Thread: [Music] Metal

Page 2 of 463 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Then it's unlikely you know a lot of metalheads or "people who listen to metal"
    Most metalheads know them, most metalheads hate them, as they should.
    Wait, so you're saying everyone should abide by your personal opinions and your personal dislikes about the band.. for what, your satisfaction? Because you don't like them?

Opeth. Nothing more to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood
    Wait, so you're saying everyone should abide by your personal opinions and your personal dislikes about the band.. for what, your satisfaction? Because you don't like them? Get real, troll.
    It's hardly just my opinion, it's the opinion of the majority of metalheads because they know the difference between good and bad music.
    People like you are always amusing, because you get offended because someone tells you your favorite band sucks. But I'm not trolling, I'm just stating the facts.
    Honestly, care less about what people say, and get over it when people tell you they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    It's hardly just my opinion, it's the opinion of the majority of metalheads because they know the difference between good and bad music.
    People like you are always amusing, because you get offended because someone tells you your favorite band sucks. But I'm not trolling, I'm just stating the facts.
    Honestly, care less about what people say, and get over it when people tell you they suck.
    Yet, there you go again. You're using self-opinions. They aren't facts. I'd suggest googling the definition of "Fact".

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood
    Yet, there you go again. You're using self-opinions. They aren't facts. I'd suggest googling the definition of "Fact". Or, getting your high-school diploma.
    It's a nice attempt at being witty.
    But since you don't have metalheads friends, you don't know the situation in the metalhead communities.
    I do, however, and a lot of people hate them, which is a fact.

Most people who like them barely even listen to metal, and thus cannot be considered metalheads.

Inflames, Black Label Society(kinda, genre is disputable as well),Dethklok,Dream Theater, Equilibrium, Hypocrisy, Pain, Sybreed......

List goes on and on...

I generally enjoy more of a melodic kinda feel to the music I listen to, yet I love great guitar riffs and double kick.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Necrophagist

Spawn of Possession

Psycroptic

Blotted Science

The Faceless (Planetary Duality)

Me LikEz

Old Sepultura - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwK8vEZFlL4
    Soulfly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQMX-NQcbmE
    Cavalera Conspiracy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIj3kpPYh1M
    (yeah I know... they are liek the same with the same singer :3)

Machine Head - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPFPRSZDXp0
    (really epic band IMO)

In Flames - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPVuef4zztU
    Killswitch Engage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJLRomwvJr4
    Ill Niño - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL9YRB4sgG4

+ a bit less - Slipknot, KoRn, Limp Bizkit, System of a Down (yeah I know they aren't 100% metal :3)

I think I like like most of metal, even things like limp bizkit :P I just need to listen to them some itme... But I don't have enough money to buy all CD's so I stick to this bands xD. Probably I'll get flamed a bit becouse I like Limp Bizkit ;D.

Oh and when I have really crazy day I like to listen to Behemoth too (anyone know them? Cool band from Poland) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wotaEqL2mzI (I was on their concert one time :3)

The term "metalhead" got ruined when everything somehow got a label and when a group of people decided it was a good idea to have personal tastes fit into certain categories.

Just enjoy what you enjoy and if you dont, respect what others like without calling them metalheads or not. It's music. Whether you watch anime, listen to some emo band or listen to most guttural, dark music ever made, it's a matter of personal taste.

Most "metalheads" dont listen to Jazz or Blues therefore they don't respect their roots. They think being hardcore means bashing on Cannibal Corpse or some other band for not being hard enough. Grow up, gentlemen. Be civil.

Also, people should stop listening to music to create some sort of image for themselves. A lot of people stopped listening to music just for fun and enjoyment a long time ago, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Flying_Dog
    I think I like like most of metal, even things like limp bizkit :P. Probably I'll get flames becouse of this a bit ;D.
    I used to love Limp Bizkit and I still listen to them every now and then. For some reason I enjoy their "Results May Vary" era even though Wes was not with them and Fred is really not the best singer, but I feel the album had a better flow. I'm very much looking forward to "Gold Cobra".

Im not a huge fan of calling certain bands metalcore, and hardcore, or death metal. Its all music to me.

