Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    I have a hard time with most of the screaming/"growling" bands as I don't think most of them can pull it off. Most of them sound like they're puking or grunting pigs, and there's the whiny scream that I hate (BMTH "pukes") I get a bit annoyed when I hear a band with great instrumentals and then the awful singer joins in! So I tend to listen to only Instrumental metal or instrumental versions of the songs.

But hey, that's just my opinion!

"Edit" If anyone knows some good instrumental stuff please post it.

Deleted
    I have a hard time with most of the screaming/"growling" bands as I don't think most of them can pull it off. Most of them sound like they're puking or grunting pigs, and there's the whiny scream that I hate (BMTH "pukes") I get a bit annoyed when I hear a band with great instrumentals and then the awful singer joins in! So I tend to listen to only Instrumental metal or instrumental versions of the songs.

But hey, that's just my opinion!

"Edit" If anyone knows some good instrumental stuff please post it.
    I probably post this band way too often, but what can I say? I just love The Chasm.

Quote Originally Posted by galimim View Post
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=181724

Glad he only killed himself and didn't take anyone with him. Still, his wife and daughter get to suffer for his bad choices. Hard to feel sorry for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKymnQ4CmjM for lols
    That is quite possibly the most awesome thing on the entire Internet.

Here is an awesome metal-ish version of Robotnik's theme from a Sonic game
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-11-03 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=181724

Glad he only killed himself and didn't take anyone with him. Still, his wife and daughter get to suffer for his bad choices. Hard to feel sorry for him.
    I totally agree with you. Hope his death makes at least one person to reconsider drinking and driving.
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

10+ Year Old Account
    To lighten up the thread, some killer stuff of the past days:

Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-11-05 at 11:14 PM.

Old, but still good. It's a shame these guys haven't been around in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account

Doom/sludge with female singers...
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

This is pushing it a bit compared to the other stuff in this thread, but I think it fits here. They call themselves a "hybrid metal trance band" and are from Japan. Pretty interesting. If you look through some of their songs, you will hear a LOT of Dark Tranquillity influence. A good thing imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    This is pushing it a bit compared to the other stuff in this thread, but I think it fits here. It's a Japanese "hybrid metal trance" band as they call themselves. Pretty interesting. If you look through some of their songs, you will hear a LOT of Dark Tranquillity influence. A good thing imo.
    Haha.
    Very poppy stuff but it is extremely fun to listen to :>

This band is similiar but is less gimmicky, so I like it less since I only like these as a gimmick really. But still and enjoyable listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Haha.
    Very poppy stuff but it is extremely fun to listen to :>

This band is similiar but is less gimmicky, so I like it less since I only like these as a gimmick really. But still and enjoyable listen.
    Nice. I agree with you that they sound a bit poppy. Still, I am a HUGE Dark Tranquillity fan and love anything that sounds remotely like them. I don't hear it in the vocals as much obviously, but I hear a lot of Dark Tranquillity influence as far as their general sound. Apparently, they cite Dark Tranquillity as one of their major influences.

I felt kinda funny going straight from Demolition Hammer (brutal, up in your face thrash) to something like Blood Stain Child last night.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-11-06 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I felt kinda funny going straight from Demolition Hammer (brutal, up in your face thrash) to something like Blood Stain Child last night.
    Yeah I do that some tims as well, going from Ion Dissonance to something tame like instrumental post-rock or synthpop is quite weird. But hey, I like soft-harsh dynamics so why not.

Unrelated and not necessarily just for you:

I don't remember if me or anyone else posted this yet or not but this is a really nice instrumental ambidjent album that sometimes also gives off a kinda post-metal like ambience and frankly is damn epic:

Moreover, the album can be freely downloaded from their bandcamp page! Gogo check it out.

Also, if we are talking about 2012 djent albums, this one hell of a cockblaster needs to be mentioned:

Deleted

Deleted
    The atmosphere on this album, truly amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Been trying to get a hold of And So The Night Became. It's completely impossible =/

Really good folky BM

10+ Year Old Account
    I melted Hail Wind... back in 2008, excellent band.

New Incantation is in sights:

Give me this and new Finsterforst and I can die happy.

Preview:
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-11-10 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this made my day:

Man, at his age I had just discovered Iron Maiden and the whole 80's metal movement just before I became a black metal hipster teen, and he's talking about sludge/post like someone who has been listening to those genres for years. Subscribed instantly.