2v2 combo help please

hey me and my IRL friend LOVE pvp and we wanted to start 2v2s and 3s later on. he has a priest he wants to play and i have either a DK, rogue, or warlock to play. which would be best partner for 2s with a priest, what spec for my toon and any good strats would be greatly appreciated :]

Re: 2v2 combo help please

Rogue, spec mut.

Get a mage, run RMP.

anyone else i could really use the advice b4 the new season starts

Rogues for sure. DKs are not very good at the moment, but lock is also a decent choice if you'd prefer.

rogue or warlock!

Priests can work with a lot of comps, but if you want the, not meaning any offense to the people who play the comp, least time consuming comp to play, you should run Priest/Rogue and Priest/Rogue/Mage. RMP is a tough comp to play at the higher ratings, but when played right it's easy to get to at least 2k.

The rogue should run Envenom for for 2v2 and Mutilate for 3v3 from what I've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    Priests can work with a lot of comps, but if you want the, not meaning any offense to the people who play the comp, least time consuming comp to play, you should run Priest/Rogue and Priest/Rogue/Mage. RMP is a tough comp to play at the higher ratings, but when played right it's easy to get to at least 2k.

The rogue should run Envenom for for 2v2 and Mutilate for 3v3 from what I've heard.
    Envenom and mutilate are the same spec lal, since you use mutilate > envenom. Anyways, in the current state its envenom spec way to go in any bracket.

And yes for using your rogue since out all of your chars rogue has most strong setup possibilities. (RMP and RP both work great)

disc/rogue/feral is also a 3s option ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Lythox
    Envenom and mutilate are the same spec lal, since you use mutilate > envenom. Anyways, in the current state its envenom spec way to go in any bracket.

And yes for using your rogue since out all of your chars rogue has most strong setup possibilities. (RMP and RP both work great)
    I think what he was getting at was the "originial" mutilate spec without the envenoms. Meaning imp. evisc and only 41 points into assassination with the extra points dumped into 5/5 Dual Wield Specialization from Master Poisoner.

On topic though, I'd really encourage you to go RMP with the Envenom Mutilate spec. It comes in handy when vsing teams that counter / lock out your mage. (ex. teams with really good Hunters.) The damage output is just ridiculous with envenom and it will be needed when your mage will not be able to pump out the pressure for this combo to work.

For 2v2 I'd also highly recommend you running Priest / Envenom rogue. Its just ridiculous how easy that combo is. However UA Lock/ Priest is known to be a potentially good combo as well.

Hope this helps.

Disc rogue is definitely the most ideal 2v2 comp, both fun and dynamic. Both priest and rogue have to learn how to play offensive and defensive. I've also been thinking this resilience buff will be great for disc rogue, since rogues have been the main squishy class in arenas, might finally give rogues a bit of tankability.

agreeing with the above posts, envenom is the cookie cutter rogue spec for pvp, but as phish said 41/5/25 is still viable, ive seen some amazing combat rogues/disc combos. What people forget sometimes is combat has the suprise factor, you think youre kiting a rogue and he stuns you and killing sprees you alone, thats something that you may not be able to recover from.

the one thing about rogues, is vanish can be very fustrating, a failed vanish can cause you to lose an arena. ive been playing rogue for 4 years since pre bc and always pvped on it. i can say with certainty, this is the most fustrating time ive ever had playing a rogue. I have been playing a lot of double dps 2v2s, and failed vanishes make me want to tear my eyes out.

EDIT: You may also want to watch some pvp videos on those comps to see which playstyle you like

You definitely want to run envenom in both brackets. The pressure against anything with high armor is just so much higher. Envenom and decent pve gear allows your rogue to actually put out some 1n1 pressure (we often do that against shaman teams: I solo the shaman with mage/priest helping to finish him and they 2v2)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

priest/afflic lock for 2s is sweet. Once you have the gear no one will ever die and the double mana burns are win win!!

Disc/ Envenom is the way to go, rogues and priests just have so much synergy is unbelievable at times.

Not that much anymore, since the blind/fear nerf
    however I do agree with you, Rg/priest is still a strong comp.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!