Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Sigh arrived!

Killing Joke arrived!

Hexvessel on its way!

*boogies*
    Awesome, another Hexvessel fan.

Pure insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    I have to admit I lasted only 7 minutes, I find Dream Theater to be excruciatingly boring.
    I am really not a fan of prog metal like this but I heard Touchstones by Subsignal being praised a lot by progheads and to be honest, what little bits and pieces of listens I gave to that album, it does seem to appeal to me much more than DT so...

Nice to see this being mentioned here. My guitar teacher's band

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure whether or not it'll fit in here, but seeing how they played Roadburn, I'm going with "deal with it".

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 07:11 PM ----------

Blast from the past. Quite literally, I suppose.

Deleted
    Not sure if it was mentioned before, I recommend fans of Kvelertak to check this EP out, although not exactly same genre as Kvelertak (sludge/black metal/rock n roll instead of hardcore/black metal/rock n roll) it has a similiar vibe and is pretty good.

http://takeoveranddestroy.bandcamp.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    "My redemption, lies in your demise" - Randy Blythe, Vocalist of Lamb of God.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Nothing like some good ol' drone metal

This is how I like my folk metal

Deleted
    Nightwish and Sonata Arctica are awesome metal bands

Deleted
    CROW'SCLAW are the gods of instrumental.

Also Demetori
    Last edited by mmoc99db07b8cf; 2012-05-20 at 10:39 AM.

I know I'll get a LOT of hate for this, but I make original metal-dubstep music. It's for fans of both Opeth and Skrillex(do these people exist aside from myself and my circle of rl friends?). Give it a shot. You'll all probably fucking hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2C15...=plpp_play_all

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but all I hear is dubstep. Yeah, over 90% of people here will probably hate it, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's just in the opposite side of the spectrum where metal is. It's like convincing people who only love Coke that Pepsi is better, and the opposite. I say, kudos to you for having the balls to try to unite them, and you obviously have talent, but I feel that even if it can be done which I doubt, one party will always hear the one side that annoys them the most.

Man that sounded way too negative. What I actually meant to say is, obviously it's good, but metalheads at least probably won't like it (at least the purists). Don't worry about them too much though, there are probably many people who will love it.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-05-20 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Sorry but all I hear is dubstep. Yeah, over 90% of people here will probably hate it, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's just in the opposite side of the spectrum where metal is. It's like convincing people who only love Coke that Pepsi is better, and the opposite. I say, kudos to you for having the balls to try to unite them, and you obviously have talent, but I feel that even if it can be done which I doubt, one party will always hear the one side that annoys them the most.

Man that sounded way too negative. What I actually meant to say is, obviously it's good, but metalheads at least probably won't like it (at least the purists). Don't worry about them too much though, there are probably many people who will love it.
    Thanks, man. I agree completely; I feel like metalheads like what they like already and would be hard-pressed to like something new. I grew up as a metalhead, so I feel like I'm "allowed" to say that.

However, I disagree about dubstep being on the opposite end of the spectrum as metal. If you listen to any dubstep song closely enough, it's just metal music played on electronic instruments rather than guitars. Seriously! I think it's a shame that a lot of metal fans don't realize that, but that's the ENTIRE reason I fell in love with dubstep. It's death metal that you can dance to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delevicton View Post
    I know I'll get a LOT of hate for this, but I make original metal-dubstep music. It's for fans of both Opeth and Skrillex(do these people exist aside from myself and my circle of rl friends?). Give it a shot. You'll all probably fucking hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2C15...=plpp_play_all
    Huh, that was actually pretty good considering what I usually hear from amateur producers. I get the feel that isn't your first track, right?
    I'm not really a fan of the music, but the production techniques are pretty good.
    Personally:
    I would add more to the intro(some short sounds to make it more interesting) but it's short so I guess it doesn't matter. Would also fix the stereo image, as in put the bass mono because like this it sounds like it's all over the place.
    The mix sounds kind of messy during the guitar solo part with the snare and stuff.
    I would also tone down some high frequencies, I guess you used some kind of exciter/tape saturation? Or maybe it's from the song you sampled from, can't say I know which metal song it is.
    Generally, I prefer a cleaner mix, but obviously it's hard to get one if you put a metal song in it since all of the not super high production quality metal songs are messy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post

Sometimes I feel like the only Sonata Arctica fan alive. Such an amazing live band.
    We're at least two then

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyzor View Post
    This is how I like my folk metal
    This.... this... is awesome!!! :O:O

I'm a big fan of power/folk metal myself, and i had only heard this band some time ago, and couldnt never find them again.... i genuinely thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turbe View Post
    CROW'SCLAW are the gods of instrumental.
    [video=youtube;sPUeU4ZZw8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPUeU4ZZw8w[video]

Also Demetori
    [video=youtube;JI0jAW7s0YY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI0jAW7s0YY&feature=related[video]
    I like your taste. I haven't been listening to much Demetori recently, but I still love them.

I don't like most "metal-ish" vocals, but I'm fine with stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Huh, that was actually pretty good considering what I usually hear from amateur producers. I get the feel that isn't your first track, right?
    I'm not really a fan of the music, but the production techniques are pretty good.
    Personally:
    I would add more to the intro(some short sounds to make it more interesting) but it's short so I guess it doesn't matter. Would also fix the stereo image, as in put the bass mono because like this it sounds like it's all over the place.
    The mix sounds kind of messy during the guitar solo part with the snare and stuff.

I would also tone down some high frequencies, I guess you used some kind of exciter/tape saturation? Or maybe it's from the song you sampled from, can't say I know which metal song it is.
    Generally, I prefer a cleaner mix, but obviously it's hard to get one if you put a metal song in it since all of the not super high production quality metal songs are messy as hell.
    I actually didn't put any metal song in I play all the guitar and wrote everything. That is NOT a remix. It's an original song I wrote specifically for the genre. Thank you for the feedback, however. I'm always looking to improve my production technique.

Last edited by Kreyzor; 2012-05-21 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delevicton View Post
    I actually didn't put any metal song in I play all the guitar and wrote everything. That is NOT a remix. It's an original song I wrote specifically for the genre. Thank you for the feedback, however. I'm always looking to improve my production technique.
    Well, that's really neat, then.