Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the new Abigor is legit.

Can't believe this slipped under my radar, great sci-fi tech death slightly reminiscent of Gorguts.

edit: oh they used Colin Marston, I was wondering why it sounded similar to Colored Sands.

- - - Updated - - -

Overkill, the most consistent thrash band ever?

It's better than Ironbound and Electric Age in my opinion, really heavy and rifftastic thrash.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't handle so much great new stuff in one day.

I stumbled upon this gem while browsing the Necros Christos page. Almost as good as the new Dead Congregation (which is AOTY for me), probably a 8 or 9/10 record.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-07-30 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    That's god damn awesome. Don't usually like this sort of metal, but theres so many positives..

Lead vocals are great, she's really hot, I love the beat and tempo and of course...the drummers beard is epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

10+ Year Old Account
    My album of the year just came out:

Wovenwar

Holy shit it's amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rebslack View Post
    That's god damn awesome. Don't usually like this sort of metal, but theres so many positives..

Lead vocals are great, she's really hot, I love the beat and tempo and of course...the drummers beard is epic.
    Their new album came out today if you wanna check out more.

10+ Year Old Account

New Mournful Congregation EP. Great funeral doom.

Deleted
    New Slipknot is awesome.
    can't wait for the album.

Still a little worried about In Flames, but I'm sure they'll deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is interested in the Wovenwar album it can be streamed here:

http://metalblade.com/wovenwar/

Like I said: Album of the year for me.

New Eluveitie is very sexy. Already picked that one up.

I'm a little excited about In Flames as well. Liked their old sound better (as in the stuff up to and including Clayman), but I also loved Reroute to Remain and the newer stuff.

I'm looking forward to the next Nightwish album more than anything else now. They've pretty consistently been in my top 5 favorite bands since....like forever. Sometime in the late 90's is when I first discovered them. I'll be interested to see how things sound with the new lineup. Also....that's a fucking sweet cabin they're using.

Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-03 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

New Noctiferia is good!
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    My album of the year just came out:

Wovenwar

Holy shit it's amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Their new album came out today if you wanna check out more.
    Aye, I picked it up. Really enjoying their sound.

The new Slipknot track doesn't do anything for me at all. I'm slightly disappointed with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Can't believe this slipped under my radar, great sci-fi tech death slightly reminiscent of Gorguts.
    Never understood the thing about multiple string voiced dissonant chords on top of more dissonant chords, with a lot of distortion. Some of it can sound really good if used at the right time, but when that's the majority of the song, it just loses all of it's effect, and to me, just becomes a wall of ugly chords.

Probably also the reason why I think the two first Gorguts albums are way better than Obscura and their later albums.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Just started listening to this band a few months ago, I'm am very much enjoying every bit of them. They are a new younger band that is signed with Metal Blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure everyone's top 10 this year will look completely different.

That Reek album sounds really good. Modern Thrash that doesn't suck, always nice

They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    That Reek album sounds really good. Modern Thrash that doesn't suck, always nice
    There's plenty of excellent modern thrash around. The problem is that all the good bands are a lot smaller and lesser known than the supposedly big thrash bands from the 90's etc.

I can go on and on but you get the idea.

Have heard most of those before. There is some good modern Thrash yes, but the majority are just mediocre Slayer/Exodus clones imo.
    Holyfury armory

New Pallbearer is streaming over at Pitchfork. Check it out.

Damn. His position as the band's drummer shouldn't be too difficult to replace, but it sucks when this happens to someone who has been there since the beginning. They seem to talk like it will just be a temporary thing. Still looks like he's at least going to be out for the new album's recording and the tour following it.