Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: What's your favourite band/artist? Why?

it depends from day to day: Killswitch Engage and few old gods (GnR, Mirvana, AC DC) never miss in my nokia anyway :P

I'll have to go with a tie between Deathcab for Cutie and In Flames.
    The first one is great for relaxing and/or a little melancholy and In Flames gets me going, also they have some great songs for fights like Festergut, where the olny thing I have to do, is kick ass and chew gum. (I usually have gum)

I remember I used to listen to a lot of EMB like Psyclon Nine, :wumpscut:, Front Line Assembly etc. Does anyone else listen to stuff like this? Or have any recommendations?
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

10+ Year Old Account

Coldplay.
    Hey everyone

Radiohead... Jonny Greenwood iz a legend!

Deleted

Omg.. TOUGHEST QUESTION, EVER!

Seriously, my music and artist taste jump back and forth, last week I heard ALOT of Zebrahead's album Pheonix, now I listen to nothing but amateur DnB..

Hmm.. THIS CALLS FOR A SHOPPING TOUR FOR MORE MUSIC!

At the moment has to be Avenged Sevenfold. Gutted when I heard the drummer had died . Saw them at Sonisphere in '09 and they were brilliant live. But of all time has to be Iron Maiden, going to Sonisphere this year to see them. Fear of the Dark live pl0x!

Smashing Pumpkins - The sound and the lyrics are so.. bittersweet!

For me, its a whole bunch of things. Generally when I'm raiding, I like to listen to All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, and a bunch of Metalcore. My favorite band of all time has to be Rush. Absolutely amazing musicians on all 3 instruments, and Geddy Lee's vocals are amazing. Also a big fan of Dream Theater and Metalica.

Hm, there are lots of bands out there I'm mainly listening to, here's a "short" overview:
    http://www.metal-archives.com/userco...kname=Novanter

Atm, its mainly Varg and Windir.
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

As my name says, i listen mostly to 80s Thrash Metal like Metallica (83-89/90), Exodus, Kreator, Testament, Vio-Lence, Forbidden etc. and late 80s/early 90s Old-School Death Metal like Death, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Malevolent Creation, Monstrosity etc.
    Some never music i listen to is powermetal bands like Dragonland, Hammerfall, Rhapsody etc and Melodic Death Metal bands like Norther (early) In Flames (92-2000), Kalmah, Mors Princioium Est etc.

Why? Because what I like to do best besides raiding with my guild, is to just Crank the volume up on the speakers, drink great amounts of beer, and bang your fucking head!
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDye
    King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Anathema, Iron Maiden, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Dream Theater, Deep Purple, Opeth among many others... Why? Because they're awesome.
    You know, I wondered if your name might have come from Space-Dye Vest. I guess it did.
    As for me, well... I think Isis is probably my favorite band. I can listen to their music for hours on end.. but I don't really like to say any one artist is my favorite.
    Aside from that, I guess you can tell from my last.fm page what I love to listen to.

My favourite band must be Sum 41 they are completely awesome.

The best song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMX2lPum_pg&feature=fvst!

Above and Beyond, Lady GaGa, Interpol/bits of Radiohead or Florence and the Machine. Cause I can. D; <3

Led Zeppelin => win
    After them it's Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who etc.

At the moment it has to be Rise Against.. Went to see them in Copenhagen and it was everything i hoped for, simply awesome.

The Dirt Whispered

Breaking Benjamin. I liked some songs, then i downloaded whole discography. Now i mainly listen Disturbed.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Isis. They're just... amazing. The only thing that turns me off a little is that every album is different. My favorites would have to be a tie between Oceanic and Panopticon.

(Oceanic)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qz8e7pgy_Y

(Panopticon)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awg99tk6vys

1- Queen
    2- Nirvana

My favourite band used to change from time to time. Then, from the point I discovered those two bands, I just wondered why didn't I got to know them before. Oh, the years I lived without that awesome music...

Then, other bands I like, by no special order (although some I like more than others, but won't bother with it): Van Halen, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Iron Maiden, Metallica, The Scorpions

Going to have to say Pendulum. Recently heard them from a friend and love them. Their songs in 'Hold Your Color' don't have much lyrics, but I love the drums & bass.
    Other than that I would have to say Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed and System of a Down.