Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arms warrior rotation issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Execute damage is completely independant of a weapon's damage. You could swing a lvl 1 dagger with the same stats as your JB or DBB and execute for the same amount.
    Not entirely true.

You'd lose 300+ Attack Power, which IS a factor in execute damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Execute damage is completely independant of a weapon's damage. You could swing a lvl 1 dagger with the same stats as your JB or DBB and execute for the same amount.
    ;D I had thought of that ...
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

;D I had thought of that ...
    Reading :: 1
    Sproquette :: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by noobphobia
    I keep up commanding generally, our other warrior keeps up sunders.

I think adding HS to my rotation will increase my dps, before I wasn't even keeping it on my bar.

Also, am I correct in waiting to use overpower? Some people say use your procs like wack a mole....but I've read a few places that you should wait till it's got 3 or 4 seconds left on the proc to use it, because by that time the next tick of rend will proc another one.
    Your DPS sounds absolutely fine. I didn't take a look at your armory or anything, but if you are pulling 8k, you might wana look at the Incite spec that is somewhat popular now. I was skeptical about it, but specing for 15% crit on heroic strike with HS glyph, stacked on top of the already high crit % of arms is actually fairly effective. On normal fights just try to throw HS's in with your Rends and overpowers. And on high dmg fights with lots of rage inc, it's even better. This spec is pretty much for top end raiders because it's fairly gear dependant, but it can help you squeeze out that extra dps.

And about overpower, i agree. it can only proc every so many seconds off rends so there isn't much of a point to rush to use the skill if you are pushing back your Mortal strike cooldown. The second overpower should proc at the same time regardless of if you used the first overpower before or after a Mortal strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixreborn
    Your DPS sounds absolutely fine. I didn't take a look at your armory or anything, but if you are pulling 8k, you might wana look at the Incite spec that is somewhat popular now. I was skeptical about it, but specing for 15% crit on heroic strike with HS glyph, stacked on top of the already high crit % of arms is actually fairly effective. On normal fights just try to throw HS's in with your Rends and overpowers. And on high dmg fights with lots of rage inc, it's even better. This spec is pretty much for top end raiders because it's fairly gear dependant, but it can help you squeeze out that extra dps.

And about overpower, i agree. it can only proc every so many seconds off rends so there isn't much of a point to rush to use the skill if you are pushing back your Mortal strike cooldown. The second overpower should proc at the same time regardless of if you used the first overpower before or after a Mortal strike.
    Even with the Incite spec, Arms warrior glyph Rend, MS, and Execute...they are all heads and shoulders above the rest for a single target fight. For fights such as Heroic Anub or Heroic Twins, one can switch for the glyph of Bladesotrm and cleave. but the staple is and has been all Wrath ...Rend, MS, Execute.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

I'm using BS glyph

Spreadsheet shows it as a dps loss to use execute now. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by noobphobia
    I'm using BS glyph

Spreadsheet shows it as a dps loss to use execute now. Could be wrong though.
    This is one of those situations where simply looking at the spreadsheet might not be the best idea and its best to do a little thought prefight. Essentially its gonna depend on how long your guild takes to kill your target.

For example lets say your boss fight lasts:

5 minutes. That means that without the glyph you could get 300sec / 90 = 3.3333 or 3 Bladestorms in. With the glyph you could get 4 bladestorms in. So, glyph of Bladestorm netted you one additional Bladestorm in this case.

6 minutes. That means without the glyph you could get 360 sec/ 90 = 4 Bladestorms in. With the glyph you would get 360 / 75 = 4.8 so 4 bladestorms in. The glyph didn't help you at all on this fight if you were perfect on your bladestorm CD usage.

Now I'm not saying the glyph of Bladesorm is a crap glyph...in fact on fights with multiple add phases which are about a minute apart BS glyph would mop up the competition. However, when talking about your typical single target dps fight, gains from BS glyph are completely depended on your raids dps (ie. kill time). In any case, glyphs are now basically consumables. You'll be switching them out per fight at times, and you should have them stocked up like pots and flasks.

go spec fury and all your problems will go away