Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Wheres my new Antediluvian? :/

Here's some OSDM:

edit: switched song because of certain lyrical content on my previous post
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2013-03-27 at 03:33 PM.

What you all know about CUNTHUNT 777 watch one of there music videos an look for the big goofy guy hillarious......

Song of the day: As Blood Runs Black - In Dying Days

Deleted
    Anyone got some good black/thrash recommendations? I know most of the classics like Aura Noir, Absu, Desaster, Deströyer 666, Nifelheim, Deathhammer etc. But I'm sure there's still lots of great stuff I haven't heard.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Fuck. I didn't catch it until I listened through my headphones but yeah, definitely autotune. I am disappoint.
    Here's a newsflash, autotune is used in every music genre. When you can hear it being used that's when you're using it wrong, it's usually just used to fix one note to not have the vocalist do 300 takes of the same line. Every band does this, maybe except growling vocals which would get messed up pretty badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    Anyone got some good black/thrash recommendations? I know most of the classics like Aura Noir, Absu, Desaster, Deströyer 666, Nifelheim, Deathhammer etc. But I'm sure there's still lots of great stuff I haven't heard.

Deleted
    Goriq, I was looking for specifically bands that combine black and thrash metal.

Razor of Occam is new to me and I like the sound. So thanks for that. I need more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    Not really my cup of tea as I find the vocals usually very irritating to say the least, but apart from the big guns you mentioned, other good blackened thrash bands are Sarcofago, Melechesh, Nocturnal Breed, Tsjuder, Usurper, Necromessiah, Devastator, Impiety etc. Those are basically the only bands I know, not my favourite metal subgenre except for those bands.

Mandatory youtube, something completely opposite of black/thrash

Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-03-30 at 09:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're finally playing live! I need to go see them.

Guessing some folk here might enjoy this. More than once reminds me a bit of Ved Buens Ende:

Eluveitie! If you have not heard of em, im loss for words

10+ Year Old Account

@ Kasierith: I love Xandria. Only found them a few months ago when I was looking for stuff similar to Nightwish. Reminds me of Tarja-era Nightwish in a lot of ways, but without being a total Nightwish clone. Good stuff.

Speaking of Nightwish, I hope we hear something definite from them soon (particularly when/if a replacement for Anette will come along), but apparently the band members are taking a break for a while once they get done with the touring that's going on now. I hate that I had to miss them when they played in Atlanta last year. :|

New Within Temptation album in September though. Can't wait for that.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-04-01 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Awesome XD listened to what Kasierith linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty darn nice. Small wonder, but still.

Evile, Megadeth releasing albums soon, and Metallica abit later this year. Yep I'm happy !
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Evile, Megadeth releasing albums soon, and Metallica abit later this year. Yep I'm happy !
    Don't expect Metallica's next album until next year, they're too busy with everything else right now to go into the studio, they haven't even chosen a producer yet, though it looks to be Rick Rubin again.

Super pumped for Megadeth's Super Collider, from the sound of the previews it seems to be the first Megadeth album since United Abominations to have some great songs on it, and hopefully it'll be better than UA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-04-04 at 05:50 PM.

https://soundcloud.com/dead-deer-rec...id-paradise-in

I engineered and produced this. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound is fairly indirect and a bit muddy. It lacks clarity.

Problem seems to lie largely in the guitar sound. Might be a matter of gear, but I suspect it's more likely to be placement of the microphone.

Vocals work okay.

Bass is audible (which is a nice change for the better) and has a decent sound. Probably close to what the bass player came with, though it's not my taste. Could've been a bit punchier for my liking, but that's more a matter of taste than anything else.

Drums are... dead. Very little room, very compressed.

//edit: That said, I don't think the band came to you with a lot of money and a lot of studio time. It's definitely a workable sound. Might even be what they wanted, as it's closer related to a style of music I dislike and for which this seems to be a fairly standard sound.