Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: What's your favourite band/artist? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Why are 95% of gamers into trance / hardcore / metal stuff ?

Is there anyone out there who also likes hip hop? Dead prez..???
    Well, metal and hardcore is "the trend" these days with metalcore and last wave post-hardcore bands. Though neither of these genres is really metal or hardcore punk. Most "true" metalheads actually hate both genres, because they used to be good, but now are all "poppyfied" and no longer sound like they used to.
    Also, metal is big in scandinavia and eastern europe.

Trance and techno also have a massive following in central europe, I personally think it's absolutely awful, but here in Belgium and Holland, people worship it.

There's also the matter where black metal, folk metal and power metal bands often sing about fantasy or mythology, which are things most RPG gamers love. Such lyrical content is extremely rare in hip hop, for example.
    Metal's lyrical content is extremely versatile, it can range from gore, to fantasy, to war, to just flat out crying about your girlfriend.
    It's also extremely versatile in sound, so many people who like heavy rock, can easily find their favorite metal genre.

www.myspace.com/monikajefferies .....i heard shes also playing a warrior somewhere on a eu realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Gloves
    edit: blaqkmagick, how is the new AFI album, not gotten around to buying it yet? Only heard one song and didn't think it came close to their older stuff.
    I think it is amazing. Most people find that it is a bad a first but they find that the more you listen to it, the more you enjoy it. I got into AFI with Decemberunderground, and I think Crash Love is way better than DU.

Tool and A Perfect Circle tied for lead, probably. Serj and System close behind.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I like The Veils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNcqc57DyMk

Besides the fact that they actually have a very original sound, this song not being the best representation of that, their lyrics are interesting and their lead singer, Finn Andrews, has the coolest damn hat ever.

yo, that shit is TIGHT son, nawimean?

Plus, I'm an album kind of guy. I don't mind if only one or two songs are enjoyable to me from select bands but when someone can make an entire album that I like, let alone multiple albums, I tend to have a keen interest in them. The Veils accomplish that. I also really like Coheed and Cambria, Gomez, Bad Company and Coldplay. Just The Veils more so than those.

Quote Originally Posted by Redken
    Lady Gaga is probably my favorite artist of the current music industry. I know most people either love her or hate her, but from an artsy perspective she's very inspiring to me. She really does have talent, too, and she's a decent human being (100% of her concert proceeds in New York and merchandise sold on the day of the concert went to Haiti; $500,000 was raised by her fans I believe).
    This, Lady Gaga is by far my favourite, as well as The Saturdays, Florence and the Machine, and Pixie Lott. I'm into a different type of music compared to 90% of this forum I'm guessing, but I can't stand Metal, only certain songs. :-\

10+ Year Old Account

Brand New. From Long Island. I was really big into the pop punk/indie scene back in 1999 to 2003. Some of my all time favorites are: Brand New, Motion City Soundtrack, Every Time I Die, The Movielife, Taking Back Sunday, Finch, etc, etc

Gloves, you might like these guys.. Or maybe not, but since you seem to like post-rock and post-hardcore, these guys shouldn't be that much of a step up. They're kind of sludgy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0rWiWFRNE

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Redken
    Lady Gaga is probably my favorite artist of the current music industry. I know most people either love her or hate her, but from an artsy perspective she's very inspiring to me. She really does have talent, too, and she's a decent human being (100% of her concert proceeds in New York and merchandise sold on the day of the concert went to Haiti; $500,000 was raised by her fans I believe).

My favorite of all-time however is probably a tie between Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley :T
    Talented my ass, she's single handedly ruining music. Anyway on topic, my favourite bands probably Nirvana or the Foo Fighers, Dave Grohl is just amazing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

Deleted

King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Anathema, Iron Maiden, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Dream Theater, Deep Purple, Opeth among many others... Why? Because they're awesome.

Damn, totally forgot,
    Blaqk Audio.
    The band from which I bare(bear?) my name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaqk_Audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUGDjUvoFsY

They are well worth a listen. The music is so moving.

Hmm.. At the moment, Muse, Breaking Benjamin, Paramore and RHCP are rolling my iTunes!
    But during my life i've heard RHCP and Coldplay the most
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Iron Maiden, because they are Iron Maiden.
    Nothing will ever beat Ullevi -08

T.M Revolution, cause Takanori is teh sex.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

If you couldn't already tell, I have a fixation with Norma Jean. They just stick out to me compared to any other mainstream Metalcore band.

"Patterns of grace and mercy", is what their name means, aside from being part of Marilyn Monroe's real name. It's good music. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Gloves, you might like these guys.. Or maybe not, but since you seem to like post-rock and post-hardcore, these guys shouldn't be that much of a step up. They're kind of sludgy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0rWiWFRNE
    Thanks a lot for that, really enjoying it. Got me wanting to listen to the early Katatonia/Opeth stuff, thanks.
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

Quote Originally Posted by IrishAdam
    Talented my ass, she's single handedly ruining music. Anyway on topic, my favourite bands probably Nirvana or the Foo Fighers, Dave Grohl is just amazing.
    While I don't hold the same view of Dave Grohl as you do(Nirvana was amazing. I like the Foo Fighters but they just seem lackluster compared to others), I do agree that Lady Gaga is just awful.

Deleted

In Flames we trust

Quote Originally Posted by Tutanen
    In Flames we trust
    For 3 albums.

something around this kind of music..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O1MNNavhn8
    also MGMT for example.