Poll: Which one do you prefer and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What RPG is best?

Just want to see which one will get most votes :P

Re: What RPG is best?

Im assuming you want this geared more towards older games. So imma have to go with Star Ocean 1.

Secret of Mana because it had co-op play.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

It's a toss up between Earthbound and FFVII for me.

Probably Suikoden II or III. Love 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by lolsrslybro
    It's a toss up between Earthbound and FFVII for me.
    wow i forgot about earthbound it was awesome although i never finished it (i droped the cartridge and the chip snaped...Q_Q)

What? No Legend of Dragoon?

You left alot of good choices out, including earthbound like one person mentioned.

Other worth mentioning

Playstation:
    Star Ocean 1/2/3
    ShadowHearts 1/Covenant
    Xenosaga 1/2/3
    Suikoden 2/3
    Legend of Dragoon
    Wild Arms 1/2/3
    Metal Saga

But my personal favourite is possibly Star Ocean 2 or ShadowHearts Covenant.

Persona, but there are so many gems in the genre.
    I love both 3 and 4, Persona 3 wins out on storyline and characters, but Persona 4 had essential gameplay improvements and better music.

other-mass effect series

I'm going to go ahead and say Star Ocean 2 - the second story.

Unique characters, unique customization, unique game, underrated game.

Planescape: Torment is the best cRPG game ever made. It's only flaw (just like any other Infinity Engline game) was that it's mechanics were based on DnD, which is just not made for computers. Other than that, the game was perfect. You actually talked a lot more that swung your mace or axe. The final boss fight could be won by just talking (if you made the proper choices in the past). And a big plus is that the story isn't another "save the world, oh great hero!"

Other favorites include: Baldurs Gate series, Fallout series (excluding Tactics and F3). Haven't played any of the new stuff like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Last "new" game I played was KotOR.

I strongly dislike Final Fantasy. Seems like there's not much choice in what you can do, you just press "next" and watch a pretty cutscene. The battles are just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. And I have extensive experience with the series, since I've played through almost half of the 1999 demo of FF8 =] The fact I generally don't like "exotic" stuff like manga, anime, doesn't help :P
    <Insert image larger than anything I usually post, most likely with details of my toons, which nobody cares about but me>

15+ Year Old Account

Super Mario RPG.

By a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkfan
    Seems like there's not much choice in what you can do, you just press "next" and watch a pretty cutscene.
    Aka Linear RPG game where the Main story has the capability of creating side stories.
    Customary Multi RPG games is where the choices effects the main story.

I like both of them, I can say I LOVED KotoR due to the main story(And in the middle choice between Good/bad), But I see it as a linear RPG since you either be good or bad, doesn't affects anything except the last end path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkfan
    I strongly dislike Final Fantasy. Seems like there's not much choice in what you can do, you just press "next" and watch a pretty cutscene. The battles are just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. And I have extensive experience with the series, since I've played through almost half of the 1999 demo of FF8 =] The fact I generally don't like "exotic" stuff like manga, anime, doesn't help :P
    sadly your distaste comes from what i feel to be the weakest of the 'series'. ff8's progression system was very experimental, and IMO hurt the gameplay. as for story, ff8 was there, but the whole squall/seifer was a bit much seeing that ff7 was the previous installment which offered a similar scenario (cloud/sephiroth). honestly if you care to give the games a try, go for ff6; it offers several side quests, interesting characters (record amount of PCs in a FF game), and some awesome twists. my other favorite would probably be ff4; due mostly to the range of settings and simple love for Kain/dragoons. also should mention that the 2 i listed are old generation SNES games.

Suikoden II
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Too me it's a dead race, because every RPG have something unique.

What makes Earthbound so great is that it jokes around with the RPG genre, it was origanly made like a spoof.

The Final Fantasy series is the most succeful series, and for a reason. I have cleared every game from 1 to 9, then I got too lazy to buy a PS2 so it's a shame.

But if I have to pick I would go with either FFVI or Chrono Trigger. With the harware that the SNES had they made theese two games:
    1: Big ass hell
    2: Great Artwork
    3: Mindblowing Music
    And for last, the stories are awesome.I personally love the whole Frog saga in CT it was allmost as good as the sidestory of Shadow in FFVI
    Happy troll since 2005

Chrono Trigger!

How you can't think that is inhuman and you should be ashamed of yourself :P

There was a time when I was really into playing ZSNES on my computer, and I had so much fun with Chrono Trigger. It beats most of the modern games by great lengths.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

PS2
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2 for co-op
    Champions of Norath

PS3
    Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom since it combines CoN and BG

Baldur's Gate series are the best. There is nothing else to say.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”