Deleted

[Request] Keep spoilers out of thread titles.

With all the speculation, leaks, mining and all that jazz going on, this website is going to be swamped with information about the final part of the current expansion. And as much as I am into lore and want to know about what happened to who, when, where and how, I don't want to know the end of a movie before even going to the cinema.

Boubouille did a great job so far by putting huge (SPOILER) tags where needed, and I am glad he did. But the problem with the frontpage in this case, is that the thread titles are listed on the very top of the website, for our convenience. As much as the site owners make sure the end of the movie is not given away, some ignorant forum users have a habit of doing that exact same thing with their thread titles. Numerous threads were seen in the last few months with titles as "xxxxx is gonna be the new lich king" and "xxxxx will die in the next patch"

So, my request for the moderation team for the next few weeks (although it would be best if this would be enforced all the time, of course) is simple: Please edit spoiling thread titles as soon as these are reported, and add a [SPOILER] tag to them. This way, we can decide for ourself to click/read or not. Needless to say, any forum would be a better place anyway if they had proper [TAGS] in front of the thread titles, but with thousands of visitors that's nearly impossible.

Also, please do NOT start a discussion about whether or not people who don't want everything spoiled should visit these websites. You want such a discussion, go create your own damn thread. Thank you for reading and have a nice patch 3.3.2

Re: [Request] Keep spoilers out of thread titles.

I absolutely sign this as a fantastic idea. Our raid leader made a post on our guild forums a few months back when all the spoilers started leaking making it very clear that people could feel free to read them if they wanted to, but if anybody made a post on our forums copying the spoilers, they'd get a swift gkick. While it was joking in spirit, it got the point across and even our lore nerds haven't made a peep.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I too think that is a really great idea. And yes, the [Spoiler] alert last time really helped out knowing what to watch and what not to if you want the rush of it in-game.
    It is like... You're going to watch superbowl on sunday, but you already know who won. It takes some of the greatness of the game away.
    But yeah, think it's going to be well hard for moderators to keep that up, as ALOT of people use MMO Champion :P

/sign

people are free to read spoilers if they want .

But some people don't and might accidentally read it if its on the front page.

As is, not saying Boub doesn't do a good job. Cos he really does!
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Deleted

I noticed a few of the [SPOILER] tags in the thread titles on the front page. Not sure if the moderator team changed them or the poster named it themself, but I would like to thank whoever it was, nevertheless

If moderators changed the titles; please keep up the good work!