Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: What's your favourite band/artist? Why?

A lot of Incubus. I Just love them so much! Brandon is such an amazing Vocalist/song writer! Then maybe throw a little Red Hot Chilli Peppers in there cause their awesome too, and we have a perfect day..maybe a little perfect circle here and there as well.

I would have to say Disturbed. The reason being i have loved every one of their albums they have released. I first listened to their first album, 'Down with the Sickness' about 10 and was hooked. The mix of excellent guitar and drums, but what really does it for me is the vocals of one David Draiman, <3.

In Flames.

I listen to a LOT of music and my taste varies from day to day and I've NEVER had a band that I could listen to without losing interest after a week of unstoppable mega-spamming them. I've never really lost interest in their music ever since I found them back in 2002 or something, no other band could do that for me nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Somertonz
    I would have to say Disturbed. The reason being i have loved every one of their albums they have released. I first listened to their first album, 'Down with the Sickness' about 10 and was hooked. The mix of excellent guitar and drums, but what really does it for me is the vocals of one David Draiman, <3.
    I really liked Disturbed in my early teens (sort of moved on from then) but his voice and "Oooh-A-A-A-A-A!" whilst awesome started to feel gimmicky by the time I got to listening to Ten Thousand Fists. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by HolyShizNit
    A lot of Incubus. I Just love them so much! Brandon is such an amazing Vocalist/song writer! Then maybe throw a little Red Hot Chilli Peppers in there cause their awesome too, and we have a perfect day..maybe a little perfect circle here and there as well.
    Whenever I listen to Incubus I'm reminded of raiding MC with my friend at his house and, to a lesser extent, levelling in Zangarmarsh (when I finally got hold of a couple of their albums).

As for my favourite band/artist I'm pretty sure I'm torn between Test Icicles, Death From Above 1979 and The XX because currently I have nothing in my collection that compares to any of them (unfortunately the first two split after producing one album and an EP ).

Hard to chose just one. =)
    Music is a big part of my life, and I listen to everything.
    This was not the intention of this topic, but I'll have to make a list of my favour bands instead

* Disturbed
    * System of a Down
    * Soil
    * Paramore
    * Avril Lavigne (The old songs, fuck the new album and style)
    * FlyLeaf
    * Seether
    * InFlames
    * Trivium
    * Pain
    * Soilwork
    * Static-X
    * Eminiem (The songs which means smth, 8mile, toy soldiers, When I'm gone. and those kind)
    * POD
    * Linkin Park
    * Johnny Logan
    * Nightwish (With the old singer + Bye Bye Beautiful)

Thats just a small list, and as I started out, I can't chose just one band, sometimes I listen alot to one of them, another time to another. All depends on the mood I'm in really
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

My favorite at the moment is Lady Gaga. She is pretty much amazing, and I'm a huge fan of her music. All time, I dunno... I have quite a few favorites.

15+ Year Old Account

Allright, I'm going to elaborate a bit (like i always do with thing I'm really into)...
    My favorite band of all time, is, without the shadow of a doubt, Iron Maiden. There's a heap of other amazing recording artists out there, which I've enjoyed immensely for periods of time, some more than other, but for about 10 years now (which is more than half of my life) Iron Maiden has remained my only constant.
    First off, they have an incredible amount of material, most of which is absolutely amazing. In a 35 year career, they've put out 14 studio albums, of which I consider at least 5 to be essential metal classics, and all except 4 to be really good. The point is, with so much material, you can listen to them for hours on end without having to listen to the same song again.
    Then why are they so good? Well, apart from them obviously all being very talented musicians (and in Steve Harris' case, songwriter and producer), I think it's partly because they've always known where they wanted to go with their music. Since they've never received any major mainstream attention, there's been no big pressure from record companies to shape their music in a more commercial way. They were able to make several albums to perfect the metal formula without interference, which lead to 3 straight classics in the early 80's. They even managed to incorporate keyboards as an active part of their songs and still sound just as heavy as before on Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.
    Another plus is that their songs for the most part have fairly intelligent and interesting lyrics, something that many other metal bands fail horribly at or just don't care about.
    It's hard to explain, but it feels to me like Iron Maiden has everything. There's nothing lacking in the way they make music. And they're still going strong, after all these years. Saw them live 2 years ago and it was completely amazing. I don't know of any other band that can put on a live show like that at the age of 50.

