates. It's 100% physical damage, so the extra armor pen = bigger Obliterates; Good 1h's so far out of ICC are 10 Gunship, 25 Saurfang, 10 Festergut, or a Hilt for Cunning of the Shadows.
    Don't know much else to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!