Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo/Hero Type instances

I was thinking, our characters are supposed to be powerful and respected heroes by now, so what if in cataclysm or a future x-pac blizzard releases some instances that you solo, these would drop epics and stuff and would require alot of strategy and thought on how to get through it, when you go into the instance you are granted a certian buff giving you a couple new abilities depending on your class (Say you're a hunter, you are granted 500% more stamina/agility/haste, a new ability to heal your pet with like an instant heal, a new powerful trap and such you only get while in the instance. A warrior would be granted 500% more stamina/strength, 50% parry, and 35% Dodge, a healing shout to heal damage you take and such. So basically it gives you abilities where you can put up a fight againest the boss and enemies) Basically all the stats you are given basically makes you at the same power your group would have if you had no buffs. These would be side instances and would help you get an item with maybe 6-8 ilevel lower than the current 10 man tier on normal and 25 man tier on heroic. Basically it would let you get a fairly decent trinket to have until you get one you need on 25 man and such like that. On heroic mode the bosses would have more abilities and your buff would be maybe 25% less effective. Ther bosses wouldnt be major lore important characters like the Lich King or something, but bosses like the minor raid man bosses (XT, Ignis, Twin Valky'r, Festergut/Rotface type bosses) and 5 man bosses. What do you guys think?

Re: Solo/Hero Type instances

I would rather go for something like the Hunter/Priest weapon quests in Vanilla.

Depending on your class, there would be a couple quests that require you to kill a powerful elite that is balanced around what your class is capable of doing.

With Phasing, it would be possible to eliminate the possibility of Griefing.

I would really like some difficult solo things to do at max lvl that's rewarding, but it's really hard to balance because it's much easier to solo something as a Prot Paladin than it is as a Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account

i dont know about solo instances but i definitely think there should be some kind of event or quest chain that can only be solo'd and is tailored for your particular class. like someone said, this could be more of a possibility as they incorporate more phasing. also someone brought up how its easier for a prot paladin to solo than a rogue, each event or quest or whatever should be tailored for a specific class. so maybe a rogue one would be to sneak into a building, eliminate x targets, steal x thing or whatever.

tldr: imo there should be challenging class specific quests that can only be solo'd and maybe reward class specific weapons or trinkets or maybe unlock a new ability.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

definitely no to solo instances that are repeatable and drop loot thats worth shit.

Wall of text crits you for over 9000.

OT: No, its a massive MULTI PLAYER RPG.

We aren't powerful and respected heroes. Tirion Fordring and Saurfang the elder are powerful and respected heroes. We are nameless and easily forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergand
    I would rather go for something like the Hunter/Priest weapon quests in Vanilla.

Depending on your class, there would be a couple quests that require you to kill a powerful elite that is balanced around what your class is capable of doing.

With Phasing, it would be possible to eliminate the possibility of Griefing.
    This would be really nice, especially if as with the vanilla quests you refer to they require skill and not just gearlevel, and are started from raid-drops. I couldn't help but respect hunters who managed to get their bow.

Hunter epic bow quest chain in Vanilla require skill/luck/talent/ all the above, if they did something like that I'd be down for it

Quote Originally Posted by XFuzzypeachX
    Wow this post was more annoying then the idiots that post all in caps
    I was thinking that the whole time I read it...

I think quests where u would teleport to some solo dungeon would be good. Lets say, a quest where u can upgrade your class or something i dont know, some Druid after that dungeon would be Arch druid, it wouldnt give much but title and maybe something for your class, along some new spell and couldnt be repeated. Its pretty much like in Lineage 2 if u know what i am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    We aren't powerful and respected heroes. Tirion Fordring and Saurfang the elder are powerful and respected heroes. We are nameless and easily forgotten.
    Quite the contrary, we ARE powerful and respected heroes, and we're quite revered by heroes such as Tirion and Saurfang.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Just to point out, Solo instances would be impossible to balance properly. Classes like DK's and paladins with their respectable self-healing are going to have a much easier time (and completely different strategy) than a mage, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    Just to point out, Solo instances would be impossible to balance properly. Classes like DK's and paladins with their respectable self-healing are going to have a much easier time (and completely different strategy) than a mage, for example.
    Well, considering well gear Prot-Paladins and Death Knights can pretty much solo Heroics now...I think our strategy would be run through then throw down an AOE and laugh.

Deleted

Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game.
    Read that a few times.
    /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Quite the contrary, we ARE powerful and respected heroes, and we're quite revered by heroes such as Tirion and Saurfang.
    true, you have to follow the storyline like it was your group all along killing all the bad guys, we are like gods on azeroth =D
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    true, you have to follow the storyline like it was your group all along killing all the bad guys, we are like gods on azeroth =D
    If if you JUST counted the quest you did, you'd be pretty badass.

Hell, just look at your kills. Anyone who kills 50,000 monsters is going to be a hero.

Well I just checked wowwiki and the page about me seems to be missing, I guess we aren't that important after all.

I just wonder, coz when u buy wotlk, there u have that small manual of some sort and its written there, that heroes of azeroth defeated illidan and Kil'jeaden. Will it be ever clarified that horde or alliance defeated them ? :>

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game.
    Read that a few times.
    /thread.
    That would be a plausible argument if the game didn't allow you to do a shit ton of things solo as it is.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aegwynn&cn=Zerate