Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because Avenged Sevenfold sounds like (as a friend of mine put ever so apt) like the worst songs by your favourite bands combined.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Go for it. They put on a good show when I saw them(in Texas!) at Paganfest 2008 with Ensiferum, Tyr, and Turisas. Their set was short(they were the opener of the 4 bands, so no surprise) but it was good. I'd not actually listened to them prior to that, but I picked up Slania after the show. And it's not like you'll get a ton of chances to do it again, so I say see em.

As for Opeth, they bore me to tears. It's not that "you have to listen to them 10 times before you realize how great they are", cause I HAVE listened to them, many many times. And they always leave me uninterested and bored.
    Oh what I wouldn't give to have been at that show. I LOVE all of those bands.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    lets see. i love folk metal turisas, korpiklaani, ensiferum to name a few. death metal - nile, carcass, cannibal corpse, behemoth all that good stuff.
    i like all different genres and bands in metal, from HIM to pig destroyer. ofc slayer, metallica, pantera. children of bodom, kamelot, BLIND GUARDIAN \m/, machine head (saw them on december 3rd), devil driver, iron maiden obv. black sabbath. i could go on all day, but i wont :P edit - i forot to mention DARK THRONE
    Last edited by mmoc4844f93dd5; 2011-12-10 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Nightwish- first heard of them when my friend sent me a link from one of their songs End of All Hope and once i heard it i was like :O and i instantly liked them. They have a another singer now instead of Tarja but they're still good and still my number 1 favorite metal band. Also loking forward to their new album coming out, Imaginaerum and their movie Imaginarium.
    2. In Flames- forget when i started listening to them, i think it was when i first listened to the song Take This Life and i was just hooked after that.
    3. Disturbed- I've been listening to them for a while now so i dont really remember when i started listening ot them.
    4. All That Remains- Again i just heard one of their songs from a video and i looked them up and liekd their music.
    5. Deathstars- Heard one of their songs from the game Brutal Legend and i really liked what they made.
    6. Dimmu Borgir- Another Brutal Legend song i heard and ended up liking their stuff.
    7. As I lay Dying- Heard from a video
    8. Judas Priest- I also love 80's metal bands and this one is probably my favorite one.
    9. Lamb of God- Just started liking them recently.
    10. Bullet For My Valentine- I listened to to some of their older songs and liked them but i havent listend to any of their newer stuff so i don't know how they are now. My other friend got me into them.

Those are the only ones i can think of right now. I don't know if you would put down the older stuff from Linkin Park as Metal but if so then yeah them too but definitely not anymore they suck ass now, i used to like them a lot. They turned into a gay punk rock band, NOTHING like how they used to be.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    8. Judas Priest- I also love 80's metal bands and this one is probably my favorite one.
    Pardon me, while I facepalm.

Deleted

Deleted

It has everything!!1!

10+ Year Old Account
    New find!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    whoa, I didn't know they released a new album
    great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Pardon me, while I facepalm.
    oh woops lol i meant to put 70's. Don't worry i know the band was founded in 1970. But most of their songs i listened to were from the mid 80's to 90's like Painkiller's Metal Meltdown one of my all time favorites
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, it's 1968 (or 1969, depending on who you ask). But ye, Painkiller is my favourite Judas Priest album as well (followed by, believe it or not, Jugulator).

Downside to Priest is that pretty much every album has like 2-4 classic songs and then a load of crud. Put together in a live set it's probably all gravy and awesome, but just not a fan of their albums. Oh, and Breaking The Law bloody sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bands which I hope to get CDs of soon.
    Portal
    Disquiet
    Hate
    Mindpath
    Battlecross
    Verreck Attack
    NecrotesticvS
    Adragard
    Through The Eyes Of The Dead
    Forever’s Edge
    The Arkitecht
    Mortal Remains
    Morbus Mortifier
    InSomnius Dei

10+ Year Old Account
    Which Portal?

Deleted
    I've been giving Nasum some much needed attention lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2pMFj5LNuM /headbang like a crazy fool!

i need help to remenber a big thrash metal band from the 80's/90's... i think it's something with H or whatever, it had a style similar to megadeth...

but now that i think about it i'm not sure it started with H >_< anyway... it sounded pretty fast and technical, any ideas?

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Since we're talking about heaviness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYseJrleANI
    I really can't find anything as heavy as Bolt Thrower in Death Metal.
    YOU NEED KRISIUN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbZXrWdV5rk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PftF2yhY_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVlV_ZAArPM

Probably been posted before. Awesome anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post

Probably been posted before. Awesome anyway.
    :3 Hypocrisy

ahhhhh metal!

alright heres mine,

MEGADETH! - being in a family of 6 who loves pop and hip hop sucked until i heard about megadeth, the band that got me into metal! im crazy obsessed with Megadeth, not a song i dont like, dave mustaine is a genius. even their "worst" album isnt that bad and has a few good songs.

Pantera - ive always heard of pantera but never really got into them until the other day, now im listening to them constantly! too bad theyre not around anymore (RIP dime). the album Vulgar display of power got me hooked and im excited to hear more.

Metallica - Obviously with the relation to megadeth and dave mustaine it was hard for me not to check out metallica. while i like megadeth more, Metallica definitely deserves a spot in my top favourite because they have a cool story to the band from back in the 80s and tons of great songs although i havent looked into much past load.

Judas Priest - ....duh judas priest rocks! not much to say because the music tells enough. my favourite priest song is Victim of changes atm and painkiller is pretty sweet.

Protest the hero - im not sure if PTH belongs in here, but who knows anymore with all the different subgenres. pretty cool band, in a way the technicality of the guitars remind me of early megadeth. The whole fortress album is pretty sweet and is the album that got me hooked.

Vio-Lence - More technical thrash metal, pretty cool stuff. check out the eternal nightmare album.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Graafaap View Post
    You get to know some great bands if you listen to Distortion Radio, including:

-
    A Day To Remember
    Of Mice and Men
    Abandon All Ships

Memphis May Fire
    FFDP
    Attack Attack!
    Asking Alexandria
    The Word Alive
    I, The Breather
    Straight Line Stitch
    -

The list could easily go on.
    only circled the ones ive heard of. this is a Metal forum, post metal bands.
    Last edited by velvite; 2011-12-14 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    i need help to remenber a big thrash metal band from the 80's/90's... i think it's something with H or whatever, it had a style similar to megadeth...

but now that i think about it i'm not sure it started with H >_< anyway... it sounded pretty fast and technical, any ideas?[COLOR="red"]
    Fast, technical, late 80's/early 90's thrash, starts with an H, good chance it could be Heathen. Toxik could also qualify if you drop the "H" criteria.

was @ knock-out festival 2011 in karlsruhe, germany last weekend. really great lineup with blind guardian, saxon, grave digger, stratovarius, dragonforce and vodoo circle. if you happen to be in germany next year, i can really recommend that festival ;-)