Thread: [Music] Metal

I listen to Metal and Rock/Hard Rock most time:
    ACDC
    Dio (no matter if Heaven and Hell, Rainbow or Black Sabbath, he was the greatest of all!)
    Metallica
    Manowar
    Blind Guardian
    Black Sabbath
    Judas Priest
    Scorpions
    Deep Purple
    Led Zepplin
    Van Halen
    Queen
    Alice Cooper
    Last edited by Lulane; 2011-08-23 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    Most metalheads I've encountered have a good understanding of all types of music. I'm one of those kind of dudes.
    Most metalheads I listen to won't try anything else, they just listen to the same grunty shit over and over. But I'm sure there are some people who vary their tastes. I just haven't run across one IRL. I just don't like people adhering to one genre, it's too boring.

To be fair though, I hate most new up and coming bands. Maybe I'm just getting older but I find that any local bands or up and coming bands are really shitty and aren't creative in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

Deleted
    Sentenced - Amok (album)

listen to it! very under rated band, but they are really great, try these 2 songs as they are earsex
    Dance on the graves
    Forever lost

Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post
    Most metalheads I listen to won't try anything else, they just listen to the same grunty shit over and over. But I'm sure there are some people who vary their tastes. I just haven't run across one IRL. I just don't like people adhering to one genre, it's too boring.

To be fair though, I hate most new up and coming bands. Maybe I'm just getting older but I find that any local bands or up and coming bands are really shitty and aren't creative in the least.
    It's hard finding new music but it's not hard. If you like Radiohead and stuff you may or may not like Mew a fantastic experimental pop band. Listen to the song Apocalypso or Hawaii.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post

Newer metal releases. You just have to know where to look, just like every genre.

Deleted
    When I was 17-18 I listened to 95% metal.

Now I'm 22 and expanded my tastes a lot, I will listen to anything if it sounds good to me, any genre, still love good metal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Newer metal releases. You just have to know where to look, just like every genre.
    And everyone should listen to YOB - Atma. That cd is straight up so so so good. Doom metal with 70's psychadelia and some stoner rock going on.

And everyone should listen to YOB - Atma. That cd is straight up so so so good. Doom metal with 70's psychadelia and some stoner rock going on.
    Oh goodness yes. How I forgot to post that, I don't know. One of the best releases of 2011 for sure. That album is a perfect example of nonlinear song structure done right.

Just a small example of what music was back in the good old days \../

Oh goodness yes. How I forgot to post that, I don't know. One of the best releases of 2011 for sure. That album is a perfect example of nonlinear song structure done right.
    Prepare the Ground....that riff is so massive and his vocals are so good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulane View Post
    [video=youtube;3KyJrZMswZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KyJrZMswZQ[video]

Just a small example of what music was back in the good old days \../
    The days are still good. Don't get me wrong, that song along side many others are classic and were performed by some of the greatest musicians of all time but there are metal hymns being made every day. Metal's going strong, as it always has.

I love Metal. Cheesy, I know, but it's not just music. It's never just music.

Love me some stoner rock/metal:

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Love me some stoner rock/metal:
    It's one of those genres that you can just chill and listen to. Church of Misery is my favorite doom/stoner band.

It's one of those genres that you can just chill and listen to. Church of Misery is my favorite doom/stoner band.
    Speaking of all things heavy to come out of Japan:

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Speaking of all things heavy to come out of Japan:
    I love Coffins alot. Death/Doom is so so so awesome.

Deleted
    Hm...

Iron Maiden
    Sonata Arctica
    Sabaton
    Freedom Call
    Gamma Ray
    Hardcore Superstar
    Rhapsody
    Night Wish
    In Flames
    Edguy
    Avantasia
    Eluveitie
    Iced Earth
    Blind Guardian

10+ Year Old Account
    + post-rock too! It's cool because Black Metal is such an extreme subgenre focused so heavily on being absolutely dark (Deathspell Omega comes to mind), but the blending of other genres to make something beautiful is unreal.
    Wouldn't call the latest Deathspell Omega dark. If anything, it's positively jubilant.

Would call the new Craft pretty dark though. And fun.

Sidenote, it was pretty hard to just pick one track to post.

Deleted
    Metallica
    Slayer
    Slipknot
    Dimmu Borgir
    Iron maiden
    In flames
    Lamb of God
    Mastodon
    Korn
    Rammstein
    Black sabbath(with ronnie james dio)
    Mótorhead
    Megadeth

other bands with some metal in there songs

Limp Bizkit
    System of a Down
    Queens of the Stoneage
    Linken Park
    Foo Fighters
    Stonesour
    Papa roach
    Rage against the Machine
    Guns & roses
    Led Zepplin
    Queen

that should about be it i think :P

Deleted
    I recommend checking out Winterwolf (finnish death metal).

Also too little Gorguts on this thread still, so here you go (Considered Dead): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNcyREX5I1o

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    I recommend checking out Winterwolf (finnish death metal).Also too little Gorguts on this thread still, so here you go (Considered Dead): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNcyREX5I1o
    I like this Winterwolf. It's good throwback DM to the swedes. I love that buzzsaw guitar tone more than anything in the world.