Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    BadPaladin! 500 bazillion minute long song for you to listen to!
    Will check it out. Sorry; been busy as hell lately

This is new to me. They kinda have a Running Wild sound going on. The vocals took some getting used to, but overall I like it.

Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-08-31 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Been a while since someone posted Nevermore.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Threshold album is out. Phenomenal album and will probably land in my top 3 of this year. Queensryche-oriented prog at its absolute best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galimim View Post
    New Enslaved. Cant wait to hear the new record!
    I listened to it. Got bored to tears. Enslaved really stopped being relevant for me. Much prefer their old days, rather than having everything plastered with those clean vocals and utterly drained of aggression.

Deleted
    I listened to it. Got bored to tears. Enslaved really stopped being relevant for me. Much prefer their old days, rather than having everything plastered with those clean vocals and utterly drained of aggression.
    Did you also think that of Axioma?

'Cause I personally thought it was brilliant, though probably more extreme prog metal than black. Havent heard anything from the newest though and dont feel compelled to check out either.
    Last edited by mmocbbd281298f; 2012-09-03 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't bear listening to it. It was overblown, overly pompous and all round annoying.

Initially, I was quite content with how Vertebrae turned out. I listened to it a lot, but it really is just a very flat album. No depth whatsoever. Give it 4 spins and you've heard all there is to hear. The frustrating bit with Enslaved is that you can still hear the awesome bits in there. It didn't turn into complete shite, it's still quality stuff. It's just bland quality stuff and when you enjoy where they came from, it's so annoying.

To me, things started going south with Mardraum. You could hear them going for a new direction, but they didn't really get it right just yet. Ruun and particularly Vertebrae are where they settled in. I just don't like what they settled in to.

Deleted
    Just wanted to pop in to say I've finally gotten a hold of enough time to properly listen to Ihsahn's Eremita and that it's fantastic. With After being one of my favorite albums ever I didn't think I'd be liking this one nearly as much - but I did. It's not as amazing just yet but I'm expecting it to grow on me like the former did.

I'm always glad to see that there are still newer bands who do stuff like this. I was hooked after listening to the intro alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    20+ minute new Agalloch song

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's go a bit more trve, grimm, kvlt, nekro etc...

Deleted
    Couldn't bear listening to it. It was overblown, overly pompous and all round annoying.

Initially, I was quite content with how Vertebrae turned out. I listened to it a lot, but it really is just a very flat album. No depth whatsoever. Give it 4 spins and you've heard all there is to hear. The frustrating bit with Enslaved is that you can still hear the awesome bits in there. It didn't turn into complete shite, it's still quality stuff. It's just bland quality stuff and when you enjoy where they came from, it's so annoying.

To me, things started going south with Mardraum. You could hear them going for a new direction, but they didn't really get it right just yet. Ruun and particularly Vertebrae are where they settled in. I just don't like what they settled in to.
    That is certainly an... unusual opinion, at least in my experience most blacksters seem to like AEO a lot.

My favourite Enslaved album is probably Isa but I defo adore AEO too.

Unrelated:

10+ Year Old Account
    By contrast, I don't much like Opeth either.

Deleted

Edit: Might as well link the full album and not just 1 song.
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2012-09-06 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Cover time:

Awesome folk metal with influences from Black metal.

It's a 1 man band from Norway, he even does both clean and harsh vocals.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:44 PM ----------

Let's go a bit more trve, grimm, kvlt, nekro etc...

WoW, this is surprisingly good ! I really liked it! MOAR?! ^^

i dont like metal cuz i hear only screams and i cant understand what they r saying

Quote Originally Posted by Samee7a View Post
    i dont like metal cuz i hear only screams and i cant understand what they r saying
    Nice contribution to the thread.

On topic:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samee7a View Post
    Too deep for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been listening to alot of Urfaust lately. Ritual Music for the True Clochard is a true must for every atmospheric black metal fan.