Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar

[Anime] Man what a week...

So, this week a bunch of anime series ended. Such as Parasyte: The Maxim, Your Lie In April, Aldnoah Zero, Tokyo Ghoul Root A, and Death Parade. What did you think of these series? Are you feeling the feels big time or nah?

So, I guess I'll put my brief thoughts for each series. Watch out for spoilers if you haven't finished some of these shows.

Parasyte: The Maxim: Overall a really good ride. Great character development as well as a pretty satisfying ending. Although the morals that they were exploring didn't really resonate with me as much as they probably did for a lot of people.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A: I thought the finale was really good albeit tragic. I've heard that the manga is even better, so I may actually end up reading it, because I like the Tokyo Ghoul universe quite a bit.

Your Lie In April: I actually heard it was one of the anime that also ended this week, so I marathoned it today. Super fucking emotional and satisfying. Great characters all around from the main cast to the supporting characters. I normally, don't watch anime like this, so it was a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm definitely glad I watched it.

Death Parade: This anime is so unique and great. I loved pretty much every episode. My only real complaints are that it is 12 episodes long. I want more. I NEED more.

Aldnoah Zero: I thought the anime started off really strong and then was kinda meh and then it got good again and then finally the ending today was pretty meh. I usually don't care too much about ships in anime, but the fact that Asseylum didn't end up with Inaho or Slaine was just super unsatisfying. Plus, they ended the war waaayyyy too easily. Probably the only anime out of the five here that actually disappointed me.

So yeah, I guess this is kinda signifying the end of the winter anime season? Overall, I'd say it was really good. Other than Aldnoah Zero I'd say all the other anime set themselves apart in one way or another and were very high quality. If there were any anime that I missed and you enjoyed then feel free to post them in the thread.

Parasyte: The Maxim: Watched till about episode 7 but had previously read the manga, much preferred the manga so dropped the series and never bothered with it again.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A: not watched the second season since it doesn't follow the source manga series which put me off it, considering the manga is a pretty much a weekly/monthly release and is epic. Definitely go read it all now! its actually one of the current highest rated manga series inside and outside of Japan. First season - tokyo ghoul second season - tokyo ghoul:re and there's a side series called tokyo ghoul-jack (side story about Arima in his school days) If looking for the manga though you may find it listed more under its Japanese name - Toukyou kushu

Your Lie In April:I do absolutely love this series and was very very happy they kept to the source material and didn't change the ending to be all happy ever after.

Death Parade: Was great and one of my fav's of the season. Sad to see it go, still got the original OVA to watch though i guess.

Aldnoah Zero: Loved the fights, loved the show but very disappointed in the ending. Felt way way too rushed to the point i didn't even realise it was the last episode till the end. Though much more was going to happen.

Nanatsu no Taizai : ended this week and was just so great, looking forward to season 2 if they do one (which they will i just know it) Only down side i guess would be that so much was left out compared to the manga, plus some that died in the manga are still alive in the anime... plus a lot of censorship that's not in the manga like not actually seeing Ban cut in half.

Will miss Rolling Girls a lot, if you haven't watched it go do so. Its crazy and fun.

Now the long wait for another season of log horizon ='[ will be lonely without it.

Garo was good too but very predictable unfortunately.

Do not worry mates, the king of last/this years anime is coming in less than one week from now.
    Unlimited Budget Works.

Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderz View Post
    Do not worry mates, the king of last/this years anime is coming in less than one week from now.
    Unlimited Budget Works.
    Haha tru. I'm super hyped for UBW. I'm also pretty interested in the new Digimon Adventures. Definitely gonna check that out.