Allod's Online - Best F2P MMO

If you haven't heard of it, look it up. Now. 2 factions, 6 races, 20+ classes.
    No lag, great tutorial, smoothest FPS I've seen, graphics are just as good as WoW if not better, music is awesome, gameplay is great, some of the coolest races/armor sets
    I've seen. Tons of money and been put into this MMO, thats why its a AAA free MMO.

I've played WoW for around 4 years, and around 10+ other MMO's.
    I've never played F2P MMO's until recently because their free for a reason, they are utterly terrible and unbearable.
    Allod's Online changed it all. Honestly, I think its better than WAR/LotRO/Aion which are pretty much the best pay to play MMO's besides WoW.
    If you take breaks from WoW like me and ur casual, give Allod's Online a try, its so worth it.

The EU page has all the info you need: http://en.allods.gpotato.eu/
    Otherwise if you want to download/play the game go to the US website: http://allods.gpotato.com/

Re: Allod's Online - Best F2P MMO

Is there any other way to obtain beta key than waiting in line? ;D
    It looks like a pretty cool game (aside from those Gibberlings that look like 13 year old girls dream >_> )

Yes just Google Allod's Online beta keys, I got mine from www.Massively.com
    I'm sure a lot of websites still have them. The closed beta is going to end soonish and wipe all characters.
    You'll get to keep your characters in open beta though. Thats another reason why this game is so awesome,
    it's in closed beta and its the 2nd best MMO already (imo), they definitely listen to the community and have
    already been changing things in-game.

ive actually played Rappelz and Flyff, both made by Gpotato. And i have to say, both those games are rather impressive in there own ways, whit only a few (Yet very annoying) problems, such as contolls. If this game is like either of those, I will defiantly have to give it a try, hopefully it will be a bit more "Polished".

As a question, is AoE-Grinding a valid way to level in this game? Thats the funnest part of any MMO, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo1903
    ive actually played Rappelz and Flyff, both made by Gpotato. And i have to say, both those games are rather impressive in there own ways, whit only a few (Yet very annoying) problems, such as contolls. If this game is like either of those, I will defiantly have to give it a try, hopefully it will be a bit more "Polished".

As a question, is AoE-Grinding a valid way to level in this game? Thats the funnest part of any MMO, imo.
    This project was 13 million dollars or something, but its way better than Flyff and Rappelz, waaay better.
    AoE grinding, I'm not sure, but I'd imagine so with some classes.

Awesome game! Every one should try this one
    The game haz robotic undead!Best race ever...

No lag? Your way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilscrappy
    Flyff
    Fuck.
    You.
    Aeonsoft.

Amirite gais?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Oh em gee, this game will surely beat out WOW. 27th time is the charm.

Alright, I'll allow myself to be a bit critic towards this. And ofcourse, I'll compare it to World of Warcraft.

There seem to be an unspoken rule in the MMO business, that a game would want to stand out from World of Warcraft as much as possible. Because of this, games should generally avoid similarities. That is to say, you can have a hunter class, just don't call it a hunger. Call it a ranger or a scout. You can have a warlock, but do NOT call it a warlock. Use summoner or necromancer instead. Its fine that the classes are quite similar, but just pick a name that sounds different.

With this in mind, its fun to try and figure out which class goes with which:

Warrior = Warrior
    Paladin = Paladin
    Scount = Hunter
    Healer = Priest
    Warden = Druid/shaman
    Mage = Mage
    Summoner = Warlock
    Psionicist = ?

And while each class/race combination has a different name, and a different class skill (think priests), it is basicly the same class. Theres probably no real difference between a brawler, champion, vanquisher and brute, other than the class skill.

We are doing the same with races, now that we're at it:

Kanians = Humans
    Elves = Elves
    Gibberlings = Gnomes x3
    Xadaganians = Blood elves
    Arisen = Undead
    Orcs = Orcs

Now, I dont nessecarely think that its a bad idea that we can draw similarities to WoW. Blizzard knows what they are doing with WoW, so not picking up from what they have learned there is stupid. But a lot of the new MMO's are trying to hide their similarities to WoW by changing names or claiming to have 28 different classes (when in fact, there are 8).

Graphics wise, it seems a little bit stiff. Then again, you can't really release a game with crappy graphics these days, so this is a given.

So, what does it all boil down to? Differences. What does Allods have that WOW doesn't? Innovative end-game gameplay, like the ones we didn't see in Age of Conan? Great party play features, like Tabula Rasa tried? Aion, for example, was great fun for the first 10 levels, until it began to become a confusing bore.

I have invested a lot of time in World of Warcraft. What does Allods offer me that makes it worth to throw away all that effort in WoW?
    ~ Armory - Youtube ~
    No longer the King of Moonkins, but perhaps the Prince of Shamans?