Thread: [Music] Metal

New Voivod.

One of the best black metal vocalists, evah.

Was going to post full At The Heart of Winter, but it's not winter yet, damnit. But this should do - it's been a long time since I posted something from this album.

Also "The Lighthouse"

Might have "a find" right here.. Vocalist is pretty boring to me but the rest of the stuff makes up for it..
    Last edited by dragothica; 2012-10-13 at 12:01 AM.

Mechagnome
    So Nightwish decides to get rid of their singer once again, what do you guys think about this? I never liked her, so I think this is only good news. I wouldnt mind if Marco became the lead singer, though. They dont really need female vocalist but im pretty sure they'll get new one. Hopefully shes better than the former was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    So Nightwish decides to get rid of their singer once again, what do you guys think about this? I never liked her, so I think this is only good news. I wouldnt mind if Marco became the lead singer, though. They dont really need female vocalist but im pretty sure they'll get new one. Hopefully shes better than the former was.
    Never been a fan of the whole generic female fronted fantasy metal thing, but they're bringing in Floor Jansen as a touring replacement and her voice is amazing.

Mechagnome
    I don't know Floor Jansen at all but I am overall not a huge fan of female fronted smyphonic metal, save a few exceptions (WT). Inever had any problems with Anette but I probably would not mind just Marco doing the vocals.

Unrelated: Probably would belong more in the post-hardcore topic but this one has ample metalcore and post-metal elements in it.
    I have to say I listened to a LOT of this band lately and I just can't get enough of it. I'd rate both "No Wings To Speak Of" and "The Satellite Years" with a straight 10/10 which is extremely rare from me but frankly not only these albums are extremely good they are so overflowing with emotions it is nearly unbearable and they are just perfect in any way in relations to what I look for in music.

Uldreth <Group Therapy> - Ravencrest EU
    World 141th in 25 man category, 2 days/week, recruiting exceptional players for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    I don't know Floor Jansen at all but I am overall not a huge fan of female fronted smyphonic metal, save a few exceptions (WT). Inever had any problems with Anette but I probably would not mind just Marco doing the vocals.
    She was the singer for After Forever. Way better than Anette, imo:

I love both old and new Nightwish. I've been a Nightwish fan since Century Child, picked up their older stuff as well, and I also think Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum are great albums. Anette got a lot of hate that she didn't deserve. I admit her live voice needs a lot of work, but she's an excellent singer. She just didn't sound exactly like Tarja, and a lot of people gave her hate for that.

I remember at one point when Tarja was leaving NW, there were rumors that Vibeke Stene was going to be her replacement. Not going to happen obviously, but I always thought that would sound awesome.

Personally, I think they'd sound awesome with Marco alone on vocals. The man is a fucking boss. Although...I can't quote it directly, but I believe he said at some point he didn't want to do main vocals in any band other than Tarot. But I guess some songs like Phantom of the Opera would sound kinda awkward if he tried to do them solo...
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-10-03 at 03:57 PM.

Even if it's a ridiculous thought, I would like to have Tarja back in Nightwish.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    Even if it's a ridiculous thought, I would like to have Tarja back in Nightwish.
    Me too. Shame its not gonna happen, though.

Dordeduh = Negura Bunget splinter group. Their new cd is on the same level as Om.

You are welcome.

Y'all ready to have your fucking minds blown?

New Converge album stream. This. Fucking. Year. New Swans. New Godspeed You! Black Emperor. New Converge. New Neurosis.

Who else is fucking excited as fuck?!
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

You forgot AmenRa.

And a bunch of others.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Y'all ready to have your fucking minds blown?

New Converge album stream. This. Fucking. Year. New Swans. New Godspeed You! Black Emperor. New Converge. New Neurosis.

Who else is fucking excited as fuck?!
    And new Between The Buried And Me as well :P. Also new Cult of Luna but it won't be coming out this year sadly.

Thanks for reminding me of GY! BE though I have yet to listen to that. But yeah this year is looking to be mighty fine.
    Uldreth <Group Therapy> - Ravencrest EU
    World 141th in 25 man category, 2 days/week, recruiting exceptional players for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    No Heathen guys?
    Victims of Deception is my favorite thrash disc, bar none. In fact, I posted them WAY WAY back in this thread...with 197 pages though, no surprise people miss things. XD

And since I haven't posted a video in ages, and since someone above me put in some more Ouroboros thus saving me the trouble, I will instead post some new Spawn of Possession.

Last edited by Stormcall; 2012-10-06 at 10:36 AM.

Also
    http://nightwish.com/en/news#2194

Does this mean she's with the band permanently now? I know she was temporary filling in to finish the Imaginaerum tour, but didn't think it was confirmed that she's staying permanently. This looks like it indicates otherwise though.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-10-07 at 06:18 PM.