Poll: Which healer would you say has the best survivability in PvP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: POLL: What healer has the best survivability? (Hardest to kill)

Because I play a resto shaman, I have to go with Holy Paladins. I've seen a couple on my battlegroup with 40k mana that just WILL NOT die. lol While druids... I just sit back and purge spam while my dps kill them.
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

druids. they can counter nearly all attacks you throw at them.
    also the only healer who can heal the whole group at once and kite at the same time.

mana burn: shape shift
    mind control: shape shift
    cc: shape shift
    sheep: shift
    silence: who cares? hotpower
    counter: useless -> instants
    oom: run and reg / stealth / regbuff

shape shift costs need to be increased for resto massively. i know they changed it because feral sucked but in the same turn it overpowered resto.
    conclusion: remove first tier shape shifting talents and put them deep into the feral tree. also remove immunity to sheep, mind control, manaburn etc. from all druid forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shihōin
    Because I play a resto shaman, I have to go with Holy Paladins. I've seen a couple on my battlegroup with 40k mana that just WILL NOT die. lol While druids... I just sit back and purge spam while my dps kill them.
    40k mana pally will die in 1 counter spell, since they are in all pve gear with all int gems

if you see someone in line with 28k HP and 23k mana, watch out.

10+ Year Old Account

Disc priest.

Deleted

well what a surprise. Druids win, pallys on second and shamans or the worst. pitty that wtfnub healing pallys are considered more outlasting than disc priests

None of the above. Killing a protholy paladin is the worst. Scilenced then stunned oh wait you can heal to full every 30 secs with an 8 sec caster lockdown? (5for melee)

Plus you get the fun of holy shield for passivly blocking a crap ton.

Come on lets all get real shamans are the most loves in all aspects of wow and clearly beat anything unless its a warrior mage rogue dk hunter priest lock pala druid

Oh wait thats everything

Quote Originally Posted by black-
    also remove immunity to sheep, mind control, manaburn etc. from all druid forms.
    I'm sorry but this is one of the funniest things I have read all night. Immunity to some CCs is not the reason you can't kill a Druid. Trust me.

protheal paladin (rofl): easiest counter/pummel target for both, melee and caster, got no instant heal.

holypal: seems due to beeing a plate wearer with some heavy deff cd's + instant heal hard to kill for a melee/caster without ms. heavy cast reliant, switch or spread dps in grp scenario, and ull prolly see him casting. pummel gg.

disc: tons of mitigation, offensive abilities like dots, dispell, burn fear, makes him a versatile healing char, but behaves in a duell vs a ms class like being a priest IRL getting beaten down in a dark alley, trying to defend himself with loud screams and prayers. also heavy dispell vulnerability. also flashs easy to pummel (nvm penance).

restoshaman: meh, in rls it feels like playing a priest on crack + heroism. got off dispell. got 11k armor. got cast and forget cleansing shit. mind shear on 6s cd. strong cc via hex. grounding. same story as above, vulnerable to both off disp + pummel. no deff cd's. shield only via glyph. one instant every 3 mins.

druid: yeah, with resil change, and lifebloom mechanic, hard to kill if youre solo. youll have to create a scenario whereas hots are being dispelled or the inc dmg is so high, that bearcatree has to cast (2vs2+). only window to score a pummel. vulnerable to dispell cause LB wont get him topped alone. manaburn is great if ure able to dispell (maybe innervate) too.

problem with resto druids is that multiple targets could receive heal via hots with no casttime, while the druid prolly tanks at least 1-2 dps's jumpin around and shit, leaving the window wide open for his mates to do whatever they want.
    leads to the fact that a druid is somewhat "strong" against the above mentioned anti heal options, especially pummel, but it clearly comes down to the tunnelvision dps' which isnt clearly as good as they think they are.
    druids are definetly the hardest healer to lockout via tunneling him.

try to use ur shield slam (look at the tooltip, it dispells).
    dont use strangulate at 80% when the target has 3lb + rej + regr up.
    purge is sometimes more effective than your lavaburst.
    open your spellbook, search for "banish" try to use it on the tree, which isnt impressed by the destrochain u learned from youtube.com.
    spellsteal > 3k frobo in some situation.
    try switchin with aimed onto another target, or even get some multishots out, just to see the druid "waste" his mana.
    try hard switching dps on a nonhotted target, splitting dps, use snares on his team members, dispell, find out the weakest target, and try to lock it down.

