Thread: [Music] Metal

Page 5 of 270 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
55
105
... LastLast
  1. #81

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Narridar
    I Killed the Prom Queen - The sound that they emit is godly.
    Job for a Cowboy - They are nucking futs.
    The Black Dahlia Murder - I mean have you ever listened to their lyrics?
    I thought this thread was about music, not noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

  2. #82

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonstroodle
    But no, Jairbreaux, not all real metal heads are elitists. Just the kids pretending to be "hardcore metal heads" so they can feel special are. They're easy to tell apart. The posers are the ones that don't even listen to classic rock because it's not "br00tal" enough.
    I like this part a lot. As you say, there are lots of "metalheads" who will only listen to anything with a 200 bpm doublebass, blastbeats and powerchords and instantly bash on anything that's not. Sadly these darken our metal community as much as the "new generation" of pop-metal-core, or also called "screamo". I have a class-mate of mine in my ensemble group who only listen to metalcore and screamo and honestly, every band sounds the same. Same style of riffs, same song structure, same type of vocal, same dark, saddening lyrics, all over.

    Metal used to be something new and inspring, something that always pushed the edges and drew new lines. Pantera pushed the lines, Alice Cooper pushed the lines, Iron Maiden pushed the lines, while most of these new bands just sit comfortly in the mainstream money-rolling business.

    Music is too much about image and "coolness" instead of being music, too many people look away from the soul of music to look at the face of music. It saddens me a great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

  3. #83

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonstroodle
    I've been into rock of all forms for ages now, but I usually gravitate towards metal primarily because my main "hobby" is the collection/watching of horror movies. I especially enjoy tracking down rare flicks, and the more "brutal" films as well. So, naturally, I like music with horror-inspired lyrics. My all-time favorite musician is still, and will probably always be Alice Cooper.

    Given that, with regards to metal, 95% of what I listen to is gory, nasty stuff.

    Guttural Secrete http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvU8j_Zsef0
    Gorerotted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kciiQX7xJzc
    Bloodbath http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGPvsKzrRi8
    Devourment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmfbhxYj2s
    Being Killed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af4dDAkTXoA
    Defeated Sanity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YauCNkGaC8

    Anywho, the one thing I don't like about metal is the "community" these days. People are too busy classifying metal and hating it based on that classification that it's ridiculous. Music should never be so nerdy. If it rocks, listen to it. If it doesn't, toss it. Don't say "Well, it's deathcore, so it sucks!" Who the hell cares! Good music is good music.

    But no, Jairbreaux, not all real metal heads are elitists. Just the kids pretending to be "hardcore metal heads" so they can feel special are. They're easy to tell apart. The posers are the ones that don't even listen to classic rock because it's not "br00tal" enough.
    Sounds pretty elitist to me, correcting me and calling kids posers.
    http://www.last.fm/user/jairbreaux

    Fact: The majority of WoW players have horrible taste in music.
    Proof: http://www.mmo-champion.com/music/

    8)

  4. #84

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jairbreaux
    Sounds pretty elitist to me, correcting me and calling kids posers.
    the kids =/= all kids.

    Saying he's "elitist" is wrong, since he's not. He also didn't correct you, he merely said that it's not like you think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

  5. #85

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    the kids =/= all kids.

    Saying he's "elitist" is wrong, since he's not. He also didn't correct you, he merely said that it's not like you think it is.
    Sounds pretty elitist to me. I'm not saying it is but you're not helping the cause.
    http://www.last.fm/user/jairbreaux

    Fact: The majority of WoW players have horrible taste in music.
    Proof: http://www.mmo-champion.com/music/

    8)

  6. #86

    Re: Metal

    Anaal Nathrakh, Gorgoroth, Urfaust, Dimmu Borgir(Mostly the old stuff), Aborted, 1349, Behemoth and so on. The more noise, the better.

  7. #87

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination
    Anaal Nathrakh, Gorgoroth, Urfaust, Dimmu Borgir(Mostly the old stuff), Aborted, 1349, Behemoth and so on. The more noise, the better.
    Wow how could I forget about Aborted, I haven't heard that name since 9th grade.
    http://www.last.fm/user/jairbreaux

    Fact: The majority of WoW players have horrible taste in music.
    Proof: http://www.mmo-champion.com/music/

    8)

  8. #88

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jairbreaux
    Sounds pretty elitist to me. I'm not saying it is but you're not helping the cause.
    You have to know the line between being elitist and being heavily interested in a subject. Most of the new music is poorly made and represented by listeners that don't listen to music, they just hear it without really paying full attention to it. At that point it's just like collecting trading cards, the bands you listen to are your cards and then you compare them to others to see who has the "coolest" cards.

