Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mapped out some of the shows we will are planning on seeing from January to May.

- Amon Amarth in May
    - At the Drive In in May
    - Chelsea Wolfe in March
    - Slayer & Carcass in February
    - Cryptopsy in February
    - Deafheaven & Lamb of God this weekend
    - Helloween in March
    - Iron Maiden in April
    - Megadeth in March
    - Napalm Death in April
    - Sleep in February
    - Obituary in February
    - Skeletonwitch & Tribulation in April
    - Behemoth in April
    Adding to this, we are now also seeing Conan next month. I'm pretty excited.

Deleted

Interesting stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh....just got my tickets to Amon Amarth in a pretty small venue. Maybe since the next album is concept or whatever, they'll just play it straight through. That would be pretty rad. One of the bands I still haven't seen live yet. Such excite.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ahh....just got my tickets to Amon Amarth in a pretty small venue. Maybe since the next album is concept or whatever, they'll just play it straight through. That would be pretty rad. One of the bands I still haven't seen live yet. Such excite.
    What did you think of the new song? I love AA, saw them in 2014 when they came here with Sabaton.

for those who haven't heard it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    What did you think of the new song? I love AA, saw them in 2014 when they came here with Sabaton.
    That's pretty damn awesome. I love Amon Amarth but suck at keeping up with news. I wasn't aware they had a new album in the works. Something else to look forward to. I can't recall any Amon Amarth content I didn't like.

Also, I found this amusing, and now I will be disappointed if the new album doesn't have a Hot Pockets reference somewhere on it.

Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-02-06 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

I think the new song is fantastic. It keeps in line with their usual work, but also tweaks it a bit. Looking forward to an album that tells a story, hoping the concert runs through the whole thing. And to see them with Sabaton? So nice. I saw Sabaton open for Nightwish and damned if those dudes didn't rock the fucking place out. I loooove Sabaton after seeing them live. They are the real deal, totally into their music. It was great stuff.

They have Entomed A.D. and Exmortus opening, which is 'OK'. But if it was Sabaton? Dude...fucking rad. Sabaton+Nightwish is still the best show I've seen in my life. Same venue I have booked for AA, it's small and the sound is so good. I just saw tool at an arena show and fuck that. Big venues are just terrible for sound and engagement. I don't ever want to see a band in a large venue again. I'm all about the up front and personal sound.

Luckily we have VIP tickets for AA so we'll be right there, in a tiny packed place, to hear how awesome it is. I just do not understand the appeal of 'stadium rock' these days. It's garbage compared to shows in tight spaces.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I do feel Amon Amarth are a bit of a one trick pony.
    They have a few standout songs that hold their own easily but its all a bit samey to me. Couldn't listen to three of their albums back to back is what I'm saying.

Great live mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghost for the second time in as many months on Tuesday then Machine Head on the following Sunday and Tesseract in the week.
    Decent.

I'm seeing Amon Amarth in May. Should be fun- I think they're a funsy band. Like White Wizzard, Manowar or Rigor Mortis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'm seeing Amon Amarth in May. Should be fun- I think they're a funsy band. Like White Wizzard, Manowar or Rigor Mortis.
    Seeing them in April. Hoping for a whole playthrough for their new concept work. Should be fun, for sure.
    BAD WOLF

Seeing them in April. Hoping for a whole playthrough for their new concept work. Should be fun, for sure.
    I think they're first few records are legitimately good Melodeath.

The Crusher, The Avenger, With Oden on Our Side and Vs. The World are great 8/10 albums in my opinion. Some great burners on those- I am looking forward to Amon Amarth playing at least a few songs off any of those records. Perhaps "The Sound of Eight Hooves" or "God, His Son & Holy Whore".

I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of Jomsviking though.

I highly recommend the new albums by
    Abbath, Fleshgod Apocalypse, & Cauldron

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the new song is fantastic. It keeps in line with their usual work, but also tweaks it a bit. Looking forward to an album that tells a story, hoping the concert runs through the whole thing. And to see them with Sabaton? So nice. I saw Sabaton open for Nightwish and damned if those dudes didn't rock the fucking place out. I loooove Sabaton after seeing them live. They are the real deal, totally into their music. It was great stuff.

They have Entomed A.D. and Exmortus opening, which is 'OK'. But if it was Sabaton? Dude...fucking rad. Sabaton+Nightwish is still the best show I've seen in my life. Same venue I have booked for AA, it's small and the sound is so good. I just saw tool at an arena show and fuck that. Big venues are just terrible for sound and engagement. I don't ever want to see a band in a large venue again. I'm all about the up front and personal sound.

Luckily we have VIP tickets for AA so we'll be right there, in a tiny packed place, to hear how awesome it is. I just do not understand the appeal of 'stadium rock' these days. It's garbage compared to shows in tight spaces.
    Yeah man Sabaton are awesome live. Their lead singer just fuckin loves to tour too. AA was the first metal show I'd been too and I'm def going again when they come through this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so people know, this entire EP is completely amazing.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    So... there's a new track for Cobalt streaming. Also, why am I the only one in this thread for the past week? o.O

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...alt-beast-whip

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    So... there's a new track for Cobalt streaming. Also, why am I the only one in this thread for the past week? o.O

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...alt-beast-whip
    I'm in the army (till August) and I haven't got much free time. I only listened to a couple new releases like Rotting Christ (bland) , Oranssi Pazuzu (good but didn't wow me) and Cthe'list (floored me).

Cauldron is the best damn clean vocals metal band I've heard in a while
    https://open.spotify.com/album/69ajXd1iVQb4bM0c5OwROI

Sounds like Scorpions stole Silversun Pickups singer, I LOVE IT!

Oh yeah be sure to follow @TRVEMETAL on twitter if you use twitter, it's my metal account where I post all things metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post

Not as good as All Fours, but it does have its moments. Might grow on me, just like All Fours. I think the more upfront production and screams that carry more of the vocalist's voice made their latest album more enjoyable for me.
    Listened to both of them. For some reason it seems like a band that should appeal to me, but it just doesn't grab me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone liking the new Rotting Christ? Personally think it is pretty decent but nothing groundbreaking I'm afraid.