Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    So the new PxDx disk arrived along with new beast by Neurosis. Having given them both a preliminary spin I think my 1st and 2nd spots for album of the year are cemented.

Book Burner kicks some serious ass. It's probably the most accessible Pig Destroyer have ever been while retaining their intensity while diversifying their sound considerably. It really is friggin awesome. Not sure it's my favorite album of theirs but you never know. You can't really judge after just one spin.

Neurosis are Neurosis at the end of the day. They don't actually know how to make a bad record. Album of the year for me no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account

There is nothing greater in music for me when some unknown band creates masterpieces like this. I mean, this goes straight to the top of progressive death metal for me, it is in the company of Death, Gorguts, Edge of Sanity, Sadist, and even Atheist. The whole album is free to download at:

http://kalter.bandcamp.com/album/ubuntu

Give these guys some metal popularity!

That is very awesome
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my fave Septic Flesh album. Pretty much the only one either. The whole atmosphere of that album is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that we are on Septic Flesh, my favourites (still haven't listened to their first albums though, I should go do that):

(That chorus kills me every time)

This band along with Rotting Christ and some others basically created metal in Greece.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-10-30 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varathron? Necromantia? Come on - Rotting Christ and Septic Flesh were far from the only ones coming from Greece.

And I really think Septic Flesh is boring as hell lately, particularly live. So much comes from tape that what they actually play is really bland.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I said among others . But those 2 have the biggest influence here, considering metal popularity. They are/were kinda like Iron Maiden here, while more obscure bands like Nightfall or Naer Mataron and those you mentioned played the more "Mayhem" role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. Greece does have some more accessible bands as well though. But those aren't exactly my sort of music, so I'm far less familiar with them.

And despite what I said above, Septic Flesh has written incredible songs. The one you linked off of Sumerian Daemons would be one such example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad for all the positive feedback for Septic Flesh. They're quite an awesome band. How's this band?

Sadly, the lead singer died in a car accident early 2012 I think. All the good song writers seem to get killed.

Speaking of live bands, I got to see these guys open for Nevermore some years ago and they were stellar live. Haven't payed much attention to their stuff after "Monday Morning Apocalypse" (which I thought was a let down), but their catalog before that is solid:

Oh yeah, and Happy Halloween!

Obligatory Type O Negative song:

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-10-31 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    I'm glad for all the positive feedback for Septic Flesh. They're quite an awesome band. How's this band?
    [snip]Woods of Ypres video[/snip]

Sadly, the lead singer died in a car accident early 2012 I think. All the good song writers seem to get killed.
    There was a discussion on them around the time he died.

I really do not like them. They sound like a more boring version of... Katatonia I think it was.

To me it seemed like all the positive reviews were largely on account of the dude dying rather than the music being stellar.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 11:17 AM ----------

Oh, and happy helloween (no typo )

Dunno if it was brought up earlier, but I just watched Cattle Decapitations "Forced Gender Reassignment" video. What in the holy, or unholy, fuck have I just watched? I'm not linking it, but if you go looking for it it's very much NSFW. Probably the most NSFW thing you can watch sort of a full fledged snuff film.

That said I liked the video. "Monolith of Inhumanity" is a pretty good album as well.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-11-01 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted

Listening to this album while walking on the streets is really fun but I need to resist the urge to headbang and air guitar like every 10th seconds.

Also, new Sylosis really pwns

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this sucks ass http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=181674
    There's no easy way to say this. Mitch passed away earlier this morning from injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident. This is completely devastating to all of us and we offer our deepest condolences to his family. He will be forever in our hearts.

"R.I.P. Mitchell Adam Lucker. We love you, brother.
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of Suicidal Silence. My reaction to the news:

Deleted
    I have a hard time with most of the screaming/"growling" bands as I don't think most of them can pull it off. Most of them sound like they're puking or grunting pigs, and there's the whiny scream that I hate (BMTH "pukes") I get a bit annoyed when I hear a band with great instrumentals and then the awful singer joins in! So I tend to listen to only Instrumental metal or instrumental versions of the songs.

But hey, that's just my opinion!

"Edit" If anyone knows some good instrumental stuff please post it.

for lols
    Last edited by mmoce2909da7c2; 2012-11-02 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galimim View Post
    Myeah, especially that the guy left behind a wife and a young daughter.

28 is way too young.

Deleted