Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Legend Of The Seeker/ Sword Of Truth

I was really disappointed when I learned that they were discontinuing the series. We will never see Nikki turn to the light or see Jagang come into play. But after seeing the finale, I'm glad it ended how it did. It sure wasn't a Firefly, but I would love to see a movie come out of it all the same!

Two seasons just wasn't enough, but at least we got an ending.
    For the Alliance!

Well I mean what I dont understand is that the books had so many battles and fights and mystery is that they could easily expand deeper into them and stuff with our resorting automatically to not killing Rahl, when he was dead and gone in the books.

I mean they could of easily had made the entire first season out the first book with a little bit more back story on pretty much all the characters I think. And then the second season, the second book and so on and so forth.

I mean I myself have never watched it, but from the few little clips I have seen it was just terrible.

Bad actors, and not bad as in like terrible acting I mean bad as in they look like nothing like what was said they look like in the books. Richard is way broader, stronger, and much more bad ass looking in the book. I mean we are talking about a woodsman, who stabbed a guy in the head so hard with his sword, his head literally exploded.

We go from this

to this

big difference, eh?

thats my two cents on it. I like the books better, but could never chew through Faith of the Fallen.

oh and sorry about the pictures, I am not quite sure how to make them into smaller image so you can click on it to get it big.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

I just finished reading the last book, saw a screenshot of the show...no thanks lol, I like fantasy on paper a lot better.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

the 2nd season was a lot better than the first, and it was darker. the special effects were better. the first 3~ episodes of the 2nd season were amazing(Cara storyline) and it had me hooked early on....and it showed a lot of improvement over the 1st season.

now after watching every episode other than the finale, i'm almost glad they canceled it. imo it just got more and more boring, and none of the episodes have come close to the emotion/drama in the first 3~. the last few i watched almost half falling asleep they were so unfulfilling, with no depth and just typical round and round 'keeper + darken rahl', 'sisters of light' vs 'sisters of darkness' fanatics, and it got extremely redundant.

one thing is i didn't mind the main star actor. i thought he did a decent job even tho everyone that loves the books seems to criticize him. the fill in's they had in some episodes playing the seeker role, or even the dude on the ft cover of the book seem way worse to me than the guy they picked.

anyways its a shame it got canceled, i was a fan early on, but the show just really got redundantly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    one thing is i didn't mind the main star actor. i thought he did a decent job even tho everyone that loves the books seems to criticize him. the fill in's they had in some episodes playing the seeker role, or even the dude on the ft cover of the book seem way worse to me than the guy they picked.
    so basically, what you just said, is that the tv actor on the show is way better at being the character than the actual character?

right?

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    so basically, what you just said, is that the tv actor on the show is way better at being the character than the actual character?

right?
    so you think the guy on the cover can act just as well as he's written into the book?

they had about 3~ people play the seeker throughout this show, and all of them were worse than the kid they chose. way worse. that meat head on the cover would seem awkward, and thats even if he could act. i definitely wouldn't be cool with him having some romance with the other 2 hot chicks.

10+ Year Old Account

OK going to read all the post just though I would throw in my 2 cents on "The Legend of the Seeker"

I read all the Sword of Truth in high school and I loved them. They are the to this day the only book series that I have gotten though. This was also around the time Lord of the Rings was coming out in theaters. After watching the The fellowship of the ring I always thought that the Sword of Truth into a movie.

Flash forward to around last Christmas I was channel surfing and BAM someone made a Sword of Truth TV series (I was late hearing about it) and they where doing a marathon of the 1st season on Syfy. So I sit down and I cant wait to see my favorit book series brought to life.

What I saw was pure shit.... I see the 1st episode and there are so many things they got messed up, I dont think they even looked at the book when they wrote the script.

RANT TIME

Richard looks like a 18 year old (they never give an age in the book but he has been on his own for a while so i always pictured him as being 25+) and still lives with his father (who should be dead) Zedd is a "crazy old man that talks to chickens" (Zedd was like a 2nd father to Richard for his whole life not a crazy old hermit, and he talks to his cat thank you very much) Darken Rahl is Richard's BROTHER... Oh and the best part Kahlan has the Book of Counted Shadows and gives it to Richard... well fuck there went the whole 1st book (not going to explain if you have read the books then you get it)

I could go on and on, I stopped watching the TV series. Sometimes I catch it on and I I spend the whole time hold my head in shame that Terry Goodkind lets this crap go on.

On a side note as I said I never watch the series, did they ever go into the Wizards Rules (see sig)?
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    so you think the guy on the cover can act just as well as he's written into the book?

they had about 3~ people play the seeker throughout this show, and all of them were worse than the kid they chose. way worse. that meat head on the cover would seem awkward, and thats even if he could act. i definitely wouldn't be cool with him having some romance with the other 2 hot chicks.
    bwahahahaha

Richard Rahl, thats what Richard Rahl looks like man. That meathead on the cover of the book so you say is the life of the book, he is the Wizard who can use both negative and postivie, smarter than the great wizard Zed, and not only that but he can survive through a Confessors blast without losing himself.

and then again, we arent talking about if that picture can jump out and start acting. I am sure there are people who look more like what Richard actually does than that kid, I am just saying based on looks the kid is a joke compared to the Richard described in the book.

Then again I dont really care how well they act to be honest, cause I watched half of one episode and wanted to burn down the studio. So it dosent bother me that the actors that played the Seeker didnt act right.

And really? 3 different actors for Richard? Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    bwahahahaha

Richard Rahl, thats what Richard Rahl looks like man. That meathead on the cover of the book so you say is the life of the book, he is the Wizard who can use both negative and postivie, smarter than the great wizard Zed, and not only that but he can survive through a Confessors blast without losing himself.

and then again, we arent talking about if that picture can jump out and start acting. I am sure there are people who look more like what Richard actually does than that kid, I am just saying based on looks the kid is a joke compared to the Richard described in the book.

Then again I dont really care how well they act to be honest, cause I watched half of one episode and wanted to burn down the studio. So it dosent bother me that the actors that played the Seeker didnt act right.

And really? 3 different actors for Richard? Damn
    well they were in some of the episode plots where Zedd named another seeker or somehow they became the seeker temporarily, and they were all worse than the young guy. way worse. i don't care what the book says, the show with that meat head and those 2 hot chicks would piss me off.

the show wasn't that bad compared to other fantasy shows on TV, especially the first few episodes of the 2nd season, altho it ended up going in circles and sucking when it died imo.

I had kept on the books since they started coming out and when I saw they were making a tv show I was all :-X

I thought it would maybe be ok..........I quit watching part of the way through the first episode. I couldn't take it....they changed so much and was just disappointing.

My friends recommended it so I picked up the first book, being an avid fan of fantasy, reading Robert Jordan, George Martin, Terry Pratchet, Neil Gaiman, among others. Started it a bit ago...

Couldn't get halfway through the book... I really didn't like the book, I thought it was pretty bad. And I never stop halfway though a book.

I watched the first episode, didn't really like it either, but I think it's better than the books... and that's saying something. But don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.

I must admit, Reading the books is alot easier now that i can picture Bridget Regan as Kahlen. I always like books made into seeries so i dont have to visualize the characters mydelf. (: