Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Putricide Help(10m)

My guild has been stuck on putricide for a while now. I've been going over our WoL trying to figure out what is going on in particular. After comparing to other 10 man kills of putricide I find that our Mutated Transformation has been #1 damage taken each time vs other raid groups taking MUCH MUCH less damage from that ability.

I thought perhaps nature resist totem / aspect, but was skeptical and looked at another guild on my own server's kill for him, then asked them if they did use it and the answer was no.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=6503&e=6748 - my guild's closest kill attempt

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=3806&e=4110 - random putricide kill I grabbed for comparison

Could it be purely phase 1 and phase 2 lasting far too long? I'd like some opinions here.

Re: Putricide Help(10m)

Your DPS is stupidly low, no offence... go back to ToC and gear up more. Everyone should be doing 6-8k DPS, not 2-4k. Damage from mutated transformation is pretty easy to avoid.. dont stand near the abomination.

I read that it has a 5000yrd radius, and never thought twice about it. Is it that it always does damage, but is more the closer you are to it?

The damage is constant and will hit you regardless of distance.

Try to provide more information to where your problem lies? Do you wipe in P2? From slimes or random deaths? Does he go berserk? Are you using 2 or 3 healers? Are you going oom? Is the MT dying all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Why do ppl thing that dodge isnt good in ICC? i mean if u have alot 25 bananas and 25 oranges and someone steals u 20 bananas, what will u do, buy back some bananas or buy more oranges?

15+ Year Old Account

I was about to say that you're probably just spending more time in that phase, blah blah, but then I noticed that you are actually taking more damage per tick:

Yours has an average of 1650 dmg per hit and zero resists; theirs has an average of 656 and nearly half are resists.

I can't figure out why that might be the case -- they might be using a NR buff that isn't shown in WoL?

Your problems are the following:

1) DPS is extremely low. If this isnt a gear issue, you should have a spec/rotation talk with people.

2) People are getting hit by Malleable Goo

3) People are hitting the flask on the ground.

These 3 things cannot happen on this fight. Fix them.

We're running with 2 healers because I'm afraid the lack of dps would have the ooze staying alive far too long and pretty much negating the helpfulness of a third healer anyways. Our closest attempts were both p3 with unfortunate wipes due to the bouncing goo ball (completely our fault, lack of being prepared imo). But most attempts are wipes in phase 2 with me crying for mana as I desperately try to top everyone off and watch as we all get blown to our deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I was about to say that you're probably just spending more time in that phase, blah blah, but then I noticed that you are actually taking more damage per tick:

Yours has an average of 1650 dmg per hit and zero resists; theirs has an average of 656 and nearly half are resists.

I can't figure out why that might be the case -- they might be using a NR buff that isn't shown in WoL?
    They do have a druid Mark of the Wild, that is my only guess really. I can't find totem buffs in WoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Masque
    Your problems are the following:

1) DPS is extremely low. If this isnt a gear issue, you should have a spec/rotation talk with people.

2) People are getting hit by Malleable Goo

3) People are hitting the flask on the ground.

These 3 things cannot happen on this fight. Fix them.
    I've really tried every damn thing I can as a person to help people with their dps. I am at the point where I accept this is what I'm rolling with and understand that everything is just going to be harder as a result. Yeah I'm going to be trying some different positioning and more shrieking on vent this week to try and help with our raid awareness issues.

Could be the hunter using Aspect of the Wild for the 130 NR? My guild had me make sure it was on my bars in case it became necessary to pop in P3. Might be something too look into if you are taking more damage than you can heal? :/
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe
    They do have a druid Mark of the Wild, that is my only guess really. I can't find totem buffs in WoL.
    Yeah, but MotW is so small of a buff that it wouldn't do all that (and I can't even see that they have it on WoL!)...

I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to view the whole log, but even going to full report the log browser will only show me a tiny piece of it. There's got to be some other info we're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning
    Could be the hunter using Aspect of the Wild for the 130 NR? My guild had me make sure it was on my bars in case it became necessary to pop in P3. Might be something too look into if you are taking more damage than you can heal? :/
    I don't think it's aspect in that particular log, because it looks like the hunter has Aspect of the Dragonhawk/Viper up the whole time. But it could very well be the equivalent shaman totem...

Still, might be worth a try if you're struggling with healing.