August Burns Red
    Parkway Drive
    Asking Alexandria (band from England, Highly Highly Highly recommend)
    A Day To Remember
    underOATH
    Attack Attack!
    Enter Shikari
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Broadway
    Bring Me The Horizon
    Protest The Hero
    Every Time I Die
    Sea of Treachery

Its all good stuff

Well, I were starting mostly like others - Iron Maiden, Metallica... Classics

But I need to add few more to my very favourite list:

Katatonia - wonder why none posted it yet :O
    Kreator
    Arch Enemy - Female growling? Hell Yeah! ;D
    Alestorm - As someone before me said: Metal + pirates = win
    Amon Amarth - as same person said: metal + vikings = even more win ;D
    Illidiance - I've discovered them by an accident on myspace, and I love 'em since then!
    Killswitch Engage
    Korpiklaani - folk metal in it's best <3
    Rhapsody / Rhapsody Of Fire - my favourite power metal band, it's just awesome.
    Behemoth - I am polish, so they are - I'm proud!

But I'm not listening only to the metal, I'm total music addict, I'm listening to ANY music, if only it's GOOD music, so ya can heard in my room very different genres... Mostly from rock / metal family, but also much of reggae (not only roots, but also dub, raggamuffin, dancehall, sometimes even dubstep), some rap & hip-hop, some r'n'b, but also some club music (mostly trance, sometimes some electro / house)...

But yeah, metal is what I love most, I also got long hair (not only because of music prefferences, but I'm sure I look better this way xP)

PS: sorry for my english ^^"

15+ Year Old Account

Megadeth!

30 Seconds to Mars
    Fall Out Boy
    Hawthorne Heights

Quote Originally Posted by Scar9
    Korpiklaani - folk metal in it's best <3
    I fucking LOVE Korpiklaani

"Man can go even through the grey stone" is possibly my favorite song just cause of the percussion

I'll try to stick with 5 here...

Saint Vitus
    Winter
    Electric Wizard
    Reverend Bizarre
    Cathedral
    Deathevokation
    Evoken

Yes I have long hair. Honestly I wore my hair long before I even knew what metal was. :P

Katatonia - wonder why none posted it yet :O
    I'm not really sure they're even metal at this point. Dance of December Souls and the like are awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    I fucking LOVE Korpiklaani

"Man can go even through the grey stone" is possibly my favorite song just cause of the percussion
    I stopped listening to that song purely of the lyrics :/.

Anywayz

#1: Insomnium. Melo Death as it shoild be!
    #2: Everything else. No seriously.

I always listen music in phases. I had a Dagoba-phase while I played Lost Odyssey an Suikoden Tierkreis DS alot. So everytim I hear it, it brings back memories. Usually after I get a new album or are going to a concert of that band in a few days/weeks.

I'm not in a phase currently but apart from most melo death I listen to some death, grind, black, doom, ambient and lots moar. Just check: www.last.fm/user/Yggdrassil.

As a side note, Ummonijg kicks ass, I got 5-6 albums and none of em are bad, they all got a very distinctive sound, awesome atmosphere and very memorable imo.
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    I stopped listening to that song purely of the lyrics :/.
    I find the lyrics fun...of course VERY repetitive but easy to sing along to when you're out drinking with your buddies which is what Korpiklaani is awesome for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    I find the lyrics fun...of course VERY repetitive but easy to sing along to when you're out drinking with your buddies which is what Korpiklaani is awesome for.
    I whole heartedly agree with this. Korpiklaani is often disliked because people try to take them seriously. They're quite fun to listen to, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    I'll try to stick with 5 here...

Saint Vitus
    Winter
    Electric Wizard
    Reverend Bizarre
    Cathedral
    Deathevokation
    Evoken

Yes I have long hair. Honestly I wore my hair long before I even knew what metal was. :P
    Wow, a doom fan, people like you are rare outside of metal forums.
    I personally love Warning, Shape of Despair(Gothic, I know ) and Nortt most.
    Though I do like me some Ahab, Skepticism, Cult of Luna(They're kind of sludgy) and Forgotten Tomb, too.

If you haven't heard one of those, you should, though they're all pretty well known, so I doubt you don't know them.