Thread: [Music] Metal

Looks like it got turned off again though. I could post 3 clips in the Your Year In Music thread just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Looks like it got turned off again though. I could post 3 clips in the Your Year In Music thread just fine.
    Bah. I actually prefered the one-per-post thing. Didn't wreak havoc on my when my ATT throttled down my bandwidth.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

I'd be fine with 2 per post. Think 1 per post was a wee bit restrictive.

Decrepit Birth ftw.

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 03:30 PM ----------

oh, and Terrorizer. Pete Sandoval is such a badass drummer. i heard once that the other guys in Morbid Angel had him listen to a band that used a drum machine and told him that it was a real person drumming faster than him. so he practiced until he could beat the machine.

^Pretty decent Death Metal band
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-04-21 at 02:04 PM.

Hello guys, I'm back after a long time away :P

Anyway, some funeral doom and melodic death metal for ya'all :P

Welcome back, Arch!

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 07:42 PM ----------

Thergothon is excellent. Despite being one of the funeral doom forefathers they're still one of the best.

Thank you Nektar ) !

I didn't actually know this band (Thergothon) until some days ago, but I already like it ^^!

Mechagnome
    Thergothon reminds me...

Although I am not a huge fan of funeral doom (interestingly, I like less extreme doom variants (traditional/epic/death) and more extreme variants (drone/doom, extreme sludge) as well, but not this middle ground) I was familiarising myself with Esoteric and this album is huuuuuge

Not very easily digestible however.

And dat artwork!
    Uldreth <Group Therapy> - Ravencrest EU
    World 141th in 25 man category, 2 days/week, recruiting exceptional players for MoP.

Some of my favorites would be: Mastodon, Between the Buried and Me, We Butter the Bread with Butter, Opeth, Gojira, Scar Symmetry, Arch Enemy. Mastodon being my favorite, Blood Mountain is their best Album in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Thergothon reminds me...

Although I am not a huge fan of funeral doom (interestingly, I like less extreme doom variants (traditional/epic/death) and more extreme variants (drone/doom, extreme sludge) as well, but not this middle ground) I was familiarising myself with Esoteric and this album is huuuuuge

Not very easily digestible however.

And dat artwork!
    The Maniacal Vale is definitely one of my favorite albums, and yeah it's absolutely massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanathan View Post
    We Butter the Bread with Butter
    The second I saw this name I knew it had to be a "-core" band. No other metal genre has that many weird names.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    The second I saw this name I knew it had to be a "-core" band. No other metal genre has that many weird names.
    Sometimes they get too silly (dunno WBTWB but most trve kvlt metalheads seem to hate them) but I do have to say those bands that can do the weird album name/song title/lyrics/band name thing well are actually pretty funny. War From A Harlots Mouth and Ion Dissonance always did very crazy music along with very long, tongue-in-cheek and totally random song titles and lyrics (that still managed to be about something) that imo gives a very unqiue feel to that mathcore scene. Somehow the absurdity and the randomness of them complemented the equally mad music very well.

I am especially loving WFAHM atm, sometimes they get a bit stale/get overwhelmed with breakdowns and staccato chugging but how many other bands do you know that does a mosh breakdown section with sampled machine gun sounds :P
    Last edited by Uldreth; 2012-04-21 at 07:34 PM.
    Uldreth <Group Therapy> - Ravencrest EU
    World 141th in 25 man category, 2 days/week, recruiting exceptional players for MoP.

The Patient
    Taiwanese metal, maybe the most badass chorus I've heard in a while. They sing in a taiwan dialect of chinese (but it doesnt matters, we dont understand most english texts anyway ). Also nice video effects.

We Butter the Bread with Butter
    That has to be one of the more daft band names I've seen in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    That has to be one of the more daft band names I've seen in ages.
    sadly, as ridiculous as that one is, it's not even the worst i've heard. i think Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! takes the blue ribbon.
    also, i've found that there's a very distinct lack of Allegaeon in this thread:

another good one of theirs is "Accelerated Evolution" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZncpO...eature=related
    Last edited by Thalkran; 2012-04-22 at 02:27 AM.

sadly, as ridiculous as that one is, it's not even the worst i've heard.
    In all honesty, I doubt anything will ever top the sheer stupidity of 'Suicidal Winds'. Listen guys, if your farts are that bad, open a window. To quote Bad News "No farting during a band meeting!"

There's tons of completely idiotic band names though... unfortunately.