Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What's your favourite band/artist? Why?

Title says it all.

I'd have to say that my favourite band is probably Muse. It's really a close tie between quite a few bands/artists, but if I have to choose I'll take Muse. I'm not exactly sure why, there's just something with that combination of fantastic basslines, smashing drum beats, spacey keyboards, energetic guitar lines and lovely vocals that just really make my day.

What about you?

(Keep this thread nice and flamefree )

Deleted

Re: What's your favourite band/artist? Why?

For the past few years it's been mainly Muse as well.

Why? Well, to be honest, the genious that is Matthew Bellamy (their lead singer/guitarist/piano) just struck me with nothing else but awe, and a little envy too. The way that guy sings and plays either the guitar or his piano is just amazing to me. There's just so much passion, their music is very hard to ignore, if that makes sense.

Deleted

Well, I've always had a special place in my playlists for Iron Maiden.

I'm mostly a metalhead, some of my other favourites are Amorphis (I only like the first three and the latest three albums, however), Nightwish, Tarot, Apocalyptica, A,on Amarth, Mercyful Fate... Depends on the mood, really.

Oh, and I'm only "mostly" a metalhead because my probably all time favourite band is Pink Floyd. Their music is just that bloody awesome.

My band has to be Mindless self indulgence, then again Im not right in the head that may be one reason but a more know band thats a close 2nd has to be a tie between Korn and Slipknot in fact my pvp playlist in 33% MSI 33% slipknot and 33% Korn, with 1% of System of a down lol

why? Idk just always loved those bands since I heard them
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "Grmblblmbmlbmlbmlb Stalker"

I've always had a soft spot for From First to Last. Ever since I was 12 or younger...can't remember.

My best friend's brother had a CD called "From First to Last", I asked him if I could borrow it, he said yes. So I took it home and played it on my Xbox, I listened to a song called "Emily" about 7 times in a row, it was only like 2 minutes.

It was the first CD I've ever listened to.

Iron Maiden, because they are Iron Maiden.

For me it is a close tie between Muse and Silversun Pickups. Luckily for me they're touring the U.S together this year ^.^

They are both really incredibly bands.

Galneryus, each of the members are just excellent at playing their instruments.
    And Power Metal is my favorite genre.

Syu, the guitarist, is also a great virtuoso and I absolutely love his style.

For me, I'd have to say it's either Unexpect or Blind Guardian. Though really, if it has at least five separate things going on in the song, I'll probably end up listening to it.

Metallica. Been a fan for about 12 years.

Their frontman James is one of the greatest musicians that ever walked the earth.

Masterpiece.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyScX52rlRA

The voice of God
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw67-SaUA5I

I used to be into death metal and black metal (Burzum, Emperor, Suffocation, etc) then went through a transition to post-rock (Godspeed You! Black Emperor in particular)

More recently though, post-hardcore is what I'm listening to. Not sure how it happened, but I just lost interest in every song i had on iTunes and grabbed Spotify and went hunting for some new music.

Favourite artist of the moment is either Motion City Soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QBOJZolP6o Or Rosematter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTVPOQM5HEE
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

Lady Gaga is probably my favorite artist of the current music industry. I know most people either love her or hate her, but from an artsy perspective she's very inspiring to me. She really does have talent, too, and she's a decent human being (100% of her concert proceeds in New York and merchandise sold on the day of the concert went to Haiti; $500,000 was raised by her fans I believe).

My favorite of all-time however is probably a tie between Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley :T

Why are 95% of gamers into trance / hardcore / metal stuff ?

Is there anyone out there who also likes hip hop? Dead prez..???
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Deleted

Hmmm, that's a hard one, but i'd have to say Linkin Park. I just love their music, although Minutes to Midnight was a little disappointing =/ But Hybrid Theory and Meteora is just <3 If i have nothing else i want to listen to, i can always listen to Linkin Park :P

www.myspace.com/integrity .......allways die hard!

check out Vocal Test.

In Flames, Metallica and Maiden <33

AFI. They might have some of the best lyrics I have ever heard. And the actual music is amazing too.
    Their video for Beautiful Thieves is out this thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Why are 95% of gamers into trance / hardcore / metal stuff ?

Is there anyone out there who also likes hip hop? Dead prez..???
    I've been wondering that for a while, almost every WoW related video has either trance or metal as the soundtrack, the trend seems to be trance for raid related videos and metal for the pvp ones.

edit: blaqkmagick, how is the new AFI album, not gotten around to buying it yet? Only heard one song and didn't think it came close to their older stuff.
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Iron Maiden, because they are Iron Maiden.
    he said it all =)
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