Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Starting to get real tired of pickpockets at gigs.
    Second time on Gojira I've had my wallet nicked, plucked of cash and chucked through the air.

Getting to the point where I'm considering going in my pants to avoid getting stuff nicked.

Festivals in France are a nightmare for it right now.

That blows, sorry to hear it

Edit: New Myrkur is gooooood. There's only 1 proper BM track on the whole LP but there is plenty of BM influences throughout the rest. A complete 180 as far as quality from her previous work
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2017-09-18 at 09:13 PM.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Deleted
    Myrkur is some weird stuff, enjoying it a lot.

New machine head coming out soon-ish. No Kurt Balou producing it though...

Here's WITTRs new album in its entirety. I really like it overall, my only complaint is that the production isn't the greatest. It's missing the heavy sound and atmosphere that their previous work had - the songs themselves are great though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Starting to get real tired of pickpockets at gigs.
    Second time on Gojira I've had my wallet nicked, plucked of cash and chucked through the air.

Getting to the point where I'm considering going in my pants to avoid getting stuff nicked.

Festivals in France are a nightmare for it right now.
    That really sucks. I think it is a problem everywhere though, I've been reading about large amounts of nicked smartphones on festivals in Holland as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Edit: New Myrkur is gooooood. There's only 1 proper BM track on the whole LP but there is plenty of BM influences throughout the rest. A complete 180 as far as quality from her previous work
    I was convinced I wouldn't like it but I have to say it positively surprised me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashborer View Post

Here's WITTRs new album in its entirety. I really like it overall, my only complaint is that the production isn't the greatest. It's missing the heavy sound and atmosphere that their previous work had - the songs themselves are great though.
    I disagree, actually. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's a very pure production. Not unlike what you'd see in the 70s or so, plug, play and record. I think it suits them far better than so many processed productions we get nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

I really disliked Myrkur's previous release. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the new album. It stopped being pure plagiarism and is music in its own right. And all the more interesting because of it.

The new Chelsea Wolfe is amazing btw.

And I just heard that this fine gentleman is making a new record:

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Wolves in the Throne Room album is indeed great. I really like the clean production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the new WittR is surprisingly great, they still got it. Their third best album imo.

edit: WittR was linked already so here's some new motherfucking Aosoth.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-09-22 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted

melodic death/black

Still have to listen to the entire album but sounds good so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Just when I thought sludge died

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Speaking of Aosoth, VI's De Praestigiis Daemonum is getting a vinyl re-release with a remaster by M. of Mgla.
    https://agoniarecords.bandcamp.com/a...igiis-daemonum
    Just ordered the gold one, thanks for the heads up.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account

New band from Romania, I really like them so far, hope they can keep it up, they're at the very beginning of their journey :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello I'm death metal aoty

Any Evilfeast fans here? Got recommendations for similar stuff? lo-fi stuff with tons of synths, cant get enough of it. Doesn't have to be super lo-fi, I'm just not a huge fan of very clean sounding BM

btw the new Yellow eyes is pretty good, the full album leaked not too long ago and ive given it a few listens

10+ Year Old Account
    No one talking about new Satyricon? I think it is actually a pretty decent album. Surprised me positively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for people who don't love the last three or so garbage albums to pipe up. I fucking loathe anything past Volcano. So much so that for a while it retroactively removed any joy from their older albums and Thorns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit torn regarding Satyricon. I never really know whether I like it or not. Volcano was okay but it was in my opinion already worse than Rebel Extravaganza, and definitely worse than the older work. Satyricon sounds really polished nowadays, it doesn't have the grimy sound it used to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made us a lyrics video. And apparently the version I posted here earlier (the one you said was the better version, goriq), was the version we did use in the end.