Command and Conquer 95: 1.06b r2. An improved trip down memory lane. (Also Free)

Ladies and Gentlemen, may i present a modified, improved version of Command and Conquer 95.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

This Version was created and is maintained by "Nyerguds", who is still working on it from time to time.

The major things that you will notice in this is the fact that not only are the Covert Ops missions included, but also the extra exclusive missions found in the Playstation 1 and Nintendo 64 versions. There are minor things such as including the original songs or the remixed songs with lyrics in the installation (I suggest original songs without the lyrics, it's just a matter of personal taste for me).

Another thing is that you are now able to fight against AI in the local multiplayer (a makeshift long awaited "Skirmish" if you will), the only problem is, the AI are just there to distract and disrupt fellow players, as such they do not spawn with an MCV, and do not base build.

On top of that, there have been fixes to the game, most notably the major bug where the game would lock up for no reason at all (The original CD C&C 95 version had this for me.) EDIT: It now supports a 1024X768 version. Keep in mind you maybe have interface conflicts in maps that are extremely small, like NOD and GDI Mission 1&2.

Another thing i may add is, it includes this other program named CnCNet. It is meant for other like minded fellows who have this game to play against each other over the internet. Since Westwood Online has long been deceased, this is the new alternative. It does not work in conjunction with my Firewall however, so i do not use it at all.

The big bad part about this is, it does NOT include any of the original Full motion videos that the game is known for, for that you might have to figure out how to download them separately, OR i suppose you could find them and watch them on Youtube.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Added other features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Re: Command and Conquer 95: 1.06b r2. An improved trip down memory lane. (Also Free)

Sure brings back memories. Might check it out, thanks for the heads up 8)

Re: Command and Conquer 95: 1.06b r2. An improved trip down memory lane. (Also Free)

Dune 2 and C&C <3
    The two games that started to make me love RTS games.

Thanks for the info.

Also something i want to point out. you can get the full version, OR patch the game you own, however i tried this and everything went haywire, so i highly suggest you just download the full game all patched up.

Something tells me the patch was meant for "First Decade" C&C 95 instead of the original C&C gold 95.

EDIT:Also because of it's limitations, Saved games in the 640x480 resolution are different from the 1024x768. So if you want to download the saved games to all the missions, it wont work under 1024x768.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.