TL;DR: Iron Maiden, because they are Iron Maiden.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Queens of the Stone Age.
    Songs for the Deaf is just an amazing album.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    Hard to chose just one. =)
    Music is a big part of my life, and I listen to everything.
    This was not the intention of this topic, but I'll have to make a list of my favour bands instead
    I got alot of "favorite" bands/artists. I agree with what Chrus said, and I'll do what he did ;P (That is, list a few of the bands I like)

* Mirrored Theory
    * Pendulum
    * Fort Minor
    * Linkin Park (Mostly the earlier albums)
    * Tribal Ink (Check them out if you like Linkin Park)
    * Zebrahead
    * Union Square
    * Raise Against
    * Serj Tankian (I like his solo album more then the majority of System Of A Down's songs)
    * Bullet For My Valentine
    * Skindred (Whos singer is actually featured in "Take it out on me" By Bullet For My Valentine, that's pretty awesome)
    * Sonic Syndicate
    * All That Remains
    * In Flames
    * Soilwork

They're ordered by "heavy-ness", kinda. Like, In Flames is much heavier than Linkin Park. Hope you get what I mean ;P

I got many bands I like, but there is only 1 Queen ;D

Zeppelin pwns all

Probably velvet revolver too bad they probably wont find a new lead singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure @ Large
    A Day to Remember <- Cuz the mix of Clean Vocals and Screaming has a special place in my heart

Circa Survive and Old Saosin (avec Anthony Green) <- Cuz Anthony Green has the best falsetto i've ever heard. Got time? Listen to "The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is the Dose".
    I totally agree. Old Saosin with green was purely amazing beyond words.

My fav bands are more along post-hardcore/Hardcore tastes

Circa Survive
    A Skylit Drive
    Dance Gavin Dance(New and Old)
    Of Mice & Men
    Emarosa(New and Old)
    Saosin(New and Old)
    Four Year Strong
    Emmure
    The Fall of Troy
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Lower Definition
    We Came as Romans
    Our Last Night
    Life in Your Way
    Saetia
    Enter Shikari

I could go on forever, but those bands are all fucking amazing :x

PS: Johnny Craig and Anthony Green have 2 of the best voices I've ever heard in my life. no homo

Defunct Indies- Pixies and Pavement.

Iron Maiden ftw, i LOVE the music

I got so much different music i listen to.. Goes from Death Metal like Red Chord or Whitechapel to Tool/A Perfect Circle. I do have a rather wide range of musical taste but there's some things i listen to more often than other things

I am a big fan of Metal Bands but my Favorite isn't Metal at all....

All Time Favorite would have to be Dredg, I have seen them Live more than any other band and they get better each time! They have a sound and style all their own, to be honest I don't think I have heard of anyone that didn't like them (If you have even heard them before)

Honorable Mentions: Minus the Bear, Darkest Hour, Fall of Troy, The Haunted, Killswitch Engaged, Lamb of God, All that Remains, In Flames, and Dethklok!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I got to say Slightly Stoopid and Sublime are my favorite. Probably cuz i'm just a stoner at heart and love the ska/reggae music

Oasis,
    Stone Roses,
    Happy Mondays,
    Primal Scream,
    Pink Floyd,
    Dire Straits,
    The Who,
    Led Zepplin,
    The Smiths,
    Bob Dylan,
    The Verve.
    Few favourites of mine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc2UUJMRpg8 This song grew on me after my stay in Thailand for a month aint bad imo.