Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral and Moonkin

That's quite a change in viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Deos
    Feral has a lot higher skill cap and if(huge "IF" here) mastered will do a ton more damage than moonkin, this is true. Like, im doing about 11k single target sustainable dps and even on princes i beat all our moonkins with 8k dps vs their 7kish. With 4-pc T10 feral dots help a lot to smoothen out targets switching penalty, also the mobility is unmatched, charge, high running speed, dash, yellow damage bias meaning that losing autoattack uptime doesnt hurt feral as much as other melee etc..

I do agree that the thread is pointless though.. People either born melee or born caster, it's in the very mindset. You can't excel in both, not to mention have the topmost gear for both specs which is required to be somewhat competitive in ICC. Stick with your spec and do your best, there is no shortcut to the top of the meters, if you were a moonkin you wont do more damage as feral. All you need to worry about it being viable and executing strategy perfectly, not failing to stupid sh*t and dying, that's what really important for raiding nowadays.

PS: no, ferals dont fall behind "most other classes", you do. Like i said the skill cap is very high, work on your rotation and be very smart and fast about energy management strategy and how you can exploit each fight's possibilities.
    Yes, yes, yes, combat was also OP. Our combat rogue is doing 10k+ dps, next highest melee is about 8k. Just spec the right way and mash your one of the easiest rotations. But guess some people fail even at that if they dont see how combat is OP as well.
    By being a pro player, playing perfectly, 3x times harder than all the rest.. you will *ding-dong* just catch up to them. Rewards HOW? They might not even know what does it take for you to do the same damage as they are. Look at the top parses, ferals arent rocking the meters. There is no proper reward for that much skill and efforts investment. Not even visual aspect of feral combat, special effects, moves etc are dead freaking last impressive in this game.

The only thing you know for sure, only a pro player can pull off somewhat viable dps as feral.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear
    This is too much of an apples and oranges comparison as was pointed out, melee and caster mechanics are often far different depending on the Boss. Also I doubt there are many Druids that switch back and forth between Moonkin and Feral because of the gear differences. If your trying to make a point that Moonkins are not where they should be you should be comparing to Mages and Shadow Priests.
    They should rather compare themselves with shadow priests and elemental shamans. Feral should compare themselves with DPS warriors, DK's, enhancement shamans etc. It's not fair to compare to a pure dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin
    They should rather compare themselves with shadow priests and elemental shamans. Feral should compare themselves with DPS warriors, DK's, enhancement shamans etc. It's not fair to compare to a pure dps class.
    I wasn't implying they should be equal to an arcane mage, I'm saying it's a useful data point to see where you should be at. Although Blizzard has stated they just classify classes as Pure or Hybrid I think the truth is they take more than that into consideration. The only class that comes close to Shamans in "gotta have it" buffs are Paladins and even then it's rather different. Just 1 shaman brings a whole lot of buffs, Paladine don't bring as many buffs but it's an incredibly useful class to stack. Boomkins bring more buffs than Feral and their utility is easier to access, but i certainly think Boomkisn need more help than they are getting in todays patch. Comparing Feral to Warriors or DK's I'd say Feral has been coming up quite a bit short for a while now. Looking at recent blue posts it looks like Blizzard thinks this is due to bad itemization on their part since the feral weapons are so much harder to get but it will eventually resolve itself. Apparently they are unaware that the ICC25 weapons are very meager upgrades over the TOGC25 weapons.

I just aim for the top of the meter.

15+ Year Old Account

You mean a pure DPS class that just happens to bring just as much utility to a raid as a hybrid? We're being taxed for our utility when every class now brings utility.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre