Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3.4 before Cataclysm?

Has blizz mentioned anything about this?

Re: 3.4 before Cataclysm?

i dont think there will be a 3.4
    only 3.3.1 etc

Since ICC is supposed to be the last raid content patch, there should not be any 3.4 ever. Patch 4.0 will come out a few months before Cataclysm, just like 2.0 did before BC and 3.0 did before WOTLK.

Still waiting on that troll raid filler ala Zul'aman

Quote Originally Posted by Joarrak
    Since ICC is supposed to be the last raid content patch, there should not be any 3.4 ever. Patch 4.0 will come out a few months before Cataclysm, just like 2.0 did before BC and 3.0 did before WOTLK.
    A few months? >.> it was like one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

It just seems that's a long time to go without a new patch. Unless Cataclysm is coming out earlier than I had expected.

judging by the fact S8 wil start wensday, i dont think we can expect to see cata until 4/5 months yet.

All bosses in ICC wil be there to with that patch so lets say we got 4 months to farm IC before 4.0 wotlk hits.
    seems alright, depending on how hard IC25HC wil be ofc (my gues/hope is realy hard)
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

10+ Year Old Account

3.3 is the last major patch before 4.0. I don't have a link, at the moment, but I know it has been confirmed. Also, be careful of the direction you take this topic, TC, release date discussion is not allowed.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

Yes there has been talk of another lvl of tier gear b4 cata but nothing confirmed. With cata dropping towards the end of the year they would almost have to have another patch. 8 or more months with no major content patch would not be a good lead in to cata. Plus, Blizz has already said they will put in the new gear class restrictions a couple months before cata so if they that will require a patch.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

A wild SARGERAS apears!
    fap

Back in TBC, Blizzard admitted that they made a mistake releasing the Black Temple so early in the expansion. They said they had learnt from this mistake and that the Lich King will be the last raid of WOTLK. So if they go ahead and release another raid then it means what they said was pointless and infact they haven't learnt...just like releasing naxx and the sunwell so close to the next expansion and bearly anyone getting to see them.
    Releasing another raid will not good a smart idea because there is going to be a massive gear jump and stat changes so why would anyone bother to do it? It has no hype or point. We do ICC to see and kill the Lich King. We have been working for years to do this. Releasing another raid makes no sense.

However I do believe that there will be a patch 3.4. Blizzard wants to bring players back into the old world. I predict mass invasions and new daily quests to help players save Azeroth. It will involve traveling over all the old world and helping people. This will allow players to see the old world for the last time before the change and it will impact players a lot more because lets face it, who goes back to the old world now anyway at level 80? As time goes on, it will get worse as it gets close to the patch 4.0 release...then the whole world will be changed forever. That is my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    Yes there has been talk of another lvl of tier gear b4 cata but nothing confirmed.

That's wrong. ICC is FINAL.
    Oh aye.

Quote Originally Posted by greg098
    However I do believe that there will be a patch 3.4. Blizzard wants to bring players back into the old world. I predict mass invasions and new daily quests to help players save Azeroth. It will involve traveling over all the old world and helping people. This will allow players to see the old world for the last time before the change and it will impact players a lot more because lets face it, who goes back to the old world now anyway at level 80? As time goes on, it will get worse as it gets close to the patch 4.0 release...then the whole world will be changed forever. That is my theory.
    i have no idea if this holds any truth, but it sounds realy awesome
    like the sunwell patch without a new raid, just lots of cool stuff to do while we wait for cata and still raid ICChc
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

Deleted

Just release Cataclysm already, Mr Arthas has had his 5 years of fame, time to move on to something bigger, badder and more evil.

there will not be a 3.4 before cata, its 99.999% that the lich king is the last boss of this expansion, but there WILL be a patch 4.0, the patch will contain the items for cata that, for the people who dont purchase the expansion can view (IE, items, models ext), although this might be done non-protocal due to the face of azeroth being reshaped, but its presumed patch 4.0 will come 1-2 months before cata, and with the epansion shortly following, simalar to 3.0 being before WOTLK, during the zombie invasion where they introduced inscription, new talents, ext. but the expansion was not released yet.

hope this helps
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    Still waiting on that troll raid filler ala Zul'aman
    Zul'Again

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iProd
    A wild SARGERAS apears!
    Elementium uses [Wrathful Gladiators Master Ball]

Sargeras escapes!

NOOOOOOOOOO..

Anyway, I think there's a good chance that we'll see another content patch. I'm hoping that they've learned that we're willing to wait as long as they throw us a bone. and they really need to get Cataclysm right.

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    Just release Cataclysm already, Mr Arthas has had his 5 years of fame, time to move on to something bigger, badder and more evil.

Problem, Blizzard has to FINISH cata before they release it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    Problem, Blizzard has to FINISH cata before they release it.
    I have a feeling there's probably not that much left.

We still have Heroic Icecrown to deal with Also.

ICC normal was merely a setback for Arthas.

And unless you clear that within 2 weeks of it coming out, i dont think you can really say that there won't be much to do until 4.0/Cata
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.