Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Lost (possible spoilers)

He is 100% not Jacob, if he was, the "Others" in the temple wouldnt want to kill him. I think "Possessed" means Sayid is gonna join the dark side, not the Jacob one.
    Who says jacob is the good side? The guys in the temple never said they like jacob, just his guitar cases.

"Man In Black" or Jacob's rival or "The Dark Side"
    It can still turn out to be something else :P

For the rest, you make good points. I'm thinking mostly the same at everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Who says jacob is the good side? The guys in the temple never said they like jacob, just his guitar cases.
    Well, Jacob vs MIB, White vs Black, MIB dude kinda kills Jacob. Jacob has to be the good side, unless Bad Jacob vs Bad MIB, doesnt really make sense(alot of things dont make sense in Lost though, i could be terribly wrong).
    I agree though that the dudes from the temple arent surely on Jacob's side.

Also, i read that the 3rd episode, which is the last one now, told what this whole season 6 is gonna be about. Im thinking its gonna be about the battle "good vs evil".

Hoping they're gonna show more Locke aka MIB at the 4th episode! Cant wait!

Yeah but who knows maybe the rival of jacob is in fact on the good side and did a good thing by killing Jacob, who is in fact evil. For yet unknown reasons.
    Just putting it out there, I'm not sure about anything on that show.
    Except that it's lame that they killed off my favourite character (Charlie! At least Sawyer's still there)
    [/COLOR]

IMO Sayid is not possessed, Jacob brought him back and wants him to take his place as the protector of the Island.
    Locke is dead and has been since Ben killed him, I am starting to wonder if Ben was influenced by the MIB prior to him leaving the Island, hence why he killed Locke in the first place.
    The black smoke monster to me is the demonic form of the MIB, it is manipulative and ferocious.
    Everything in the "Flash" seems to be different minus the fact that everyone seems to be meeting each other which leads back to the whole destiny concept, everyone obviously was meant to meet each other.
    Last time we saw Claire she was running into the jungle with her father (really the smoke monster/MIB), no wonder she is whacked out of her mind.

If you go back and watch the series you will see that the only people that the smoke monster did not harm were the people written on the wall in the cave, anyone else was destroyed emotionally or physically. It made it very clear that it wants to get off the Island, maybe the Island is meant to be a prison for everyone any everything on the Island. Just a bit of speculation from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiMii
    Did you notice that everyone that was "on the list" was number 4 8 15 16 23 42?

Is that the whole lame explanation on the numbers?
    I sure hope not <_< I wonder if that was their seat numbers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

What the hell I didn't even notice, I actually even forgot about those numbers in the first place!
    Good find.
    [/COLOR]

Very nice find indeed, didnt notice it also, but im sure the creators wouldnt make the explanation so lame for the numbers. And, it doesnt really make sense, why was Desmond "pushing the button" with the same numbers? I dont think that has anything to do with the "candidates".

it may or it may not have anything to do, at this point in time we know smokie wants to "recruit" as Ilana says when she is talking to ben, and the only way he can get off the island is with the protector(aka jacob, but he's dead), so he is trying to recruit some1 to be the protector. if u can remember when he was talking to sawyer he gave him 3 possibilites
    1) do nothing
    2) accept the protector status, but he wasnt to happy about this solution
    3) as he said<<get the hell off this island>>. he already mentioned while he was talking to sawyer that he once loved, yada yada yada all that bshit, so he is "imprisoned"

ohh yeah and the numbers are, they are candidates for something, prolly the next protector(i bet it will be jack and smokie will trick sawyer and they will get stuck on the island xD)
    4-Locke -> cut from the list
    8-Reyes ( HUGO )
    15-Ford ( Sawyer )
    16-Jarrah ( Sayid )
    23-Shepard ( Jack )
    42-Kwon ( Jin/Sun )

So what did everyone think about the new episode?

Spoiler:

What's widmoore doing back here again? (Does that mean we'll see desmond again soon?)
    Why is that liana chick so important, so she's the "daughter" of jacob, who cares!
    Looks like Locke's going to be mad at ben for not coming with him...
    I bet we'll see more of Locke next episode (and there's a big chance we won't see ANY of widmoore and his submarine until the episode AFTER that, that's what lost always does > )
    [/COLOR]

15+ Year Old Account

Ilana is one of Jacob's bodyguards(the guys that smokey killed after they discovered Jacob was dead) as well as the protector of the candidates. Of course, with Widmoore's arrival, who does he serve?

I bet Widmore is once again gonna be on the 3rd side - his. I dont think the creators would just go with "good" vs "bad". Anyways, if Widmore is gonna try to reclaim his spot as the "leader" of the island( or whatever he's trying to do ), i bet he's gonna go down the second he'll face Locke(luv locke!).

