Thread: sound card.

sound card.

I cant figur out where i have to look to find what soundcard im useing, can find all other hardware :S
    Is simple way for me to see a list of what hardware i got?
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Re: sound card.

hmm, I think the best way if you cant detect it via software is to open you case and take a look. However its quite strange that you cant find it, are you using anything specific to find it or just device manager?
    Lemon Juice

Many people just use their mobo integrated sound, if that is the case look it up on the manufacturer's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy
    hmm, I think the best way if you cant detect it via software is to open you case and take a look. However its quite strange that you cant find it, are you using anything specific to find it or just device manager?
    Nothing shows up in device manager...

Quote Originally Posted by Nautik
    Go to Start, Control Panel, Device Manager. Your sound card info should be in that list. If it doesn't show up there (it should) open up your case like Crazy suggested.
    Even thoe i did know where to open it, i thank you for the input, vary helpfull for future referance. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Many people just use their mobo integrated sound, if that is the case look it up on the manufacturer's site.
    I know for sure i have a 7.1 dolby enable surround system. so thats not the case

-----

My real problem realy is that my sound falls out at times and dosnt in order to get it back i need to restart the program, that beeing streaming a video on youtube, watching a DvD, ventrilo, or playing a game.
    On a strange note, i can run around dalaran recording useing fraps and still have 50+ fps and a ms on about 100.
    But whenever i got my speakers in i randomly get 2 small lags followed right after eachothers which lasts about 1/3th of a secund. ( anywhere in the gameworld )
    When i plug in my headset for raiding i dont experience this problem.
    It further pusles me becouse this only happens in WoW and not in any other games.

I have installed the standard realtec HD sound package which http://driveragent.com/ found to be the right one.

I have run som benchmarks but they realy dosnt take sound into consideration.

-----

Gues i have to open up the case and have a peak inside and maybe replace it
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    I know for sure i have a 7.1 dolby enable surround system. so thats not the case
    My integrated sound is 7.1, that means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    My integrated sound is 7.1, that means nothing.
    Gues i have to open it up and have a real look then, thanks for your insights.

Deleted

Gues i have to open it up and have a real look then, thanks for your insights.
    Well to find out if it's integrated: if it's at the front of your case, it is. If it's at the back of your case at the top (like close to where all the USB and other I/O ports are, it is. If it's close to your Graphics card (the PCI(-e) slots) it is not integrated. If this is the case, you can open it up, unscrew it and there will most likely be a sticker on it that tells you the type

Be really careful though, make sure you touch the case/PSU first for a few seconds to ground yourself. Otherwise you can seriously damage your computer, or yourself!

ground myself, check.

Deleted

ground myself, check.
    Hehe good http://www.wikihow.com/Ground-Yourse...atic-Discharge <-- If you need help

The best free software for checking your hardware would be this:
    http://download.cnet.com/SiSoftware-...html?tag=mncol
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    The best free software for checking your hardware would be this:
    http://download.cnet.com/SiSoftware-...html?tag=mncol
    Uuh... Gotta have a look at that.