Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Metalstorm is also quite decent for discovering stuff, most of the userbase is mroe into melodic metal and generally more famous stuff but most staff members and a probably minority of regular members tend to be into mroe obscure stuff and as such it gets lots of publicity there.

I knew of Dragged Into Sunlight from there and I am not even that much into sludge (unless post-metal).

Don't hate please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osoIXV1I434

Don't hate please
    Nah, too easy... I kid, I kid.

Some pretty decent atmospheric BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Btw Badpaladin, unrelated but do you know Celeste?
    Not sure about the context -- band, person? Former no, latter possibly but I'd need refreshing.

On topic:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4Z9KGDctM

for the children

Deleted
    Good ol' Obituary.

And Good ol' Fleshcrawl.

Last edited by mmoc54c9892e8d; 2012-07-27 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Not sure about the context -- band, person? Former no, latter possibly but I'd need refreshing.

On topic:

[cryptopsy - none so vile]

for the children
    Much prefer And Then You'll Beg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

It's a screamo/black metal hybrid band so it's somewhat on topic :P

I only gave them glancing listens but I like what they did so far and everything they did is freely downloadable from their site here.

You might end up liking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those interested in Prog/Power should check out Symphony X

Some Brutal DM

Deleted
    Good stuff.

Chopped in half is a great song, I'm not super into Obituary but of the handful of songs I have heard by them that's the best one

Does anyone else also think Obituary pretty much sounds like Deaths 2nd-3rd albums, except they do it over and over again without changing things up

Oh, also @Kliffharry I love Trivium too
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-07-27 at 07:45 PM.

One of the most solid albums ever made:

Deleted
    In my opinion, Obituary are the purest sounding Death Metal band, at least from all the bands I personally know. By pure I mean... with no technical/brutal/etc influences. The End Complete speaks for itself.

Some more good stuff:

Deleted

I guess this is about the 18th time this is posted, but what the hell.

Deleted
    New A Million Dead Birds Laughing album is out and like the previous, freely downloadable.

http://amdbl.bandcamp.com/
    Haven't had time to listen yet but I'm sure it's OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    I personally love Angela's vocals. Feel free to recommend other bands that have female vocalist who does growling/screaming stuff. I would gladly check them out
    Amaranthe - Hunger
    This is a great band, it may not fit your request 100%, this band has 3 singers, a female vocalist, a male vocalist and a screamer. Sounds sick in my opinion.

Слот - 2 войны (The SLoT - 2 Wars)
    If you don't mind not being able to understand a singer (due to language, not terrible screams) you may like this band. A good friend of mine showed them to me and they have a fair amount of good music, with this singer in this video at least. The other singer is decent but can't compare to Nooky. This is the Russian version, they do have an English version but it isn't quite as good as the Russian.

Straight Line Stitch - Taste of Ashes
    Great song, singer is beast, I saw them live at Mayhem last year and was amazed. Feature with Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Something a bit more old school.

Wow. You guys make me feel like such a conservative!

What I listen to (metal-wise) in alphabetical order, and my favourite song(s) of theirs:
    Bathory - One Rode To Asa Bay
    Black Sabbath - N.I.B, Voodoo, Mob Rules
    Diamond Head - In The Heat Of The Night
    Dimmu Borgir - Hunnerkongens Sorgsvarte Ferd Over Steppene, Alt Lys Har Svunnet Hen, For All Tid
    Dio - Sacred Heart
    Halford - Twist, Resurrection, Beyond The Realms Of Death (Judas Priest song, I know! But Halford makes it so awesome (With Rob Halford being the singer there, as well))
    Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name, Remember Tomorrow
    Judas Priest - Beyond The Realms Of Death, Painkiller, A Touch Of Evil
    Metallica (favourite band of all time) - For Whom The Bell Tolls, All Nightmare Long, The Unforgiven
    Motörhead - Ace Of Spades, Breaking The Law (Again; Judas Priest song, but kickass version), Overkill
    Ozzy Osbourne - Goodbye To Romance, Mr. Crowley, Walk On Water (demo)
    Rainbow; now technically these guys are hard rock and not metal, but by God and glory, they shall go in here, just for the merit of one of their songs: Stargazer. It's got Dio singing, so I'm going to bend the line and put it here.
    Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh, Bestrafe Mich

Does anyone else also think Obituary pretty much sounds like Deaths 2nd-3rd albums, except they do it over and over again without changing things up
    Not at all. Although I'm a huge Death fan, I hate Spiritual Healing. The only good song is the title track. And Leprosy, while still a good album, is the by far worst of the rest of their discography.

The only similarity between those 2 Death albums, and say, Cause Of Death, is that both are played in D standard guitar tuning
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Not at all. Although I'm a huge Death fan, I hate Spiritual Healing. The only good song is the title track. And Leprosy, while still a good album, is the by far worst of the rest of their discography.

The only similarity between those 2 Death albums, and say, Cause Of Death, is that both are played in D standard guitar tuning
    Personally I'd put Leprosy above all of their other albums except for Symbolic, then at that point I don't quite know which one I'd say is #1, both great but too different