Resto druids only have good survivability if properly managed. Everyone knows the trick to killing druids is hard switches when hots aren't kept up, and rolling anything more than Rejuvs on the entire team is a great way for a druid to oom themselves really fast. It takes balance to thread the thin line between remaining versatile and remaining sustainable, and little cracks in hot uptimes can be easily exploited for kills.

Not to mention dispel spam.

Paladins on the other hand are just innately defensive. They are the most lacking in the control/burst department (Druids arguably have stronger cc than Paladins) so it's a no-brainer that they are compensated by having the best defensive tools. I know bubbles can be broken by two classes, blah blah, but their power still shouldn't be underestimated, and when you factor in defensive dispels, plate, absorbs, and holy shock, Paladins really do have better survivability than Druids, and I'm rather surprised that the poll results seem to suggest mmo readers think otherwise.

One last example: if you pit War/DK/Druid against War/DK/Paladin, 80% of the matches will go to the "real" TSG. The ability to bubble to mitigate the initial burst and HoF kiting through Desecrated Ground means the Druid in comparison simply cannot survive long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by black-
    druids. they can counter nearly all attacks you throw at them.
    also the only healer who can heal the whole group at once and kite at the same time.

mana burn: shape shift
    mind control: shape shift
    cc: shape shift
    sheep: shift
    silence: who cares? hotpower
    counter: useless -> instants
    oom: run and reg / stealth / regbuff

shape shift costs need to be increased for resto massively. i know they changed it because feral sucked but in the same turn it overpowered resto.
    conclusion: remove first tier shape shifting talents and put them deep into the feral tree. also remove immunity to sheep, mind control, manaburn etc. from all druid forms.

having to shapeshift for every mana burn you start casting still kills our mana. not to mention you can just spam dispell the hots and if hots aren't being managed correctly just switch a target and burst the druid down while spamming dispell

Best way to kill a druid:
    Enh shaman, BM hunter, Holy pally.
    Shaman:
    Wolves, Heroism, Totems, Purge purge purge purge purge purge purge purge purge interrupt?
    Hunter:
    Aimed shot, Beastial wrath, CC enemies, Steady shot steady shot steady shot steady shot.
    Paladin:
    Stun lololololololololololololololololololololol heal?

At the same time
    Enemy resto druid:
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Shaman:
    Wolves, Heroism, Totems, Purge purge purge purge purge purge purge purge purge interrupt?
    Hunter:
    Aimed shot, Beastial wrath, CC enemies, Steady shot steady shot steady shot steady shot.
    Paladin:

At the same time
    Enemy resto druid:
    Forgot the part where Pally JoJ Druid so he can't shift out of snares.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Shaman:
    Hunter:
    Paladin:

At the same time
    Enemy resto druid:
    wait ...i bet that works for every healer out there...

besides ...apart from that extreme uber blast the druid scenario...
    purge hots, spam lifebloom, gg instant heals every gcd!

Shammy healer is hardest to kill.. someone always beats me to it :/

i play a resto shaman (in furios gear)
    i beat most relentless geared classes in a duel

druid hands down, rofl at the people voting for resto shaman ahhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mikka

disc: tons of mitigation, offensive abilities like dots, dispell, burn fear, makes him a versatile healing char, but behaves in a duell vs a ms class like being a priest IRL getting beaten down in a dark alley, trying to defend himself with loud screams and prayers. also heavy dispell vulnerability. also flashs easy to pummel [u](nvm penance).
    please don't tell me you're trying to suggest penance and flash heal are in different spell schools.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.