Gears of War movie

I don't know about you guys, but I am very excited for the Gears of War movie. I love the entire series(games and books) and think the storyline is amazing. In my opinion this will be the best movie based on a game.

Straight from wiki.

"On March 20, 2007, it was announced that New Line Cinema had purchased the rights to make a Gears of War film, with Stuart Beattie writing the script along with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, who will be producing it.[17] Producer Wyck Godfrey said of the film adaptation, "I'm not a gamer, but what blew me away about Gears was how it captures the mythology of a war mission and how high the stakes are."[18] On August 3, 2007, AICN.com reported that Len Wiseman was to direct the movie adaptation of Gears of War.[19] though on March 30, 2007, Godfrey stated that they have "a director we're about to attach" in order to film the movie during 2009 and release in 2010. Cliff Bleszinski, the lead designer of the Gears of War video games, will be an executive producer.[20]

Wiseman was officially signed on in June 2008, with Chris Morgan performing script rewrites.[21] Morgan hinted on G4's televised coverage of Comic Con 2008 that the film would be a prequel to the first game, "it could explain how Marcus Fenix got his scar."[22] According to Morgan, Wiseman "wants to make it as realistic as possible, and to blur those lines where your mind says, 'Oh, it's a big CGI film.'"[23]. On December 8, 2009, Wyck Godfrey sat down with MakingOf to talk about the "Gears of War" movie, and said that "to tell the epic story of an alien planet that's living in a horrific environment just feels like the wrong mood right now"."

The film is set to be released in 2010. I cannot wait for it. Who else is excited?

Re: Gears of War movie

The Story of the games was lacking, GoW mainly is a great action game. Without story, it would just be another standard action movie based off a video game, just like the Doom Movie which didn't go so well.

Re: Gears of War movie

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    The Story of the games was lacking, GoW mainly is a great action game. Without story, it would just be another standard action movie based off a video game, just like the Doom Movie which didn't go so well.
    The first GoW I though had a somewhat "hard to understand at first story line", but I loved it still. I just love the darkness and brutality of the game. It doesn't sugar coat war. Unlike Halo.