Keybinding through Stances (using Bartender4)

I'm fairly new to PvPing on my warrior and as a result i've pretty much got to do all the keybindings from scratch. Using bartender i'm currently using a setup of Action bars 1-3 for Battle Stance, 4-6 for Defensive etc. This is viable using the hide in certain stances option, i.e. in battle stance, 4-9 are hidden and only shown in their respective stance.

The only problem comes when i'm keybinding, e.g. I use 1-4 For charge etc in Battle Stance, and then when I want to use the same key in another stance, for say Intercept. Any rebinding of the key removes the previously set keybind. I could just be being stupid but is there any obvious way around this? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Keybinding through Stances (using Bartender4)

Here is your solution
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../bind-pad.aspx

Once you've made your binds you need to relog for them to take effect.

Someone said that wouldn't solve the problem as binding "1" to multiple spells is likely to encounter the same problem? This could be completely wrong as i've not yet tried it, thanks for the input.

Deleted

Use the "State Configuration" option of your bars 1-4 in bartender to page them to whatever bar you want.

I tried playing around with that but I wont lie, the state configuration section confused me and I couldn't really find anything that explained it well. If anyone knows how to use it please give me a heads up.

Deleted

State Configuration - Explanation
    Enabled
    Master toggle for this page. If it is disabled, state paging is disabled.

Auto-Assist
    If you cast a spell from this bar and your current target is not a valid target for it, cast at targettarget instead.
    Ex.: You target the boss and cast a healing spell. The boss is not a valid target, so the unit targeted by the boss (should be your tank) is healed instead.

Possess Bar
    If this is toggled on, this bar changes to show your possess target's abilities (Mind control, Bites on Blood-queen Lana'thel, etc.)

ActionBar Paging
    Whether or not this bar is affected by the blizzard paging keybinds (Shift+1-6 by default)

Default bar state
    This is the default page of this bar.

Stance pagings
    This is where your options lie. Simply select a different page for each bar and each stance, and BT will page to that action bar while you are in the selected stance.

Modified Based Switching
    Whether you want this bar to page while a certain modifier is held down.

Custom conditionals
    You can use this to page macro-like. If you are not experienced with writing macros, just skip it.

Notes
    If you select "Don't page", the bar uses its number by default.

State configuration can be confusing. Let's start small. Let's say you have 1 bar (12 buttons), let's say it's Bar1. Also - let's say it's battle stance.

Put your actions (charge, MS, etc.) on it, assign key bindings to them (on Bar1).

Now go to Bar1 configuration and enable state configuration on it. Select there, that for berserker stance you want to use Bar2 (select Bar from dropdown under "Berserker Stance").

Now switching stances will change that one bar (Bar1) to switch button options between battle and berserker stance buttons. Binding are still applied to Bar1 only, but when you go Berserker St. (thus, filling Bar1 with buttons from Bar2) same key bindings will apply.

Side note: you don't really want Bar2 to be "Enabled" in bartender in this case - you don't want it displayed unless as replacement for Bar1 when you go Berserker Stance (which will happen automatically now).

Give it a shot on simple example I've given to you here, you'll prolly figure out the rest.

Also - if you want multiple bars switch on stance change make that Bar1->Bar2 (Bar2 display disabled) and Bar3->Bar4 (Bar4 display disabled).

If you have a rogue or druid alt, remember that this will cause you a headache. :P Unless you will use separate profiles for each character.

As Bars 1-3 Are battle stance, and 4-6 are berserker; I tried enabling state configuration for bar one, and paging it to "Page 4" (I assume this is Bar 4) and then disabling it as you said it should activate as I switch stances. When I change the bar is no longer visible - If I check enable the bar shows again on berserker stance but minus the keybindings to the action bar. Any ideas?

Deleted

You disable "Bar 4", set Bar1 to page to 4 in berserker stance, and make sure that Bar 1 is set to be shown!
    From your OP, I assume you set it to not show in anything except battle stance.

Awesome, worked perfectly after some tweaking. Thanks a lot for your help guys.

15+ Year Old Account

<3 treeston, ty for the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa
    Here is your solution
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../bind-pad.aspx

Once you've made your binds you need to relog for them to take effect.
    BindPad is win.
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg
    <3 treeston, ty for the explanation
    You're welcome.