Seeing Charles W in that little submarine, lurking by the beach, almost made me laugh ;D
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Why was Desmond now on the plane (in the flash sideways)?
    Not sure why he was on 815, but he never made it to the Island, his round the world sailing expedition seemed to go ahead as planned. Most likely because since the 6 Candidates weren't needed, neither was he needed to bring about the crash. Although we know the Island still existed obviously, the DHARMA barracks, the Statue and Ben's father have confirmed as much. Something past 1977 caused the Island to sink.

ohh yeah and the numbers are, they are candidates for something, prolly the next protector(i bet it will be jack and smokie will trick sawyer and they will get stuck on the island xD)
    4-Locke -> cut from the list
    In the latest episode Ilanna states that there are 6 Candidates in total, and that there are 6 left. She knows exactly what has happened to Locke and yet still states that there are 6 Candidates left. This means she is counting "Kwon" as two seperate Candidates (though it's Jin imo since he survived the freighter explosion) or that there is a sixth Candidate aside from Locke (108 - Wallace).

Very nice find indeed, didnt notice it also, but im sure the creators wouldnt make the explanation so lame for the numbers. And, it doesnt really make sense, why was Desmond "pushing the button" with the same numbers? I dont think that has anything to do with the "candidates".
    Over 300 other Candidates and the possibility of several realities, whose to say that in another crash that the Numbers weren't different? Also they are part of the Valenzetti Equation, a mathematical calculation used to predict the end of the human race on Earth.

Oh, and anyone else loving the fact that for all the power that Jacob and Titus (to give him the actor's name) have, that there is still an entity with even more power that was able to imprison them on the Island and force rules and tasks upon them.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    In the latest episode Ilanna states that there are 6 Candidates in total, and that there are 6 left. She knows exactly what has happened to Locke and yet still states that there are 6 Candidates left. This means she is counting "Kwon" as two seperate Candidates (though it's Jin imo since he survived the freighter explosion) or that there is a sixth Candidate aside from Locke (108 - Wallace).
    Guess we'll be seeing the return of one of the forgotten characters soon ;D Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    Oh, and anyone else loving the fact that for all the power that Jacob and Titus (to give him the actor's name) have, that there is still an entity with even more power that was able to imprison them on the Island and force rules and tasks upon them.
    Hell yeah
    [/COLOR]

From what I have been reading lately, they will NOT be answering all the questions as they stated at the start of S6. They are down to the last couple episodes and they have realized they don't have the time to answer everything (saw that coming). So I have just been happy with what answers I do get now. This show has had me so wrapped up that I just want it to be over, even though I love the show.

One question I have been asking is what is in Flocke's Backpack he has been hauling around all S6? Might be a dumb question but he must have that for some reason.....

I haven't seen this weeks episode yet so maybe I will find out soon.....

What do people think about the Richard episode?

I think it was damn awesome, best episode of the season, we got answers to what the island and the black dude is, also we were shown Richard's story.

Yeah it was pretty good, just sometimes they didn't come over quite convincing (as if their acting was weird).
    And I shouldn't be saying that because Lost is awesome as well as all its characters, and it's not about the acting but the show, but still.

Anyway, next episode is probably going to be about Widmoore again. I was wondering, why the hell did he come back to the island?
    My theory is that he knows what the island "can do", and seeing as how old he is he probably wants the immortality that the island seems to be able to give.

Also, the end of Richard's episode was awesome right? Breaking that glass 8)

Edit: Btw, wasn't Michael's name on the list of remaining candidates too? (Or his son...?) That does mean we'll see him back again soon, right? Whatever happened to him anyway, can't remember his last episode...
    [/COLOR]

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab
    What do people think about the Richard episode?

I think it was damn awesome, best episode of the season, we got answers to what the island and the black dude is, also we were shown Richard's story.
    One of the highlights for me? The butterfly that fluttered past when Richard was trying to escape. If anyone else can cast their memories back as far as Season 1 then they will remember John's conversation with Charlie regarding the butterfly in it's cocoon and that if he helped it out then it would be too weak to face what was ahead. It was as if they wanted to signify that Richard seeing his wife again had a major impact on what he is going to with the Candidates.

The bottle scene was absolutely ace.

As for next Friday? I have seen the trailer, and for all the excitement I had in the run up to tonight (work dragged on today :'(), I have to say that next week is going to be so f*****g amazing that I'm tempted to take the week off and sleep until 9pm on Friday. That trailer was....... Biblical .

Look at your man, then look at Richard, back to your man, back to Richard. Sadly he isn't Richard. Richard's on a horse.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    Look at your man, then look at Richard, back to your man, back to Richard. Sadly he isn't Richard. Richard's on a horse.
    Um.... what?