System Of A Down
    Pantera
    Amon Amarth
    Limp Bizkit
    Last edited by mitbrandir; 2011-08-24 at 08:12 PM. Reason: forgot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Estival View Post
    wait what?! why? oO

OP stated we could list whatever subgenre

oh btw, started with HSB and Caliban, atm im in love with august burns red, this or the apocalypse and texas in july.
    why i listen to metal? just cause. and because most of them actually use instruments and not some crappy autotune stuff
    Cause those bands are metalcore but not this new bullstuff metalcore.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

This thread needs moar Asphyx:

and Immortal:

and King fucking Diamond:

Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    Converge is so out of place in this list. Also Heaven Shall Burn and Caliban.
    Why would these bands be out of the list? Because its melodic death metal? Doesn't make sence. We're allowed to tell about any genre of metal , going from just normal metal to the most brutal and sickest deathcore.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Why would these bands be out of the list? Because its melodic death metal? Doesn't make sence. We're allowed to tell about any genre of metal , going from just normal metal to the most brutal and sickest deathcore.
    Just within the context of what you posted those bands seemed out of place esp Converge even though I love older Converge alot.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post

Probably my favorite Aspyhx cd and I love the album art. If anyone likes Death/Doom in the vein of Aspyhx you should check out Runemagick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got in to Slipknot when I was about 8 and Lamb of god at around 2005. Zao 2007 and always been a big fan of the russian metal band Amatory.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Got in to Slipknot when I was about 8 and Lamb of god at around 2005. Zao 2007 and always been a big fan of the russian metal band Amatory.
    Maaaan Zao is awesome. They had some eh albums but overall they put out some solid music.

Deleted
    And some Hate

And some fucking EMPEROR

Anyone into Power Electronics/Noise ?
    Last edited by mmoc54c9892e8d; 2011-08-24 at 08:24 PM.

Needs more sludge in here so here's CROWBAR

And Bolt Thrower

And All Out War

And Entombed for good measure.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post

and Immortal:

and King fucking Diamond:

Meh, I'll never get used to Kim Bendixen's vocals... Though I very much so do approve of the lead guitar.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Cause those bands are metalcore but not this new bullstuff metalcore.
    aaaaaaaaah, i get you, still i dont really agree.
    todays definition of metalcore doesnt cover hsb's style (melodeath to me) if you ask me, neither the old converge stuff (way to un-melodic). caliban is not as elaborate as they were 4-5 years ago. they're like: growled/shouted verse - clean hook - growled/shouted verse - clean hook, very foreseeable. in comparison to caliban converge's "jane doe" (undoubtly a milestone during the development of metalcore), is INYOURFACE!, so is the most of hsb as they dont use clean vocals at all. if i was to pick 3-4 bands that dont fit, id pick converge, neaera (high-pitched screams) and iwrestledabearonce

i personally prefer what you call "bullstuff metalcore" because of the playful arrangement of melodic vocal parts & heavy riffs and viceversa shouts & melodic intrumentals. stuff like "hatebreed" works for me when im drunk, otherways its simply too monotone.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 08:25 PM ----------

[QUOTE=solonglonesome;12885404]Just within the context of what you posted those bands seemed out of place esp Converge even though I love older Converge alot.[COLOR="red"]

it was me who posted that list, not him ^^
    my resource is yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Estival View Post
    aaaaaaaaah, i get you, still i dont really agree.
    todays definition of metalcore doesnt cover hsb's style (melodeath to me) if you ask me, neither the old converge stuff (way to un-melodic). caliban is not as elaborate as they were 4-5 years ago. they're like: growled/shouted verse - clean hook - growled/shouted verse - clean hook, very foreseeable. in comparison to caliban converge's "jane doe" (undoubtly a milestone during the development of metalcore), is INYOURFACE!, so is the most of hsb as they dont use clean vocals at all. if i was to pick 3-4 bands that dont fit, id pick converge, neaera (high-pitched screams) and iwrestledabearonce

i personally prefer what you call "bullstuff metalcore" because of the playful arrangement of melodic vocal parts & heavy riffs and viceversa shouts & melodic intrumentals. stuff like "hatebreed" works for me when im drunk, otherways its simply too monotone.
    I like all the Converge stuff up to Jane Done with Jane Doe being their least of my favorite....When Forever Comes Crashing is the shiiiit son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

Tosin Abasi. Awesome 8-string guitarist. Really nice mix of low tones and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

Tosin Abasi. Awesome 8-string guitarist. Really nice mix of low tones and speed.
    He was also in a little known band called Reflux.

He was also in a little known band called Reflux.
    Yes; I haven't listened to them myself besides watching a few online clips of them live. However I like their drummer, being one myself, I think he's more than decent. I'm a big fan of the metal genre I've come to self-proclaim as 'guitarstrumental'. This is the best thing I've been woken up to by my brother, usually a dubstep-faced noob, for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZk0mDXgMs

Yes; I haven't listened to them myself besides watching a few online clips of them live. However I like their drummer, being one myself, I think he's more than decent. I'm a big fan of the metal genre I've come to self-proclaim as 'guitarstrumental'. This is the best thing I've been woken up to by my brother, usually a dubstep-faced noob, for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZk0mDXgMs
    I think more people just call it djent now, I could be wrong

Well in my own explanation I just think of it as an instrumental that focuses more on the guitar.

Arch Enemy - Hybrids of Steel is good one that probably got me into it to begin with.

But metal altogether is win. Opeth especially.

Well in my own explanation I just think of it as an instrumental that focuses more on the guitar.

Arch Enemy - Hybrids of Steel is good one that probably got me into it to begin with.

But metal altogether is win. Opeth especially.
    I need to be in the right mood for Opeth. But I do love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    1. Symphony X
    2. Metallica
    3. Megadeth
    this
    i've also been enjoying Parkway Drive recently =)
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

I'm into trash metal alot. I like all of the bands in The Big Four. Also Iron Maiden and Pantera are amazing.

I got into metal probably because my father was this old school rock kinda guy and played stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, Dire Straits and stuff with his guitar so he influenced me to like rock for starters. Then my big brother started to listen to this heavier stuff. I don't even remember when it happened but I've liked metal music and rock as long as I can remember. I started playing bass when I was about 13 and I started listening to metal even more. I just adore Cliff Burton. There will never be a bass player even remotly as good as him. Last year when I visited Sonisphere-festival in Finland I got into metal even more. I didn't care about Anthrax that much before I went there but I liked their gig so I listen to it sometimes. But yeah, I'd say I've had metal throughout my whole life. May it stay that way for the rest of my life.

Long hair? -No, that's certainly not my style at all. Wouldn't fit me.