Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So what's with all the hate....

I was tanking a Heroic Pit of Saron run on my Death Knight tank and for some reason i had my dps/heals bashing on me because i was taking excessive damage apparently, is this hate really common in heroics or is it just my unfortunate luck that i ended up with biased group members?

Re: So what's with all the hate....

Quote Originally Posted by firehead
    I was tanking a Heroic Pit of Saron run on my Death Knight tank and for some reason i had my dps/heals bashing on me because i was taking excessive damage apparently, is this hate really common in heroics or is it just my unfortunate luck that i ended up with biased group members?
    Well I usually only come across it when im tanking especially on my DK. So dont worry guy your not the only one. DK's naturally take more damage (no shields and whatnot) so healers work harder so they dont like that and dps....well they like to complain.

whats your gear like (aka armory) and was it those mobs before the tunnel? because that should be the only place you should be getting "hit hard" at all, if ever. that or the last boss because people can't stop dpsing for the debuff. other than that I bet they were just crabby dps/heals
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

jerks will be jerks :\

sorry for your troubles, lol i have 4 80s that i run 1 random heroic a day w/...and its not always pretty.

hope that helped some way

IMO: If you were keeping aggro and your healers weren't running oom, they have no reason to complain.

Some people are just jerks.

lol ya apparently and for the armory page...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...3%BCbzer%C3%B6

pretty much i know i don't have the best gear in the world, i just made my DK a tank so that i could hop into the OT role for our raids if needed, >.> and i've been stuck in our MT role for ONY the last two weeks we've done it which was a interesting experience for me.

Well seeing as i ended up with my armory posted anyone who has any suggestions for gemming/gear upgrades don't hesitate to say something

drop the 2 fast weapons and pick up 2 slow ones and also you are very low on hit you may want to find a few pieces that have it if you are going to dual wield
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Well seeing as i'm tanking getting slower weapons will be rather difficult to find 2 "slow" weapons, and the hit rating thing will be hard to achieve seeing as most tanking gear doesn't have hit on it....

15+ Year Old Account

Tank with slow dps weapons.

It's the most threat, by far. Trust me, most the time people will give you correct info here. Generally if someone says something needs doing, it needs doing ;P We are here to help ^_^

As for tanking gear with hit. http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.4&fi...;crv=0:0#0-2+1

Weapons: http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2&filt...crs=1;crv=2.00

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47508
    and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50303

Both have nice chunks of hit for ya.

Aim for at least 8% hit.

Okay we'll i thought that i would be wanting to go for tanking weapons, seeing as i don't have problems with threat right now with my guild whom is who i'll be running most of my raids with anyway, so should i swap to those weapons u supplied or would i be fine with sticking with my current ones?

Also would it be beneficial for me to gem for pure stam+my meta, or would it be better to go and gem for socket bonuses so i get the +def rating / dodge rating / parry rating?

Also seeing as i have the black heart, what would be a upgrade over it, a stam one like the frost emblem one, or would something that gives dodge rating like Ick's rotting thumb be a better choice for me?

Any help i can get from ya'll will be very much appreciated, and if u could explain why it should be done that way i would very much appreciate that too.

15+ Year Old Account

im tanking icc content and still am using the black heart. getting another stam trinket would be ideal imo. i got the frost emblem one and am rocking it alongside with black heart. ICC just requires high-stam tanks.

I thought there are no DK's left that still use two one-handers :'(

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    I thought there are no DK's left that still use two one-handers :'(
    There are plenty, over a study of the top 100 guilds there were 41 DK tanks, 27 were Frost(I think? something like that)

Okay we'll i thought that i would be wanting to go for tanking weapons, seeing as i don't have problems with threat right now with my guild whom is who i'll be running most of my raids with anyway, so should i swap to those weapons u supplied or would i be fine with sticking with my current ones?

Also would it be beneficial for me to gem for pure stam+my meta, or would it be better to go and gem for socket bonuses so i get the +def rating / dodge rating / parry rating?

Also seeing as i have the black heart, what would be a upgrade over it, a stam one like the frost emblem one, or would something that gives dodge rating like Ick's rotting thumb be a better choice for me?

Any help i can get from ya'll will be very much appreciated, and if u could explain why it should be done that way i would very much appreciate that too.
    It will also raise your dps which is always nice. If your not having any threat issues at all no offence, but your dps need to step it up, but you can keep what you have if that's the case.

I'm not an expert on DKs, but I know for warriors we gem all stam unless the socket bonus is +9/+12 stam. And when you do go for socket bonus's gem Hit/Stam for yellow, or Dodge/Stam for red.

Black heart will give more effective health, which for MTing is very nice. Avoidance is (Imo) better for OTing. More effective health gives your healers more buffer room for slips, and minimizes RNG. Avoidance relies on RNG, and while having it is nice (And important), having too much at the cost of EH is generally a bad idea.

As a healer, I used to QQ when I healed DKs, but especially in the Pit of Saron, all the DKs silences on the casters is nice. Tell them to lick your butt and shut up.

I bet your GS is under 5500... what are you doing in HC:s for crying out loud???!!11ONE

/sarcasm (to not get banned my new forums mods)

Deleted

I very much like the lore, idea and characteristics about DeathKnights as a class.
    I dislike DeathKnights as tanks when on my healer, as they do take substantial more damage.
    I sincerely hate about 90% of the players behind DeathKnights for their ignorant, immature behavior.

Not sure which you are getting at, but you just had bad luck of grouping with abusive players, although only the healer should complain about you taking damage. If you did not loose aggro by normal means, the DPS should just have shut the hell up and learn to hold back before going all-out.

If you are a decent tank holding aggro and keeping the mobs off your party members, carry on as normal. Abusive jerks will always be around and apart from ignoring, there is not much you can do.

You know what they say: Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Use your cooldowns more often to avoid stressing the healer.

15+ Year Old Account

Like someone said, haters will hate.

Unless the tank wipes the group more than once by going down like a cheerleader on prom night or can't keep aggro on more than 1 mob then I don't see a valid reason to hate.

Some healers get angry because they don't like to actually play their class, having to use more than 2 buttons can get really stressful and make some people really angry.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Some days ago a healer complained and left the group because i, as a tank, wasnt able to tank all 3 targets of the mobs chain lightning.

Deal with it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".