I highly recommend the new albums by
    Abbath, Fleshgod Apocalypse, & Cauldron

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMonktana View Post
    I highly recommend the new albums by
    Abbath, Fleshgod Apocalypse, & Cauldron
    New Fleshgod was alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think they're first few records are legitimately good Melodeath.

The Crusher, The Avenger, With Oden on Our Side and Vs. The World are great 8/10 albums in my opinion. Some great burners on those- I am looking forward to Amon Amarth playing at least a few songs off any of those records. Perhaps "The Sound of Eight Hooves" or "God, His Son & Holy Whore".

I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of Jomsviking though.
    Assuming it's their better material, it's just fucking amazing when bands play their early stuff live. I went absolutely insane when Soilwork played The Chainheart Machine and when At the Gates played Windows.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think the new song is fantastic. It keeps in line with their usual work, but also tweaks it a bit. Looking forward to an album that tells a story, hoping the concert runs through the whole thing. And to see them with Sabaton? So nice. I saw Sabaton open for Nightwish and damned if those dudes didn't rock the fucking place out. I loooove Sabaton after seeing them live. They are the real deal, totally into their music. It was great stuff.

They have Entomed A.D. and Exmortus opening, which is 'OK'. But if it was Sabaton? Dude...fucking rad. Sabaton+Nightwish is still the best show I've seen in my life. Same venue I have booked for AA, it's small and the sound is so good. I just saw tool at an arena show and fuck that. Big venues are just terrible for sound and engagement. I don't ever want to see a band in a large venue again. I'm all about the up front and personal sound.

Luckily we have VIP tickets for AA so we'll be right there, in a tiny packed place, to hear how awesome it is. I just do not understand the appeal of 'stadium rock' these days. It's garbage compared to shows in tight spaces.
    Yeah man Sabaton are awesome live. Their lead singer just fuckin loves to tour too. AA was the first metal show I'd been too and I'm def going again when they come through this year.

Just so people know, this entire EP is completely amazing.

So... there's a new track for Cobalt streaming. Also, why am I the only one in this thread for the past week? o.O

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...alt-beast-whip

Because I haven't really listened to anything new since the new Fleshgod album came out. I finally took the time to go back in Old Man Gloom's catalog to listen to Meditations in B and the Seminars, which have been in quite heavy rotation for me since then, but aside from that I haven't kept up with new releases.

The new Obscura is on my list, but considering how the promo singles sounded I'm afraid to even start that one.
    /blog off

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    So... there's a new track for Cobalt streaming. Also, why am I the only one in this thread for the past week? o.O

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...alt-beast-whip
    I'm in the army (till August) and I haven't got much free time. I only listened to a couple new releases like Rotting Christ (bland) , Oranssi Pazuzu (good but didn't wow me) and Cthe'list (floored me).

Cauldron is the best damn clean vocals metal band I've heard in a while
    https://open.spotify.com/album/69ajXd1iVQb4bM0c5OwROI

Sounds like Scorpions stole Silversun Pickups singer, I LOVE IT!

Not as good as All Fours, but it does have its moments. Might grow on me, just like All Fours. I think the more upfront production and screams that carry more of the vocalist's voice made their latest album more enjoyable for me.

Oh yeah be sure to follow @TRVEMETAL on twitter if you use twitter, it's my metal account where I post all things metal

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post

Not as good as All Fours, but it does have its moments. Might grow on me, just like All Fours. I think the more upfront production and screams that carry more of the vocalist's voice made their latest album more enjoyable for me.
    Listened to both of them. For some reason it seems like a band that should appeal to me, but it just doesn't grab me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Listened to both of them. For some reason it seems like a band that should appeal to me, but it just doesn't grab me.
    That's how I also felt about them at first. They had what it takes for me to like them, but their music didn't immediately make me come back to it. They might grow on you as well.

Anyone liking the new Rotting Christ? Personally think it is pretty decent but nothing groundbreaking I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Anyone liking the new Rotting Christ? Personally think it is pretty decent but nothing groundbreaking I'm afraid.
    I'm a big fan of the band. But that's more or less my opinion too. A little bland, not awful though. Just eh.

I'm a big fan of the band. But that's more or less my opinion too. A little bland, not awful though. Just eh.
    Agreed, it's not really bad just a little bland. Like I have heard it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Agreed, it's not really bad just a little bland. Like I have heard it all before.
    Yea, I reather liked or at the least was interested when RC would do stuff that was a little more experimental or have looser compositions to the songs. Like a lot of Theogonia or Aealo- which I don't think were 10 out of 10s either, but I felt it was a lot more interesting than Rituals or Kata Ton Aaimona Eaytoy. The latter of which I though was better still than Rituals in the very least for it's faster and more ragged style atop the more overt use of melody they were working since Khronos.

Just come back from seeing Machine fucking Head.

Gig of the year so far.
    Awesomesauceome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

Can not FUCKING wait to see Enforcer live.

Was listening to their whole discography at work today. Started thrashing so hard to Beyond the Slumber that my hair knocked the phone, several papers and my coke off the desk. Was a mess but I just shrugged and went harder till the song ended.

So good.

Can not FUCKING wait to see Enforcer live.

Was listening to their whole discography at work today. Started thrashing so hard to Beyond the Slumber that my hair knocked the phone, several papers and my coke off the desk. Was a mess but I just shrugged and went harder till the song ended.

So good.
    I work in an open plan office, I'd get some interesting stares if I rocked out that hard.

I do minor headbanging though when I'm getting into it, it's also when I code the fastest!