Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many professions have you had on your main?

Like most of us, I've switched around professions several times on my main character.

My first combination of professions on my Warlock was Skinning + Leatherworking. I didn't know what I was doing when I first started playing, so I just grabbed those.

Once I hit 70, I grabbed Jewelcrafting in place of Leatherworking and Alchemy in place of Skinning.

Throughout 70, I dropped max Alchemy for Herbalism (Which I maxed out), then dropped for Mining (Maxed).

Once WoTLK went live, I dropped Mining for Inscriptioning (Maxed), and, just recently, dropped it and grabbed tailoring.

So..in short...

Warlock: 375 Skinning + 375 Leatherworking > 375 Jewelcrafting + 375 Alchemy > 375 Jewelcrafting + 375 Herbalism > 375 Jewelcrafting + 375 Mining > 450 Jewelcrafting + 450 Inscriptioning > 450 Jewelcrafting + 425 Tailoring.

How about you all out there? Any of you swap around professions as much as me? lol
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

15+ Year Old Account

Re: How many professions have you had on your main?

I'll count the one who's been my main longest, my priest.
    I've had Tailoring ever since Vanilla, and 2nd slot as following: Herbalism(Full)>Mining(Full)>Herbalism(Full)>Enchanting(~225)>Inscription(Full).

I've had 3 mains. All of them are engi. Hunter and rogue LW, warlock tailor... I know it's cliché, but I'm french so it doesn't matter :O

I grinded 9 maxed profs I think in total, in BC and WotLK.

My priest from vanilla: Herbalism+Mining to 300 -> drop mining for Alchemy 300 -> Drop Herbalism for Tailoring to 300 nearing tbc dropping alchemy for enchanting to 300 before tbc release, since then have had the same.

My shaman: Herbalism to 465 (since he is a tauren) and alchemy to about 200 in vanilla then dropped that, only have herbalism as profession during tbc untill Inscription was released so 450 in that now also.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

On my hunter

BC Leveled Skinning and Mining

Dropped Mining for Leatherworking
    Dropped Skinning for Enchanting
    Dropped Leatherworking for Engineering
    Got bored of Engineering, dropped it for Herbalism
    Dropped Herbalism for Tailoring
    Dropped Tailoring for Mining
    Dropped Mining for Engineering (again)

Wrath comes out

Dropped Enchanting for Mining
    Dropped Engineering for Enchanting
    Dropped Mining for Herbalism
    Dropped Herbalism for Alchemy
    Dropped Alchemy for Inscription
    Dropped Inscription for Jewelcrafting
    Dropped Jewelcrafting for Herbalism
    Dropped Herbalism for Tailoring
    Dropped Tailoring for Jewelcrafting

Jewelcrafting and Enchanting I'll keep til Cataclysm. Figure out what I will do when that hits, since leveling JC when it hits will be a pain without a miner. Just thinking about the amount of gold I have spent power leveling professions, and the time wasted leveling gathering professions, hurts. May have mixed up the order a bit.. but you get the point.

So I've had every single profession on my Hunter with the exception of Blacksmithing.

/stroke

had enchanting for as long as the character has been around. Had mining originaly, swapped to alchemy for the potion trinket in bc (was a healer). Than after maxing it out on wotlk i swapped it for JC.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

mining skinning
    Skinning herbalist
    skinning mining
    mining blacksmith
    blacksmith tailor
    tailor enchanter
    enchanter mining and sticking with them both at 450

I was never to certain about anything
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Uhhhhhhhhh

iunno

Mining Engineering --------->

uhhh
    iunno...

Have Alchemy/Engineering now

I know I was JC at some point during LK...Horribad memory happens when you smoke too much shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

I've been mining/JC for ages, but recently dropped mining and picked up alchemy.

That's it.

Skinning/Leatherworking - Warlock (lol)
    Tailoring/Enchanting - Warlock

Alchemy/Herbalism - Shaman

Herbalism/Skinning - Hunter.

BS and Mining on my pally
    then JC and BS at 80

so 3

I've done every profession on my main besides blacksmithing and engineering. I've not maxxed them all, I've only maxxed skinning, mining, and jewelcrafting.

Deleted

First skinning cause my mate said those leather prices went high (only Arctic fur). Then I changed skinning to alchemy. Changed Alchemy to Enchanting. Will keep it that way. Tailoring and enchanting is nice combo for lock.

15+ Year Old Account

Picked up Tailoring/Enchanting on my Warlock when I made it almost 4 years ago. Dropped Enchanting at the start of TBC for Herbalism and not touched it since.

Tailoring and Enchanting when i started playing.

To this day, i am still a Tailor and Enchanter, with 97% of all patterns in the game for both.

Must. Get. last 3%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

My first chara -> Priest, herb/alch, then ench/alch, then herb/alch, then herb/insc, and now herb alch
    On my 2nd chara -> Mage, ench/tailoring. Never changing those

was eng/mining when i was a noobie because irl im am engineer.

i spent loads on it because ofc eng is a huge money sink (bare in mind this was my 1st char basically and i had almost everything even things like the Mechanical Toad)

when they made eng next to useless at TBC launch and nerfed everything i enjoyed and actually used (like the Cloaking Device) i did some reading and switched to tailor/ench vowing never to change again.

i haven't and i won't.

character is a priest.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

I had Alchemy and Herbalism until May 2009.
    Then I decided to et 100 mounts so I took Tailoring and Engineering instead.

Now when I have 100 mounts so will I change back to Herb and Alchemy asap!

Deleted

My warrior started with mining/BS, abandoned BS, took up enchanting, abandoned enchanting, took up JC, abandoned JC, took up BS again, abandoned BS again and settled for mining/herbalism.

My pally had mining/JC, abandoned mining, took up enchanting.

My DK had mining/BS, abandoned mining, took up JC.

I've never changed the professions of my other chars.

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else think the server should remember where you left off if you drop a profession and then picked it back up again??