    It's very rarely about the actual music anymore. This is a fact as our music-industry is highly dominated by money-making. Taking 3 years to write an album to make it really perfect isn't money-making, throwing together 3 albums in 3 years is. The guitar riffs are repetetive, the lyrics are boring, the drum fills sound alike, the titles are unimaginative and the list goes on.

    In Sweden we have a term called "fjortis". It's one of those 14-year old girls listening to the newest Pop idol, wearing too much make-up, are dumb as hell and everyone wear the same expensive clothes. This "phenomena" is the other end of the spectrum of "emo". They all listen to mainstream crap music, wear the same clothes and travel in groups.

    It's an identity crisis most of the time, you wan't to break free from yourself, your parents and society, but you're not a metalhead for listening to a few metal-bands you heard on the radio.

    This is also not being elitist, it's simply the truth. If you would however classify this as elitist, then your view on the whole subject is shrewd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

  9. #89

    Re: Metal

    Okay, I don't care about the whole mainstream, cookie cutter, herd of sheep aspect of the music industry I already understand about. It's bound to happen based on popularity because most of society is just 'majority rules' blah blah, beating a dead horse, but calling my opinion, 'shrewd' or some warped vision of what your opinion is, isn't elitist? Hmm.
    http://www.last.fm/user/jairbreaux

    Fact: The majority of WoW players have horrible taste in music.
    Proof: http://www.mmo-champion.com/music/

    8)

  10. #90

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    You're not the first one who thought that.
    Turisas' Battle Metal album is awesome, too, though.
    I've been quite disappointed by Battle Metal :/

    Summoning: Tolkien Metal/Symphonic Black Metal. Summoning's music just takes you to another dimension, their lyrics are from The Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion. Their first album, Lugburz, was raw black metal but their later work is something unique and wonderful.
    /sign, I'm also listening to Stronghold all day atm.

    Five Finger Death Punch
    Seriously, this is a band calling themselves True Metal.... I had to laugh so hard the first time I've heard them, later I encountered that wallpaper and facepalmed.

    On another note, whatever happened to old-school metal? Iron Maiden, Judas Priest (just mentioning the obvious ones). They all seem to be suspiciously lacking from your lists
    Thrash/Death metal sucks, they are an affront to the metal genre itself and deserve to be erased. The don't make music at all, they're facerolling their instruments into oblivion -.-

    lets start it off:
    Rammstein: 1st band i was really, hugely into i still have a place in my heart for Power metal
    They aren't any kind of metal, they're simply Industrial.

    Alcest - shoegaze/black metal, they're awesome!
    Amesoeurs - Shoegaze/black metal band, too bad they split up after just one full-length!
    Burzum - Of course!
    Finntroll - folk/black metal from Finland, how can you not love them?
    Lunar Aurora - athmospheric black metal, this band is sick!
    Summoning - epic black metal, often uses very special almost tribal drum beats, sounds very special!!
    I love you.

    Mod edit: read the rules, your own musical tastes does not dictate what does or does not suck.
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

  11. #91

    Re: Metal

    Any fans of Soilwork here?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcXVnyiQjBE One of my favorite songs made by them.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

  12. #92

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    Any fans of Soilwork here?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcXVnyiQjBE One of my favorite songs made by them.
    Not here, but SOiL however. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyyK3...eature=related
    Always hate when people confuse SOiL with Soilwork.

    "What are you listening to?" "Soil." "Oh, Soilwork? They're good!" "... No! SOIL!" Gah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

  13. #93

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    Not here, but SOiL however. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyyK3...eature=related
    Always hate when people confuse SOiL with Soilwork.

    "What are you listening to?" "Soil." "Oh, Soilwork? They're good!" "... No! SOIL!" Gah.
    I've experienced that too. SOiL is awesome as well though. This one is amazing, especially the intro; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cof7TZrjGMA
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

  14. #94

    Re: Metal

    Metal. Yes, metal. How music is supposed to be. That's just my humble opinion. [Edited out, thanks Raptorg] :P... ah who cares, but one thing is for sure. Some of the peeps who says they hate metal, has prolly NEVER listened to it. The problem seems to be, that many people think "Metal? Oh, screamo crap with distorted sounds and no melody? sawks" :-\

    Anyway, back to topic. I'm a fan of.. most metal, though I don't like death, black and doom metal :

    I prefer heavy, power, folk, progressive and hard rock 8)

    Bands such as Danish Pyramaze (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8N458q2CqQ)
    - Falconer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4bD...eature=related)
    - Iron Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2p2HjhR08)
    - Alter Bridge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kEgjaH0_Pk)
    - Wisdom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4DExYJwpPA)
    - Skiltron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqF3HQXL79I)
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

    Grimshac - Neptulon, 4th best guild on Alliance side, Resto Shaman !