Granted I am not good at WoL. You have NO resists at all? Aren't you using drums of the wild?(Should provide some resists).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Why do ppl thing that dodge isnt good in ICC? i mean if u have alot 25 bananas and 25 oranges and someone steals u 20 bananas, what will u do, buy back some bananas or buy more oranges?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe
    I've really tried every damn thing I can as a person to help people with their dps. I am at the point where I accept this is what I'm rolling with and understand that everything is just going to be harder as a result. Yeah I'm going to be trying some different positioning and more shrieking on vent this week to try and help with our raid awareness issues.
    I've heard a good strat for low dps (or lots of melee dps) is to stack (except 3 ranged/healers) on the green ooze spawn area for the entire fight (at least, p1-2). When it shows up, you've got a few seconds before it picks a target that you can use to start blowing it up. When it picks a target, everybody in melee range will get knocked back together (not too much damage since it's split), then they can finish it off as soon as it reacquires.

When the gas cloud spawns, stay in the same location and have the kiter move it around close to the raid. For beakers, while the dps is on the ooze/gas, the tank just moves back into the corner, waits for him to drop the bombs, and then moves back to the original tank location.

That way, you minimize movement during the fight, giving you maximum time on Putricide between spawns. My guild has had some success with this strat on 25-mans, where some of our dps is a bit lacking.

As from the log i can tell you that your raid aint using any +13% spelldmg debuff on the boss.

I've heard a good strat for low dps (or lots of melee dps) is to stack (except 3 ranged/healers) on the green ooze spawn area for the entire fight (at least, p1-2). When it shows up, you've got a few seconds before it picks a target that you can use to start blowing it up. When it picks a target, everybody in melee range will get knocked back together (not too much damage since it's split), then they can finish it off as soon as it reacquires.

When the gas cloud spawns, stay in the same location and have the kiter move it around close to the raid. For beakers, while the dps is on the ooze/gas, the tank just moves back into the corner, waits for him to drop the bombs, and then moves back to the original tank location.

That way, you minimize movement during the fight, giving you maximum time on Putricide between spawns. My guild has had some success with this strat on 25-mans, where some of our dps is a bit lacking.
    This is whot we did to get the kill in the second week as our survival was proper but we hit the enrage timer(25 man though, but also changed pur 10 man tactic after this worked). If you(op) want I could link our 25 man kill to show the strat.

We've been doing the tanking putricide on the green ooze spawn strat, I appreciate the advice. Due to us being a small 10 man guild us having a nice stacked group just doesn't happen that often. Depends on who is on that night. I'll try out the mini mark of the wild and maybe even go so far as to make some of those flask of lesser resistance with our remaining attempts this week. I still really want to figure out what the disparity in damage taken is from though, I do not believe it is a shaman totem either. I compared a 10 man putricide kill (7 minutes) from my own server so I could ask, and we took huge amounts more damage than they did in an even shorter amount of time. But they did not use any totem / hunter resists. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked
    As from the log i can tell you that your raid aint using any +13% spelldmg debuff on the boss.
    except the 20 curse of elements cast by torgu

could be wrong here but is the ooze/gas clouds slowed all the time? compairing the two logs, your longest fight was 4:05 long and their kill took 5:03 your abomination had 7 ticks, and their abomination had 15. so some more practice with the abomination would probably pay of.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by friggo
    except the 20 curse of elements cast by torgu

could be wrong here but is the ooze/gas clouds slowed all the time? compairing the two logs, your longest fight was 4:05 long and their kill took 5:03 your abomination had 7 ticks, and their abomination had 15. so some more practice with the abomination would probably pay of.
    I'm not too sure about the logistics of the abominations personally, but I assume there is always room to improve. He's been slowing the gas cloud exclusively, I don't know if there is a point where he gets enough energy to cast it on the green ooze too, if that is even worth it? I assume he's pretty good at catching the gas clouds, at least on our closer-to-kill-than-normal attempts people aren't getting blown up at least, and they definitely move faster than normal runspeed.

From what ive seen, all off the putricide damage are both Nature/Shadow, so, like any other dual-elements damage, the lowest of the two resists was used.

You have Shadow Resist Aura but your never had any sources of nature resist.

- Drums of the Wild (you have no excuses not to :P)
    - Your Shaman or Hunter shouldve cast Nature Resist...

From the spell list in your log:

- Hunter: Aspect of the Dragonhawk, Aspect of the Viper
    - Shaman: Healing Stream, Mana Spring, Stoneskin, Tremor, Wrath of Air, Flametongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Looks like we've pretty much covered everything to be said about this topic for the time being, thank you guys. I'll revisit this after our next attempts this week and maybe we can find the answer to the extra abom damage specifically. resist totem / mark of the wild / maybe flask of resistance will be used.