Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Solo/Hero Type instances

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Well I just checked wowwiki and the page about me seems to be missing, I guess we aren't that important after all.
    *facepalm*

First off, you can MAKE Character pages if you really want to. Second, you're a dumbass.

My character in Oblivion and Fallout are most certainly heroes, and those in game treat me as such. In fact, I couldn't be MORE of a hero. Yet if I check their Wikia, it names them as faceless heroes...are you getting the concept?

*sigh* I suppose you're not.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by zerate
    That would be a plausible argument if the game didn't allow you to do a shit ton of things solo as it is.
    That would be a plausible argument if the game didn't constantly encourage people to group up other than "Kill X Y" quests.
    'cause really, I see no point in the actual gameplay other than getting better gear. (Note very carefully how I say gameplay)

Those are single player games, there is plenty of room for one hero. The wow universe doen't have room for several million heroes, not even close to enough.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fergand
    I would rather go for something like the Hunter/Priest weapon quests in Vanilla.

Depending on your class, there would be a couple quests that require you to kill a powerful elite that is balanced around what your class is capable of doing.

With Phasing, it would be possible to eliminate the possibility of Griefing.
    More class quests, please.

Thank you, that is all.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Those are single player games, there is plenty of room for one hero. The wow universe doen't have room for several million heroes, not even close to enough.
    Yeah, but the Wikia doesn't say my Character's name. So he didn't exist.

The entire point of this...no, EVERY Roleplaying game where you create your character is that it's different for you than it is for someone else. It's not a very hard concept to grasp.

I walk into Dalaran, the Mages greet me. I walk onto the Argent Vanguard, they greet me as a hero. When I walk into Cenarion Circle and Expedition holds, they salute and greet me. When I defeated the Duskbringer, Bolvar greeted me as an old friend because I helped defeat Onyxia. The 7th Legion at Wintergarde talk about the Scarab Lord (who is a player, mind you) and legions of heroes blessed by A'dal (who are also players) coming to aid.

The world recognizes me as a hero, and the only reason the Wikia doesn't is because it's different for someone else.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I guess I have to give in here, most of us are nameless but your character is as much of a hero as you make it.

I'm still ignoring the solo quest stuff as a valid reason for anyone being a hero though.

I like the ideas of one time quests that bring you into a solo instance and get you your new abilities instead of buying them, and the quests would be fitted to work for your class and such.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    I like the ideas of one time quests that bring you into a solo instance and get you your new abilities instead of buying them, and the quests would be fitted to work for your class and such.
    That sounds good, spells as rewards.

Also i think the whole concept of soloing is a little off, however creating class spesific quests with phasing where you do something with NPC is something else. In those quests youre the 3-4 times stronger than an avarage soldier guy who tags along and helps in a larger battle :P
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

What about healers? I don't think this is a bad idea, but i could see a lot of glitches and bugs coming from it. Considering it doesn't advance any story lines and WoW is a MMORPG Massively Multiplayer online role playing game. It'd be a waste of time considering blizz could be working on other things.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

It's too hard to have solo player instances and keep it balanced for all classes. In best case they would have to make them for Tanking, DPS, and Healers each time they wanted to do this. I think it would be fun but not very practical.