  15. #95

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios
    Metal. Yes, metal. How music is supposed to be. That's just my humble opinion. Whenever I hear pop, hip-hop or rap, I can't help but to think, that this world is utterly doomed :P... ah who cares, but one thing is for sure. Some of the peeps who says they hate metal, has prolly NEVER listened to it. The problem seems to be, that many people think "Metal? Oh, screamo crap with distorted sounds and no melody? sawks" :-\

    Anyway, back to topic. I'm a fan of.. most metal, though I don't like death, black and doom metal :

    I prefer heavy, power, folk, progressive and hard rock 8)

    Bands such as Danish Pyramaze (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8N458q2CqQ)
    - Falconer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4bD...eature=related)
    - Iron Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2p2HjhR08)
    - Alter Bridge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kEgjaH0_Pk)
    - Wisdom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4DExYJwpPA)
    - Skiltron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqF3HQXL79I)
    Watch out man, that shit can get you banned and this thread closed.
    All it takes is some butthurt hip-hop fan to report you.

  16. #96
    Fluffy Kitten Grindfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland.
    Posts
    2,413

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    Sexy, I got the cover of We Live tattooed on my right upper arm, working on connecting it with a big nasty tattoo of Cthulu forming a rather twisted looking full sleeve.

    Personally I love Grindcore, Brutal Truth, Pig Destroyer, Physchofagist, etc.

    Pulled off a few warmup gigs myself for bands such as Burnt by the sun & HeWhoCorrupts.

    "Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

  17. #97
    Fluffy Kitten Grindfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland.
    Posts
    2,413

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination
    Aborted
    Love these guys, they went over the top with hellraiser quotes. ;D

    "Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

  18. #98

    Re: Metal

    Katatonia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCtiqcU8zBI

    Baxaxaxa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4dOgS7_WDY

    Kataxu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dvb9QE9kTE

    Opeth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB1NuL-8Dhc

    Amorphis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXvf2UMk4AA

    Blut Aus Nord
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoRDCeIzF1k

    Poccolus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyG98UD3J1w

    Absu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hzRC3B8fLs

    Desaster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVXpORmWURo

    Barathrum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_OhMqiJ_c

    Trouble
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAoWuTb7wN4

    Pentagram
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVEAsmGXLWs

    Arathorn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhy6PULnfWA

    Rivendell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjRWfy_b54

    !T.O.O.H!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA6CsDv9UN0

    Cephalic Carnage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w-EaHk137o

    Disfear (Crust, but metally enough)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYZpVVgdCbE

    Temnozor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol0bTwCkwJ4

    Root
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfFxsdU7FP4

    Equirhodont
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNgnS2HwXc

    Vultyr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f31J2vbp8uk

    Iskra
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4p5nk3kc-s

    Evil
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRwzmwa6cc

    Krieg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYp5OFPCWyI

    Craft
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qj-mKcbn8

    Vardøger
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c14-wfNA0Cc

    Vaakevandring
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwphIvFM7cY


    I don't have all morning for this, so I'll stop while I am ahead. Hope some of you got something out of this.

    Rabadaba skeebie dee doo diddle doo dah

  19. #99

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Positif
    Sexy, I got the cover of We Live tattooed on my right upper arm, working on connecting it with a big nasty tattoo of Cthulu forming a rather twisted looking full sleeve.

    Personally I love Grindcore, Brutal Truth, Pig Destroyer, Physchofagist, etc.

    Pulled off a few warmup gigs myself for bands such as Burnt by the sun & HeWhoCorrupts.
    I'm not into grindcore, and you'll probably know them, but the guys on my metal forum generally talk about how good Magrudergrind and Maruta are, give them a try if you haven't already.
    Magrudergrind is pretty good, though I'm unsure about Maruta, but these guys do know what they're talking about.

  20. #100
    Fluffy Kitten Grindfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland.
    Posts
    2,413

    Re: Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I'm not into grindcore, and you'll probably know them, but the guys on my metal forum generally talk about how good Magrudergrind and Maruta are, give them a try if you haven't already.
    Magrudergrind is pretty good, though I'm unsure about Maruta, but these guys do know what they're talking about.
    indeed My buddy James has been trying to shift these over to me, going to give them a chance soon.

    "Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •