Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ending is lacking. It answers many questions, but not enough long term ones.

Meh, I kind of gave up on Georgey, just found the Malazan the Fallen series and am rediscovering my love for epic fantasy.

OT again: Now that I think about it though: Do bring a tissue or 2, that ending music combined with what the ending is can kind of be sappy.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

thank you for answering i bet ill say FML ROFL, want more opinions please

Here's how it ends

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherdvaleriya View Post
    thank you for answering i bet ill say FML ROFL, want more opinions please
    Umm i've only watched the whole deal once. I'm going back to review it again but im stuck on the 2nd season. I got hooked on the Wire

Honestly, if you love lost up to this point then you'll like it. If you're a casual viewer then maybe not. Like I said it's a little disappointing, but it was always building to something odd so idk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Here's how it ends
    ROFL!

If that was how it ended, I'd call it the greatest ending of any show... ever.

I honestly thought the ending was FANTASTIC, although most others didn't. And yes, I am being serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first episodes was awesome, but in the end, THERE WAS SO MANY QUESTIONS LEFT UNANSWERED.
    Vol'jin fanboy

yeah cant wait till last episod ugh ugh

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 10:54 AM ----------

on 3rd episode so far so good

[TV] Lost

So...I'm a little behind on some of the old good shows. Finally got around to watching Lost in its entirety this winter break...might I say...one of the most amazing shows I've EVER seen. The characters are all so complex, you love them all even the antagonist at times, who redeems himself. It was such a good show all around. I highly recommend anyone to watch it at some point. Anyone else a huge fan of the show? Favorite parts?

15+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoyed Lost, even though the last few seasons got a little weak. First two seasons are just amazing television though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I always enjoyed Lost, even though the last few seasons got a little weak. First two seasons are just amazing television though.
    I liked the first two seasons but then started to rapidly lose interest. I just got the feeling that they were making up the story as they went along, with no clear plan... and I hate that feeling.

From what I've heard since I stopped watching, my hunch was correct. *shrugs*

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I liked the first two seasons but then started to rapidly lose interest. I just got the feeling that they were making up the story as they went along, with no clear plan... and I hate that feeling.
    It is a little disheartening when you realize that they generally DON'T have a plan. A viewer wants a grand plan when it comes to a show like this, but it just doesn't exist. Then four or five seasons down the line they need to try and piece together a puzzle that is full of stuff that was just "thrown in" back in Season 1. For example, the smoke monster on Lost. Do you -really- think that when they first put in the smoke monster in Season 1 that they had it all planned out that it would be the evil form of Locke / Whatever Guy in Season 7? Or the first time they showed the Polar Bear running through the woods, they just threw that shit in there to be weird and mysterious, and then later wrote the story around "Oh, the polar bear was part of the Hydra station and just escaped."

You just need to push that stuff out of your head in order to enjoy a show. It's not like a book, where they can write and rewrite and get the whole thing perfect from start to finish before releasing it. It's the kind of situation where scripts are being written on a weekly basis and filmed as they come in. They don't have piles and piles of stories just waiting to be filmed. They may have a broad story arc in mind, but beyond that, it's all pulled out of their asses on a weekly basis.

Deleted
    I liked the 3/4 first seasons alot. Then it just went downhill. The writing became much worse and I didn't like how they stressed to tell every little secret. Should have let some things remain secrets. The evil Locke thing was pretty lame. The smoke was mysterious and scary until it got a human identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    It is a little disheartening when you realize that they generally DON'T have a plan. A viewer wants a grand plan when it comes to a show like this, but it just doesn't exist. Then four or five seasons down the line they need to try and piece together a puzzle that is full of stuff that was just "thrown in" back in Season 1.
    What shows there are that had a good multi-year plan?

The first (and the best) that comes to my mind is Babylon 5, which lasted for 5 seasons. The series creator J. Michael Straczynski planned most of it from the beginning, wrote 92 of 110 episodes himself and even had plans for what to do with the characters in case some of the actors playing them wanted to leave etc. Now, that's planning.

15+ Year Old Account
    What shows there are that had a good multi-year plan?

The first (and the best) that comes to my mind is Babylon 5, which lasted for 5 seasons. The series creator J. Michael Straczynski planned most of it from the beginning, wrote 92 of 110 episodes himself and even had plans for what to do with the characters in case some of the actors playing them wanted to leave etc. Now, that's planning.
    Good if you are guaranteed multiple seasons. A lot of shows are created with a limited number of episodes in mind. If it's successful and gets picked up for more seasons then more are written. Seasons 1 and 2 of lost were so good because the writers probably had a good idea of what to do for that period. After that it became harder to keep things surprising and interesting and advance all the plots they created.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Good if you are guaranteed multiple seasons. A lot of shows are created with a limited number of episodes in mind. If it's successful and gets picked up for more seasons then more are written. Seasons 1 and 2 of lost were so good because the writers probably had a good idea of what to do for that period. After that it became harder to keep things surprising and interesting and advance all the plots they created.
    Hardly any show is guaranteed multiple seasons from the start. Ideally, you have a big grand plan that spans multiple seasons yet every season should also make sense individually and provide a satisfying conclusion in case of a cancellation.

Working on season 6 right now. Kinda annoyed by some of the things going on.

My main nuisance is that they can never get over being their stupid old selves when they all get together.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hardly any show is guaranteed multiple seasons from the start. Ideally, you have a big grand plan that spans multiple seasons yet every season should also make sense individually and provide a satisfying conclusion in case of a cancellation.
    If lost was cancelled say.. around season 3 I doubt they could have tied everything up neatly.