MSI GX60 (Hitman Edition) gaming laptop graphics drivers

Hey guys, so I have the laptop I just mentioned in the title. I'm having a bit of an issue with the graphics drivers. The drivers that this laptop comes with is very outdated. The problem is, I can't upgrade it using the new drivers on AMD because this is a switchable graphics notebook. Which means I need a chipset drivers. I don't really know what to do, I can't play new games because of this. They all look terrible. With the specs of this laptop I should at the very least be able to run WoW on high settings no problem. But I can't because of the outdated drivers.

Anyone have any ideas or advice to give? I don't want to think I just wasted 900 on this thing. Otherwise...I think I'll cry myself to sleep.
    When balance is lost, chaos is born.

Why can't you install catalyst with that notebook? Reading the reviews on notebookcheck it says the machine comes with a 7970m...which is a dedicated card. So even though you have an integrated graphics chip, you should also have a standalone that works off of its own drivers. What happens when you try to install catalyst?

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Why can't you install catalyst with that notebook? Reading the reviews on notebookcheck it says the machine comes with a 7970m...which is a dedicated card. So even though you have an integrated graphics chip, you should also have a standalone that works off of its own drivers. What happens when you try to install catalyst?
    It works but it comes with a few problems. Like, if I alt tab from games my PC freezes. When I looked that up it was mentioned that it is because of my drivers. Also, when I go on the AMD site to download the newest drivers, it says it's not compatible with notebooks with switchable graphics. So I mean, I'm not sure what to do.

Should I download both the chipset from MSI site (for this laptop) and the latest beta drivers off AMD?

Btw, the chipset drivers off the MSI site comes with catalyst. It's just an old version (9.0.12 I think).
    Last edited by Widow Maker; 2014-02-01 at 04:05 PM.
    When balance is lost, chaos is born.